+ Reply to Thread

Is everything a scam?!

Got interested in the 'make-money-online' concept recently, but it seems everything on the internet is just people scamming money out of others. Are any of these 'make ads', 'process emails', 'do surveys' for money programs real?

-Nick

Re: Is everything a scam?!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    Got interested in the 'make-money-online' concept recently, but it seems everything on the internet is just people scamming money out of others. Are any of these 'make ads', 'process emails', 'do surveys' for money programs real?

-Nick
    Scam isn't black or white, it's more of a continuum,

Scam, to me, represents the cost compared to the value.

Selling a used bike for market value is fair, but selling it for ten times that would be a scam. Most people know not to pay $2000 for an old Huffy, but the 'do surveys' banner is not a familiar Huffy, thus the web makes it more difficult to decide whether you're getting screwed.

It's hard to appreciate the value of these 'make ads' 'process emails', etc. which is why people sign on for a few bucks just to try it out.

My advice; don't try to be a pioneer at these offers. Follow the steps of someone who has had success with that particular company.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    Got interested in the 'make-money-online' concept recently
    -Nick
    There definitely are ways to make 6 figures online, but the people I know who do it stumbled into untapped markets themselves, and they wouldn't have sold their market share for $50 a pop.

The crap that's posted everywhere about making $1000 a day blah blah blah may have applied at some point, but that train has left the station.

You can make the money, but you have to either be creative or get in early.

Quote Originally Posted by sawedmyhorns
    There definitely are ways to make 6 figures online, but the people I know who do it stumbled into untapped markets themselves, and they wouldn't have sold their market share for $50 a pop.

The crap that's posted everywhere about making $1000 a day blah blah blah may have applied at some point, but that train has left the station.

You can make the money, but you have to either be creative or get in early.
    Very well put. Timing is everything. There will always be new opportunities and the quicker you pick up on them, the more you'll make. But with every great opportunity it will peak and run it's course.

How do you tell when an opportunity has peaked? When there are 10 times as many sellers then there are buyers for a product, move on to something else.