+ Reply to Thread

Deception At The King James Bible Meeting

Archbishop hails King James Bible

17 Nov 2011

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...james-bible.do

The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has paid tribute to the “extraordinary” and “abiding importance” of the King James Bible at a service to mark the 400th anniversary of the translation.

The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales led around 2,000 worshippers at the service in Westminster Abbey where early editions of the Bible were presented at the altar.

Dr Williams told the congregation that the translators would have been “baffled and embarrassed” by the idea of a perfect translation but had sought instead to convey the “almost unbearable weight of divine intelligence and love” into the English language.

“The temptation is always there for the modern translator to look for strategies that make the text more accessible – and when that temptation comes, it doesn’t hurt to turn for a moment – for some long moments indeed – to this extraordinary text,” he said.

The service was attended by senior clerics including the Archbishop of York Dr John Sentamu, the Bishop of London Dr Richard Chartres and Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, former head of the Catholic Church in England and Wales.

A version of the People’s Bible, hand-written by more than 22,000 people, formed part of the procession of Bibles to the altar.

Organisers said the contributions came from a five-month tour of Britain with visits to the Orkney Islands, the Isle of Man, Jersey, Devon, Whitby, Glasgow, Swansea, Wrexham and London, including verses written by protesters at the Occupy London camp outside St Paul’s Cathedral.

Celebrities who hand wrote verses included the Prince of Wales, who is patron of the King James Bible Trust, David Cameron and Dr Williams.

Other backers included comedian and broadcaster Frank Skinner and the actors Timothy West and Prunella Scales.

The congregation also heard a new composition by one of the winners of the King James Bible Trust composition awards, US composer Zachary Wadsworth.
    Remember Rowan Williams has visited the Vatican and Superior General of the Society of Jesus on numerous occasions. He’s even prayed in the devils lair known as the Divine Dragon aka Vatican in the ancient land of Saturnia (Italy). Rowan Williams has also lectured at the Jesuit, Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. He’s also a bleeding pagan Druid yet claims to be the leader of the Church of England? Don’t believe it! If anyone is the leader of the phony Church of England its Dr Richard Chartres the Queen’s Bishop not Rowan. Interesting to see a red Cardinal at this meeting isn’t it? The same one who Rowan Williams may have been holding hands with on many occasions and his partner in crime aka infiltration of the Protestant Britain. This is why you see today the chaos within such as the allowance of females in high positions within the Church of England which many church goers aren’t happy about, this allows for them to move over to the Catholic Church sitting in wait for their chaos to bring their order. Then you have the Church of England going against the gay marriages which then is designed to promote hate by the people who don’t go to Church and thus a one, two on the Church of England. Its all a clever plan to destroy the Church of England and then have it absorbed into the Catholic Church without a whimper. Make note how Shilliams is trying to give the impression the translation of the King James Authorised Bible is lacking. This is an old trick of Rome that they continually use to this day and will until the KJV is destroyed. Prince Charles is doing is best to destroy the King James Authorised Bible as he pushes the Alpha Course and the wicked Green Bible which aids the genocidal plans of the Club of Rome and Charle’s advisor Jonathan Porritt of the City of London.

One World Religion

The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Re: Deception At The King James Bible Meeting

Assuming God is two equal entities, both equal in power, glory, and Holiness, Christianity is false dogma.

Because there is no son of God, both King James Bible and the Vulgate Bible are inaccurate stories of Jesus Christ. In the New Testament, only Revelation is from God.

Biblical scholars have revealed that the gospels were written 35 to 70 after the death of Jesus, and they were written in Greek by educated Creeks, not Jewish disciples or authors. "But when they have finished their testimony and their evidence is all in, the beast (monster) that comes out of the abyss (bottomless pit) will wage war on them, and conquer and kill them." Revelation 11, 7.

What happened after the two witnesses (God) were attacked by Satan?

Then, "For three and a half days men from the races and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and will no allow them to be put in a tomb." Revelation 11, 9.

Jesus was not crucified. He was beaten to death by Roman soldiers possessed by Satan. After the shameful event, His followers scattered. Many years later, they wrote a cover story glorifying the horrible things that happened to Jesus (God).

Praying to the son of God is like praying to a pagan god. In the wake of the horrible murder we have two thousand years of false religion.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-18-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Jesus was not crucified. He was beaten to death by Roman soldiers possessed by Satan. After the shameful event, His followers scattered. Many years later, they wrote a cover story glorifying the horrible things that happened to Jesus (God).

Praying to the son of God is like praying to a pagan god. In the wake of the horrible murder we have two thousand years of false religion.
    Yeah, so the bible is nonsense, factually incorrect. I agree.

So ... if it's wrong ... what are you basing your religious belief on Cnance? Your dreams? Like the one predicting WW3 last month?

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Yeah, so the bible is nonsense, factually incorrect. I agree.

So ... if it's wrong ... what are you basing your religious belief on Cnance? Your dreams? Like the one predicting WW3 last month?
    First of all I didn't make a prediction. If you reread the post, I said I believe. That is not a prediction. Lord jag has had fun exaggerating my statement. Nevertheless, I'll post what I please and take the consequences.

If you had read my previous postings about God, you would not be surprised. It's what I believe. As for evidence, I am in good company. None of NT authors had evidence. We are all flying by the seat of our pants. Thus, without evidence, we believe. I admit to having dreams, but it is pointless discussing them on scam.com.

For my believe, there are dire consequences for humankind. Follow the historical path. You'll conclude the gospels are highly suspect. Read the works of Bart D. Ehrman about the New Testament.

For atheist like yourself, all discussions lead back to the same old place. If you don't believe in God, there is no point discussing.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.

For atheist like yourself, all discussions lead back to the same old place. If you don't believe in God, there is no point discussing.
    No, it all leads back to what we have evidence for. There is no evidence for your god, or anyone elses, so I dont believe in them, any of them.

Equally, I accept that evidence could be forthcoming for anything at all, and I'll be delighted to accept it when there is evidence.

My point about the bible is simple - if you dont accept it as true, or accept only parts of it, why accept any of it? Isnt the whole basis of the belief in the christian god utterly undermined?

What you seem to have done is decided the standard christian dogma is untrue, but created your own. Your own Cnance religion. Which is fine, you crack on mate.

But there isnt any reason, logically or evidentially, to think its even remotely true.

No, it all leads back to what we have evidence for. There is no evidence for your god, or anyone elses, so I dont believe in them, any of them.

Equally, I accept that evidence could be forthcoming for anything at all, and I'll be delighted to accept it when there is evidence.

My point about the bible is simple - if you dont accept it as true, or accept only parts of it, why accept any of it? Isnt the whole basis of the belief in the christian god utterly undermined?

What you seem to have done is decided the standard christian dogma is untrue, but created your own. Your own Cnance religion. Which is fine, you crack on mate.

But there isnt any reason, logically or evidentially, to think its even remotely true.
    Well, thanks for the civil reply.

On scam.com we've been over and over this area, so it's pointless to revisit those discussions.

As for evidence, my standard reply is, as you know, prove a natural science explanation for the universe, which would negate God as an explanation.

Since my belief is at odds with the entire Christian community, I have little to stand on. That however doesn't mean I'm incorrect. I am absolutely certain of what I know.

There is no chance that my believes can ever become religion. No one would accept a religion based on no salvation.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.

As for evidence, my standard reply is, as you know, prove a natural science explanation for the universe, which would negate God as an explanation.
    Theres no need to negate god as an explanation, in the same way theres no need to negate ANY OTHER explanation which has no evidence whatsoever. Goblins, zeus, sauron, my magic cat, none of them have evidence either. Your god is no different.

It's this simple point you refuse to even acknowledge. The scientific position is a) we dont know yet b) let the evidence lead us.

Seems eminently sensible to me. Choosing a random supernatural cause, based purely on which supernatural YOU happen to believe in, seems somewhat disingenuous.

Theres no need to negate god as an explanation, in the same way theres no need to negate ANY OTHER explanation which has no evidence whatsoever. Goblins, zeus, sauron, my magic cat, none of them have evidence either. Your god is no different.

It's this simple point you refuse to even acknowledge. The scientific position is a) we dont know yet b) let the evidence lead us.

Seems eminently sensible to me. Choosing a random supernatural cause, based purely on which supernatural YOU happen to believe in, seems somewhat disingenuous.
    I agree, we should wait for evidence. However, there is no reason to stop believing just because you can't satisfy critics demands for empirical proof. If that standard existed in ancient times no one would do rain dances or other such things to change their world. How boring is that?

Since we have religion and billions of believers why not explore the options?

I confess my weird religious ideas are based on dreams. Just because there is no way to confirm them with science, doesn't mean I'm required to reject them. Back then in biblical times, people had dreams that became part of the Old Testament. I guess it has to do with status. If I were in a cult or a high profile evangelist I'd get attention. Actually, I prefer to post on scam.com. After that, when I turn my computer off, I am back in a noncontroversial world.

As for my beliefs, no one will ever accept them. Everyone wants a lot of hype with their religion.

I agree, we should wait for evidence. However, there is no reason to stop believing just because you can't satisfy critics demands for empirical proof. If that standard existed in ancient times no one would do rain dances or other such things to change their world. How boring is that?

Since we have religion and billions of believers why not explore the options?

I confess my weird religious ideas are based on dreams. Just because there is no way to confirm them with science, doesn't mean I'm required to reject them. Back then in biblical times, people had dreams that became part of the Old Testament. I guess it has to do with status. If I were in a cult or a high profile evangelist I'd get attention. Actually, I prefer to post on scam.com. After that, when I turn my computer off, I am back in a noncontroversial world.

As for my beliefs, no one will ever accept them. Everyone wants a lot of hype with their religion.
    And noone - at all - is suggesting you shouldnt believe whatever you want.

What you cant do is claim that your particular (and you admit unique) religion & deity must be the default. That rightly gets people going.

You are absolutely entitled to believe exactly what you want though.

And noone - at all - is suggesting you shouldnt believe whatever you want.

What you cant do is claim that your particular (and you admit unique) religion & deity must be the default. That rightly gets people going.

You are absolutely entitled to believe exactly what you want though.
    Yes, but to avoid unnecessary disputes, I prefer to make God the default. In the end, it doesn't matter, we all end up the same. It is however satisfying to know why we are here.

Yes, but to avoid unnecessary disputes, I prefer to make God the default.
    Fine, you prefer it, but that doesnt make your particular god the default in terms of facts.

In the end, it doesn't matter, we all end up the same. It is however satisfying to know why we are here.
    Theres no requirement for a why. And you dont know, you believe.

Fine, you prefer it, but that doesnt make your particular god the default in terms of facts.
    You are inferring that there is more than one god. I claim there is only one God, the Lord of the Old Testament. Before we settle that dispute, we need to know if a god, any god did it.

Theres no requirement for a why. And you dont know, you believe.
    I know what I believe. It doesn't matter if I can convince you or not, it wont change the fact of my belief.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

You are inferring that there is more than one god. I claim there is only one God, the Lord of the Old Testament. Before we settle that dispute, we need to know if a god, any god did it.
    ...and your claims is base less, not supported by any facts or data. It's simply an emotional claim...like a child who believes in Santa because he want to.

I know what I believe. It doesn't matter if I can convince you or not, it wont change the fact of my belief.
    Yes, you know what you believe but, you don't know if your belief is fact or fiction.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    ...and your claims is base less, not supported by any facts or data. It's simply an emotional claim...like a child who believes in Santa because he want to.

Yes, you know what you believe but, you don't know if your belief is fact or fiction.
    Hello Mr. Logic, I missed your cynical replies.

I never said I didn't know if it was fact or fiction. I said "for me it is fact." Let me give you an example. If you fell off cliff and rolled to the bottom, would that be a fact or fiction? Of course, it would be a fact.

Just like falling down a hill, I've had experiences. So, for me, God is a fact.

I don't equate believing in God with Santa Claus. Although that may apply to someone who has never had an experience with God. Because you have never had such experience, doubt is a reasonable response. However, just because I can't convince you of my experience is no reason for me denying such an experience. If you don't believe it, so what! It doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, no one believes me. Well, not exactly. My wife believes what I have said about my dreams, but, because she's a dedicated Christian, she questions my interpretations.

So do we go back to the old you can't say that unless you have proof, or do we just let it go? You know I wont back down.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Hello Mr. Logic, I missed your cynical replies.
    Good.

I never said I didn't know if it was fact or fiction. I said "for me it is fact." Let me give you an example. If you fell off cliff and rolled to the bottom, would that be a fact or fiction? Of course, it would be a fact.
    You're an "apples and oranges" type of guy, aren't you.

Just like falling down a hill, I've had experiences. So, for me, God is a fact.
    Falling down a hill is real.

I don't equate believing in God with Santa Claus. Although that may apply to someone who has never had an experience with God. Because you have never had such experience, doubt is a reasonable response. However, just because I can't convince you of my experience is no reason for me denying such an experience. If you don't believe it, so what! It doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, no one believes me. Well, not exactly. My wife believes what I have said about my dreams, but, because she's a dedicated Christian, she questions my interpretations.
    You chri$tians seem to suffer from some type of emotional flaw that can only be resolved by being promised some type of salvation...from some type of mythical sky fair.

I wonder if this is a brain enzyme type of thing.

So do we go back to the old you can't say that unless you have proof, or do we just let it go? You know I wont back down.
    You can say what ever you wish, there is no law against delusion.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Good.

You're an "apples and oranges" type of guy, aren't you.

Falling down a hill is real.

You chri$tians seem to suffer from some type of emotional flaw that can only be resolved by being promised some type of salvation...from some type of mythical sky fair.

I wonder if this is a brain enzyme type of thing.

You can say what ever you wish, there is no law against delusion.

As an atheist, your reply is totally expected. However, you made some errors. I am not a true Christians and I never said my believes include salvation. On the contrary, I have repeated said there is no salvation. This has been going on for a long time.

Pay attention and read postings before you post. Believing that Jesus was God makes me a believer, but unless you believe Jesus is the son of God you can't be a "true" Christian.

We have been debating the God versus Science question for a long time. No use revisiting those debates. Why don't we just keep it civil and specific to topics. If you want to debate Christians, leave me out.

If you want to debate about God, keep it on that topic. In other words, either God did or did not create the universe. Isn't that the topic?