+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 32 of 32

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Looks like all those nights up until 4 am in your mothers basement doing your best to stop AIL was just a huge waste of time. Most of us already knew that, but now theres no denying it. Maybe if you work really hard you can waste the next five years of your life telling stories about how the CEO of American income said something unethical to you in 2003.

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Location Location!
    Posts
    766

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Looks like the thread is indeed gone.




    .
    Last edited by walksthedogs; 03-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    "Wag more, bark less."
    .

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Quote Originally Posted by factfinder25 View Post
    Looks like all those nights up until 4 am in your mothers basement doing your best to stop AIL was just a huge waste of time. Most of us already knew that, but now theres no denying it. Maybe if you work really hard you can waste the next five years of your life telling stories about how the CEO of American income said something unethical to you in 2003.
    Or we can discuss how American Income over promises and under delivers. AIL promises during recruiting a career and your own business. They further promise a training system to assist you in achieving these promises. The facts are that 95% of all newly contracted agents leave within 6 months, 98% within 1 year. Not much of a career, not much of a system. We can discuss how you are contracted as an independent contractor but they illegally direct your time and appointments. We can discuss how AIL trains agents to mislead in setting appointments with customers, never divulging that the purpose of the appointment is an insurance sales presentation, a practice considered unethical and illegal by many State Insurance Commissioners. We can discuss the false income claims made in violation of FTC regulations. We can discuss how AIL agents are required to be member of the Office and Professional Employees Union Local 277 (even though agents are not employees) and pay monthly dues, approximately $20 per month. With 4300 agents contracted that means the union collects approximately $86000 monthly for the worst contract in the industry. Or we can discuss how this contract provides for a unique vesting schedule for commissions and renewals by which the non-vested portion reverts to the company, 100% in the first year. Yes, AIL profits from agent turnover.
    Last edited by wghholtrad; 02-07-2012 at 09:43 PM.

  4. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Quote Originally Posted by factfinder25 View Post
    Looks like all those nights up until 4 am in your mothers basement doing your best to stop AIL was just a huge waste of time. Most of us already knew that, but now theres no denying it. Maybe if you work really hard you can waste the next five years of your life telling stories about how the CEO of American income said something unethical to you in 2003.
    Amazing how you think the best way to respond to the facts on this thread is to use insults and derogatory remarks. Shows a great deal of insecurity and defensivness on your part and really adds nothing to the debate.

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerick View Post
    Amazing how you think the best way to respond to the facts on this thread is to use insults and derogatory remarks. Shows a great deal of insecurity and defensivness on your part and really adds nothing to the debate.

    They aren't even ORIGINAL insults and derogatory remarks...lol
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  6. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Responding to wgholtrad's post, AIL profiting from agent turnover was one of the last topics we were posting on the thread that's disappeared. Anyway, I tried explaining that to another user and he/she wouldn't have it.
    Last edited by formeraillouisianaagent; 02-08-2012 at 06:32 PM.

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Quote Originally Posted by factfinder25 View Post
    Looks like all those nights up until 4 am in your mothers basement doing your best to stop AIL was just a huge waste of time. Most of us already knew that, but now theres no denying it. Maybe if you work really hard you can waste the next five years of your life telling stories about how the CEO of American income said something unethical to you in 2003.

    Why are you even on this site? Won't your bloodsucker bosses be angry with you for even visiting this site? If AIL means so much to you and you are so faithful, you shouldn't even be reading anything about it being a scam. Do you enjoy lying to poor desperate people looking for jobs? Do you enjoy being lied to as well?

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Location Location!
    Posts
    766

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    That deleted thread had 59 pages and hundreds of posts as of Feb 2012.



    .
    Last edited by walksthedogs; 03-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    "Wag more, bark less."
    .

  9. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Everything seems to be spot on. Many people quit where I worked because they didn't like misleading people by throwing in a spill about selling life insurance when all they wanted were child safe kits or no cost benefits. The dropout rate of 95-98 percent is spot on also even though our rga would tell us otherwise. THen they take all your money in the pipeline when you leave. I never have the heart to recruit anymore seeing this ugly system in action. The people I hired wouldvalways comment on the high turnover till they themselves quit. Why did they quit? Cause no one could make the exaggerated appointments and money they claimed and the crooked managers would profit from them when they quit.

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Quote Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
    Everything seems to be spot on. Many people quit where I worked because they didn't like misleading people by throwing in a spill about selling life insurance when all they wanted were child safe kits or no cost benefits. The dropout rate of 95-98 percent is spot on also even though our rga would tell us otherwise. THen they take all your money in the pipeline when you leave. I never have the heart to recruit anymore seeing this ugly system in action. The people I hired wouldvalways comment on the high turnover till they themselves quit. Why did they quit? Cause no one could make the exaggerated appointments and money they claimed and the crooked managers would profit from them when they quit.
    AIL is set up to acquire policyholders at the lowest cost possible. They do this by duping people into working insanely long hours with extravagant claims of 6 fiqire incomes and lifetime renewal so you can retire in 10years.
    Once the agents come on board, basically pay the recruiting and training costs out of their own pocket, most quickly realize they will not make even close to the amounts claimed and quit within a few months.
    AIL then keeps the renewals on policies sold, claws back commission paid on the cancelled policies, and looks for more suckers to replace the last batch.
    AIL has an over 95 % annual turnover rate for agents and has been that way for decades. This is this deliberate and is the business model they use to keep policy acquisition cost low.
    Of course they try to disguise this fact and are always talking about bonuses, renewals etc as a a carrot to keep the new agents around for a while.
    This is not an ethical way to treat agents and the more people who know about this the better!

  11. #27

    Re: Calling All Disgruntled Altig Employees

    American income depend upon insurance sector. Our country people insurance policy take it. they are a business, health, car insurance firstly. Govt. promises it can help you bad time..

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Re: Calling All Disgruntled Altig Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by hrmbusiness View Post
    American income depend upon insurance sector. Our country people insurance policy take it. they are a business, health, car insurance firstly. Govt. promises it can help you bad time..
    What? Are you high? What does that even mean? You must be one of AIL's top ranking managers.

  13. 07-25-2012, 02:13 AM

    Reason
    redundant

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimonial

    Quote Originally Posted by morristurner View Post
    It's about time that American Income is known to the public for what they really are - scam artists. And they have "American" in their name which makes it even more pathetic.

    If you don't know who Simon Arias is you should know he is the State General Agent for the Pittsburgh Area - he is the King of the territory.

    If you want to see a photo of him, then type his name in to google, on the toolbar select IMAGES, then look at the 4th picture in.

    Yes, that's right. That's him and all of the other managers at AIL giving you the finger. Tommy Vena (2nd in charge) is there, Chris Williams (company trainer), Justin Adams (also a tie for second in charge).

    Now, could you imagine Bill and Melinda Gates and all the folks at Microsoft dressing up, and posing for a photo like this?
    What about Warren Buffet? The Clintons, or Reagans? These people running AIL have no integrity.

    I just want to touch on one of the MANY scams that you will encounter as an agent, and as a prospect. The Freedom of Choice gimmick. The agents are trained to tell you, "On your families worst day you take this certificate to the funeral home and just have the funeral director call the 800 number and all checks and moneys at distributed accordingly. Why is that good, Mr. Prospect? Because if one were to go in there and advertise that $30,000 - how much do you think the funeral director is going to charge your family? More or less? More! Right! So, wouldn't you like to be celebrating your loved one's life rather than dealing the all of the financial issues involved with death? If you're anything like me, of course you would!"

    The truth: Freedom of Choice "Certificate" is just a piece of paper. You could walk in there without it, negotiate the best price, then give them a scrap of paper with the 800 number written on it and that would suffice. Oh, and the company makes the Freedom of Choice Certificate look official by having the agent SIGN IT. hahaha it's not a legal document! What a facade. But there is an even more sinister lie: notice the agent will tell you that you walk in, hand them the freedom of choice after negotiating the best price and walk out? Uhm, well, what about proof of death documents? Those still need to handled. So there is just as much paperwork as with any other company.

    I challenge someone from American Income on here to go on record, first name and last, and tell everyone that the Freedom of Choice is nothing more than a marking ploy. Tell us why one could NOT go in the funeral home without one accomplish the same thing. You can't.

    BTW, American Income hates this message board. The truth hurts (their bottom line). They have a dedicated team of people (interns) post "good" experiences on here so sway the balance in the other direction.

    Good times.

    -Morris Turner (former AIL agent)
    http://arias-agencies.pissedconsumer...203170005.html

    Here is my opinion on this now infamous "middle finger" pic....

    I would advise the original blog poster and those who are offended by this to put down their egos for a moment. Who are you to think that those fingers are for you? Why are you that important? And to say they are intended for clients or prospective/future co-workers is ridiculous. Fact is, you can't take a pic out of context and assume its purpose or intent when you have no idea why that pic was taken or who it was intended for.

    Here is who I would imagine those fingers are for:

    All the people that those guys in the pic came across in their earlier lives/careers that told them they couldn't do it, that they would never be successful, that they would never be good enough. It's for their past coaches who cut them from the team because they would never have what it takes. It's for their ex-friends and ex-girlfriends, old co-workers, perhaps even family members who laughed at them when they shared that they wanted to try out one of the hardest, most challenging and cut-throat industries on the planet. It's for their former bosses who trashed and belittled them when they put in their notice because they actually wanted to take a chance/risk at making something of themselves.

    That pic should be a lesson in motivation to every single person who sees it.

    Do you want to motivate me? Tell me I can't do something. Please. Do it. You better believe I'm gonna work exponentially harder just to prove you wrong.

    And when I reach that goal, you better be damned sure that finger's gonna be for you.
    Last edited by zepphead; 07-25-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: better link for convenience sake!!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimonial

    Quote Originally Posted by zepphead View Post
    http://arias-agencies.pissedconsumer...203170005.html

    Here is my opinion on this now infamous "middle finger" pic....

    I would advise the original blog poster and those who are offended by this to put down their egos for a moment. Who are you to think that those fingers are for you? Why are you that important? And to say they are intended for clients or prospective/future co-workers is ridiculous. Fact is, you can't take a pic out of context and assume its purpose or intent when you have no idea why that pic was taken or who it was intended for.

    Here is who I would imagine those fingers are for:

    All the people that those guys in the pic came across in their earlier lives/careers that told them they couldn't do it, that they would never be successful, that they would never be good enough. It's for their past coaches who cut them from the team because they would never have what it takes. It's for their ex-friends and ex-girlfriends, old co-workers, perhaps even family members who laughed at them when they shared that they wanted to try out one of the hardest, most challenging and cut-throat industries on the planet. It's for their former bosses who trashed and belittled them when they put in their notice because they actually wanted to take a chance/risk at making something of themselves.

    That pic should be a lesson in motivation to every single person who sees it.

    Do you want to motivate me? Tell me I can't do something. Please. Do it. You better believe I'm gonna work exponentially harder just to prove you wrong.

    And when I reach that goal, you better be damned sure that finger's gonna be for you.
    Wow, not only are you defending the guys in the picture on one thread, you are now doing it on two.......and yet you claim no affiliation with AIL and only limited knowledge...I call bulls##t!

  16. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimonial

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerick View Post
    Wow, not only are you defending the guys in the picture on one thread, you are now doing it on two.......and yet you claim no affiliation with AIL and only limited knowledge...I call bulls##t!
    Probably one of the a-holes in the pic defending himself. I bet his mother is really proud. She can call up all her friends and say, "Look at this link. That's my son the crook showing his self-respect and dignity for all the world to see! Don't you want to let him in your home and buy insurance from him? He looks SO honest?"

  17. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerick View Post
    AIL is set up to acquire policyholders at the lowest cost possible. They do this by duping people into working insanely long hours with extravagant claims of 6 fiqire incomes and lifetime renewal so you can retire in 10years.
    Once the agents come on board, basically pay the recruiting and training costs out of their own pocket, most quickly realize they will not make even close to the amounts claimed and quit within a few months.
    AIL then keeps the renewals on policies sold, claws back commission paid on the cancelled policies, and looks for more suckers to replace the last batch.
    AIL has an over 95 % annual turnover rate for agents and has been that way for decades. This is this deliberate and is the business model they use to keep policy acquisition cost low.
    Of course they try to disguise this fact and are always talking about bonuses, renewals etc as a a carrot to keep the new agents around for a while.
    This is not an ethical way to treat agents and the more people who know about this the better!
    I agree, I worked there for 3 years and can tell you that the SGA's make more money when there is high agent turnover because they push most of the training costs down to the MGA level and when agents leave, the SGA retains the ongoing commission long after the agent has left!

Similar Threads

  1. AIL (American Income) PA
    By rzimgd in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-21-2016, 12:10 PM
  2. American Income Life is Not a Scam
    By baseball_fan in forum Insurance Scams
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 04-12-2016, 04:34 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 03:00 AM
  4. American Income Life Little Rock/Maumelle, AR
    By tyger in forum Corporate Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
  5. United American Insurance
    By jvburling in forum Insurance Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •