+ Reply to Thread

City Job Hunt is a Scam!

I started working for City Job Hunt as a CL ad poster - posting jobs on CL. I thought it was a very good opportunity.

Well it turned bad very quickly. The contact from City Job Hunt neglected to let me know that I would need multiple CL accounts, and phone numbers to go with those accounts for phone verification. She also neglected to tell me that my posts were being ghosted - we don't get paid for ghosted ads. She received the links to our posts everyday via email, but no notification of any problems. So, I posted all my ads to one CL account, and almost all of them got ghosted - some got flagged. Now I understand that CL is the one ghosting the ads or flagging them - but she should have let someone know about how to avoid getting ghosted or flagged. So I posted over 100 ads, and pay is $1.00 for listed ads, 50 cents for flagged, and nothing for ghosted. I only earned almost $20.

I was livid, and I emailed her and asked her why I wasn't contacted about my postings being flagged, and why I wasn't told that I needed multiple CL accounts, phone verification numbers, and ways to avoid ghosted ads. She told me she did her job, she can't help that CL ghosted my ads, and that I am just a 1099 employee - I can come and go as I please. I resigned that same day. She treated me like I was nothing.

I advise people not to consider working for City Job Hunt as a CL poster. If you are working for them now - I'd resign. Your pay is pretty much based on whether CL flags or ghosts your ads or not. You will have to have all of these CL accounts and numbers for phone verification - all of that is not worth it. You can post 1000 ads, but if CL thinks you are spamming, all of them can be ghosted, and you won't get paid. Your pay should not be based on something like that. You'll be in the time, but you won't get paid for it.:zx11pissed:

City Job Hunt gets free publicity from CL posters posting their spam (under the guise of job postings from Indeed.com that are 'edited' so they can be posted in CL).

I'm trying to tell as many places as I can about this company. Stay away from City Job Hunt!

Re: City Job Hunt is a Scam!

Quote Originally Posted by malia_day View Post
    I started working for City Job Hunt as a CL ad poster - posting jobs on CL.
    What kind of job ads were you posting? Could you post up an example or 2 of the kinds of ads you were posting on CL?
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Meri Widow,

Here is a copy of one ad:

Local Organization is looking for to employ a highly motivated individual for the purpose of offering accounting functions for several businesses and accurately billing numerous clients.

Requirements:

five years of Accounting/ Bookkeeping experience

Strong data entry abilities, including 10 crucial

Encounter with Microsoft Workplace

Knowledge with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, 9.0

Encounter with QuickBooks on the web

Advanced Knowledge with Microsoft Excel

Capability to switch rapidly between tasks

Capability to meet deadlines

Customer Service Experience

Expert demeanor

Attention to detail

Requirements

Give monthly Economic Statement Analysis

Supply monthly reporting

Reconcile general ledger accounting

Close accounting records

Apply client deposits

Produce Client invoices utilizing day-to-day reports

Deliver invoices to customers timely

Study and concern refunds at client request

Researching A/R concerns related to billing and auditing of outstanding accounts

Approach Accounts Payable

Additional office duties, main point of contact

Here is another:

Job Description

Medical Receptionist work in clean environments and are constantly interacting with other folks. Medical receptionists are placed in hospitals, doctor's offices, medical clinics, and other wellness care facilities. They perform administrative tasks to preserve the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other well being practitioners running smoothly.

Responsibilities Incorporate:

Record medical histories

Prepare patient and room for examination

Sterilize instruments

Schedule and get patients

Arrange hospital admissions

Manage telephone and written communication

Manage medical and economic records

They usually have a city name followed by jobhunt.com as a link to the website (cityjobhunt.com is the website).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by malia_day; 11-28-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Need to add posting

You are correct in the fact that the job is simply posting "spam" which is why they need lots of people to post the ads.

They aren't going to care or give you a heads up that your ads are getting flagged or ghosted. They are just looking for the numbers.

Stick with the real companies and real jobs and thanks for posting this as a warning to others. These days we are seeing more and more of these types of "jobs" and all they do is hurt the "employees" relationship with *****slist and other types of classified sites.

I see another reason that you weren't paid, those are not real jobs you were posting, sorry. Those are a scammer's "cash the fake check" type fake job. You are lucky you were paid anything at all, usually that type of scammer doesn't bother to pay anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by malia_day View Post

Apply client deposits

Study and concern refunds at client request

Researching A/R concerns related to billing and auditing of outstanding accounts
    That is scammer talk for: accept a fake bank deposit. The deposit will be from a stolen credit card, hi-jacked paypal account or phished bank account. The victim is then suppose to withdrawal the money before their bank realizes the transfer was made with stolen money. The victim is suppose to send the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "client" while they "keep" a small portion. When the credit card/paypal/bank account owner realizes their money is in the victim's account, their bank reverses the transfer then the victim gets the real life job of paying back the bank for all the bank's money they sent to an overseas criminal.

Here is another:

Manage medical and economic records
    "Economic records" translation: cash a large fake check sent on a stolen UPS/FedEx billing account number and send most of the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "doctor/billing company" while the victim "keeps" a small portion. When the victim's bank realizes the check is fake and it bounces, they get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the bank's money they sent to an overseas criminal.

CL and CL viewers are getting more vigilant at spotting, flagging and removing fake jobs ads, that is why so many of your ads weren't "counted". Sorry to say but the real reason that scammer couldn't post on CL is that he was already banned for posting his fake jobs ads.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

The fact that you were simply posting a few ads and hoping to get paid a lot of money, then am sure by now you know that the site or company is a scam. They only tell you that to make you fall for their scam.