+ Reply to Thread

Contour Financial Solutions scam?

Wanted to get this out there since I was unable to locate ANYTHING about this company.....

I have been recently contacted by a company claiming to be a business by the name of Contour Financial Solutions. When they told me I was approved for a loan of $40,000 with an insurance payment of $2,560.17 I started researching the company before I sent any money of course. They told me that I could also send a partial minimum payment of $989.70, and then when the loan was deposited into my account, I could pay the rest. They immediately e-mailed me a contract that looked very unprofessional, which I still have as an attachment in my e-mail. Upon doing extensive research online beginning with the Better Business Bureau, I could not find any listing of this company at all. I called my state attorney general’s office, and they said this was definitely a scam and to have no further contact with this business. I also called the property manager of the building they are using for their address and they informed me that the suite # they are using is a vacant office. I then called and asked to speak to the manager of this company whose name is “Keith” and he got very snippy with me when I asked to have some sort of legal documentation sent to me proving that they are licensed to practice business, and said that if I didn’t want the loan that was fine, he would just put a negative entry on my file. I have not become a victim of this fraudulent company, but wish to get their name somewhere in a search inquiry so that no one else may become a victim. The website they are conducting “business” under s “ContourSolutionsInc.com” Phone # 888-330-3523, address 121 W. Trade St. Ste 2020, Charlotte, NC 28202.

Re: Contour Financial Solutions scam?

you need to be thankful you did not fall for this common scam.

this is called, advance fee fraud. those people never make any loans, they have no company.

if you send them money as requested, they will respond, that the insurance company decided you are higher risk and need to send more money.

never, never, never send western union or moneygram to anybody you don't know.

all similar offers are also scams. in reality, if there is a fee, it is taken from loan proceeds, as, we sent you $1900 and kept $100 as loan fee, now you owe $2000.

if you need an online loan try prosper.com. it's real. all these other offers you are finding are fake.

Domain Name: CONTOURSOLUTIONSINC.COM
    Created on..............: 2011-11-16

Registrant Info: (FAST-12785284)
    Fastdomain.com
    Fastdomain Inc
    1958 South 950 East
    Provo, Utah 84606
    United States
    Phone: +1.8017659400
    Fax..: +1.8017651992
    Email: whois@fastdomain.com

(website registrars verify nothing)

Last edited by mumbles; 11-30-2011 at 11:01 AM.

100% scam, as mumbles said.

There is no loan, no loan company and nothing legit in that email.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses and will demand you pay for made-up fees, in cash, and only by Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Yes, you caught lots of "red flags" in that scammer's emails, incorrect grammar, non-existent office, no listing for the company and rude employees.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com