+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 86

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    The "Average" Income in MLM

    There has been much debate on this issue of "average" income. MLMer's think all IBO's who do little or nothing should not count when figuring an average income. However, if you discard the low achievers, then by the same reasoning, the top achievers should also be dropped, which would give you a more accurate picture of what a rank and file IBO (who puts forth effort) would earn.

    This would display a "likely" outcome for those who put forth effort into their MLM.

    The IBO's who "do nothing", get what they deserve, as well as high achievers, who also get what they deserve for their efforts.

    That being said, a prospective business owner should want to know what is the likely result of joining and putting forth effort. A prospective business owner should want to know the high and low end possibilities, as well as the most likely results.

    Let the feeding frenzy begin..... :

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,904

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    No one is saying, ''cut out the low achievers'', but I would say is, cut out the people who do nothing, i.e. join and quit, usually within a few days. An average could then be taken of people who only spend a small amount of time on the business and the people who spend more time on the business and obviously earn more. These averages could then be split into groups decided by the amount of hours put in. We could then compare how much people earn by the number of hours worked at the business.
    I would hazard a guess that people who put in a small number of hours earn a small amount; those that put in more hours would earn more and those that put in a lot of hours earn a lot.

    Would any company spend the huge amount of time and resources needed to produce these numbers? Of course not.

  3. #3

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    There has been much debate on this issue of "average" income. MLMer's think all IBO's who do little or nothing should not count when figuring an average income. However, if you discard the low achievers, then by the same reasoning, the top achievers should also be dropped, which would give you a more accurate picture of what a rank and file IBO (who puts forth effort) would earn.

    This would display a "likely" outcome for those who put forth effort into their MLM.

    The IBO's who "do nothing", get what they deserve, as well as high achievers, who also get what they deserve for their efforts.

    That being said, a prospective business owner should want to know what is the likely result of joining and putting forth effort. A prospective business owner should want to know the high and low end possibilities, as well as the most likely results.

    Let the feeding frenzy begin..... :
    Or just do what a good handful of companies do... publish a distribution....
    X% reach level A, and earn Y
    Y% reach level B and earn Z
    etc....

    The distributions show the vast majority of people gross (not net) little to nothing. What Doyle refuses to admit (but knows) is that for the vast majority of recruits, they will be the people that earn little to nothing, thus, they will be represented by the numerous people he wants to not count. Removing them from the distribution only gives people a very unreasonable picture of their likely outcome.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,904

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    Or just do what a good handful of companies do... publish a distribution....
    X% reach level A, and earn Y
    Y% reach level B and earn Z
    etc....

    The distributions show the vast majority of people gross (not net) little to nothing. What Doyle refuses to admit (but knows) is that for the vast majority of recruits, they will be the people that earn little to nothing, thus, they will be represented by the numerous people he wants to not count. Removing them from the distribution only gives people a very unreasonable picture of their likely outcome.
    Removing people who join on Monday and decide to pack it in on Tuesday is unreasonable? LOL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Removing people who join on Monday and decide to pack it in on Tuesday is unreasonable? LOL
    A more reasonable way to determine income would be to find the median. Eliminate the bottom and top 10% of the participants and the remaining average would give you a more realistic view of what is the most likely result.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    A more reasonable way to determine income would be to find the median. Eliminate the bottom and top 10% of the participants and the remaining average would give you a more realistic view of what is the most likely result.
    80/20 rule. Yes, 10% quit before even trying. Yes, 10% try hard, and some do really well, some break even, and some lose a little. But the 80% in the middle ALL lose everything they put in. That is what the average MLMr can expect, even if they don't quit right away. In fact, the reason many of them lose so much is because of the fact that they DIDN'T quit right away!

    The longer you are in MLM, the more time and money you will lose.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,904

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    80/20 rule. Yes, 10% quit before even trying. Yes, 10% try hard, and some do really well, some break even, and some lose a little. But the 80% in the middle ALL lose everything they put in. That is what the average MLMr can expect, even if they don't quit right away. In fact, the reason many of them lose so much is because of the fact that they DIDN'T quit right away!
    ''Lose everything they put in''...did you include the 90% refund (most companies for 90 days to 1 year)?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    80/20 rule. Yes, 10% quit before even trying. Yes, 10% try hard, and some do really well, some break even, and some lose a little. But the 80% in the middle ALL lose everything they put in. That is what the average MLMr can expect, even if they don't quit right away. In fact, the reason many of them lose so much is because of the fact that they DIDN'T quit right away!

    The longer you are in MLM, the more time and money you will lose.
    I think this is fundamentally true in MLM's where tools are pushed as being vital to success. i.e. Amway, Mona Vie.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I think this is fundamentally true in MLM's where tools are pushed as being vital to success. i.e. Amway, Mona Vie.
    It's funny how all the tools and seminars which are allegedly designed to help you succeed, also are a way for the MLM to make more money off you. Very convenient for them, because even if you fail, they still get paid for the tools and seminars.

    SCAM!!!!!!!!!
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    It's funny how all the tools and seminars which are allegedly designed to help you succeed, also are a way for the MLM to make more money off you. Very convenient for them, because even if you fail, they still get paid for the tools and seminars.

    SCAM!!!!!!!!!
    Here's a simple solution for the Amway tools 'problem'.

    If you're an Amway IBO, don't buy into them!

    Consider it ONLY if someone is POINTING a GUN at your head trying to persuade you! (Which isn't very likely...ing1:)

    Sheesh!:rotz:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,636

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    How about all the MLMers who get sold a bill of goods and end up doing nothing after they realize they've been screwed out of their cash and if they go further, the only way to make money is to screw other people out of their cash?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Here's a simple solution for the Amway tools 'problem'.

    If you're an Amway IBO, don't buy into them!

    Consider it ONLY if someone is POINTING a GUN at your head trying to persuade you! (Which isn't very likely...ing1:)

    Sheesh!:rotz:
    You say that now. But when you have a savvy rep sitting in front of you pushing all your buttons and asking you why you don't feel like you need to educate yourself and invest in your own business, it's a different story.

    Those are the tactics they use, and that's why so many people get pressured into investing more into the MLM, thus locking themselves into a deeper financial commitment.

    Again, SCAM!!!!!!!!!!
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    You say that now. But when you have a savvy rep sitting in front of you pushing all your buttons and asking you why you don't feel like you need to educate yourself and invest in your own business, it's a different story.
    Really?!

    BS.

    You don't have a clue what I or anyone else would do....

    From the sounds of it though you would have enrolled for a year or more then after reading a book or two start screaming SCAM cause the books wouldn't 'do it all' for you. Then you'd ask for your money back, a year too late.:rasta:

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    Those are the tactics they use, and that's why so many people get pressured into investing more into the MLM, thus locking themselves into a deeper financial commitment.

    Again, SCAM!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, commitment is a BAAAD thing....especially in the US...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    There is no unbiased evidence to suggest that books, seminars or whatever tools there are, helps people to succeed in MLM.

  15. #15
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Yep, commitment is a BAAAD thing....especially in the US...
    So, you are just "commited" to the industry as a whole and not a single company where you have recruited people into to waste their time as well as yours. Right?

    That's your MO. Just hop to the next hot scheme.

    That "commitment" thing takes some effort. Something you seem to lack.

    Some of your comments are quite amusing to say the least.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,904

    Re: The "Average" Income in MLM

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    There is no unbiased evidence to suggest that books, seminars or whatever tools there are, helps people to succeed in MLM.
    There is no unbiased evidence to suggest that books, seminars or whatever tools there are, stops people from succeeding in MLM.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
  2. "Big" income earners ... notice check cashing locales?
    By rodney walker II in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 10:09 AM
  3. Your average "Conservative"
    By rodney walker II in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:54 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 06:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •