+ Reply to Thread

examshots.com - is this a scam?

http://www.examshots.com
    http://www.examshots.com/services.htm

Examshots.com is a site/company that provides people with 2 different products/services. They can provide test/answer information for tech certifications or they supposedly will take the certification tests for you at a steep price to the buyer.

Of course this sounds shady from the start, but after looking over their website I noticed several uses of improper English and grammatical errors. I also could not find any whois info (it has been made private) and the faq's section ( http://www.examshots.com/faq.htm ) screams of this outfit being in the UK (many scams seem to originate there).

Anyone have any info on this company or thoughts on if this truly is a scam? I hate it when people call something a scam without concrete evidence, but at the same time, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

Your thoughts?

Re: examshots.com - is this a scam?

Anyone have any information on this company? Could they really take IT Cert tests for you or are they a scam?

please listen to your self. can they really take tests for you? or is it a scam. first of all misrepresentation is usually illegal (ie identity theft, although this is different). and do your really need this cert. so bad that you cant just get it your self? come on. think about it...

wake up:eek:
    recieved--
    nt Dell PDA
    nt $2000

completed--
    br $1000 (waiting)

If you found my advice useful, why not make a donation? PM me for my email address for paypal. Anything helps get me through college!

They are promising to take test for you. How could it be legal? What about photo ID?

And guess what? Their address is for Cayman Island. But their phone is for state of Idaho.

hey if you're interested, i've got some ocean front property in colorado, if you're interested.
    recieved--
    nt Dell PDA
    nt $2000

completed--
    br $1000 (waiting)

If you found my advice useful, why not make a donation? PM me for my email address for paypal. Anything helps get me through college!

Wow. You guys are so nice. For your info since you didn't investigate at all but just lashed out, they say they own 6 testing facilities, so photo id is not a problem. They have live online chat and a phone number which allows you to contact them. The address to the islands could be for legal reasons, since if they actually posted their address in ohio they would be giving away the fact that testing facilities in the US are cheating and their testing facilities would be shut down.

The question was not whether the service was the best thing or whether it was even legally following the rules of testing for IT certs; the question was whether this company is legit (a scam or not). Plain and simple.

All of you who responded so quickly with your bashing with your self-proclaimed arrogance suck. Nice way to treat a person on the net or in person. You should be ashamed of yourself. The main problem is that a moderator doesn't stop you for treating people on their website like that. It is a shame.
    Last edited by jiggin; 07-31-2006 at 06:17 AM.

hey sorry, its all in good fun. the general rule is, if its too good to be true or its illegal, do it anyway... no wait
    damn what was that rule.

:)
    recieved--
    nt Dell PDA
    nt $2000

completed--
    br $1000 (waiting)