+ Reply to Thread

Computer Technician / Payroll Assistant SCAM

The original CL ad for a computer technician:

Computer Technician

Date: 2011-12-04, 5:03AM CST
    Reply to: job-mrcrt-2735075183@*****slist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are looking for a responsible adult who is in search of a rewarding long-term commitment in the IT field. This is a PC Tech. position. The job candidate must be a self-motivated quick learner with a strong PC skill set. Great on the job training available.

Job responsibilities;
    PC Installation/Configuration/Troubleshooting
    Basic Server/Networking Installation/Configuration/Troubleshooting
    Run, route in & terminate Voice/Video/Data cabling

Advancement Opportunity;
    The chosen job applicant will have an opportunity to learn many new technologies by working with multiple clients with diverse needs.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
    commercial interests.
    PostingID: 2735075183

========================================

Strangely enough, the guy responded with information about a Payroll Assistant job, which is obviously a SCAM ...

Response:

Hello,

I am Mark Pogharian, CPA, MBA. I run a private accounting firm and am currently looking to strengthen my organizational structure by adding a Personal Assistant that would work part time as a Payroll assistant i am presently sick, i have stroke and hypertension, so i require a person who will be honest, trustworthy and able to work hard who will handle the printing of Payroll-Checks with the data information of our client on payroll list of the company co-workers and which will be done under the authorization of the company which is legalized by Government in which we will be made for you to dispatch the checks to our client various destinations in USA and i will take care of the shipping and handling of the payrolls you are dropping off.

Secondly, you are only to do these two processes, printing and dispatching, so i will like to know if you will be trustworthy enough to entrust mine and my clients company's vital information and signatory with you, please we want you to be sure that we will be paying you $350 weekly salary for a start (you will only be working 4 to 5 hours per each day, if you performed very well, we will increase your salary to $650 as your performances impress me after a couple of months so, please get back to me today to know your interest.

DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.
    PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
    First Name :_________________
    Middle Name:_________________
    Last Name:_________________
    Full Street Address(not PO BOX) :_________________
    City:_________________
    State:_________________
    Zip Code:_________________
    Cell Phone Number:_________________
    Home Phone Number:_________________
    Email Address:_________________
    Present Work/Position:________________
    _
    What date are you available to start work?_(Immediately)_

Regards,
    Mark

Re: Computer Technician / Payroll Assistant SCAM

Also, the email address he used is:

Mark Pogharian (mpogharian@yahoo.com)

Thanks for posting up the information on that scammer's "cash the fake check" type scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Craigslist listings are almost identical to those that are scams. I have personally not used them for a long time and I hope it is for the better. it can be disappointing sometimes but that is the way it is.