+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Random Freebie Q&A - ASK HERE!

This thread is for all random questions related to all freebie websites. PLEASE ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE, WE WILL TRY TO ANSWER TO THE BEST OF OUR "FREEBIE KNOWLEDGE"

Everyday I read newbies opening lots of new threads for a question, I hope this help to clear the clutter. Let's try to make it work.
    Last edited by IWantMyMTV; 07-25-2006 at 12:10 AM.

Re: Random Freebie Q&A - ASK HERE!

Thanks for opening this window. My question is about pre-paid gift cards, can anyone tell me if any gift card will work in these free gift websites?

And how do I contact the online business system? They charged me and I never received anything.

Thanxs

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Thanks for opening this window. My question is about pre-paid gift cards, can anyone tell me if any gift card will work in these free gift websites?

And how do I contact the online business system? They charged me and I never received anything.

Thanxs
    You can use them most of the time, but some companies will not allow it...

OBS will ship you a package.....there will be a number with that package.

Two newb questions:
    1. I made a dumb mistake and signed up for my first NT site with my maiden name, all other info correct. Now, when it comes time to get my items notarized to send in, how am I going to do that? I have my old ss card before marriage, a discover card in my maiden name (recent card). I'm not sure the people at the bank will notarize for me, since my legal name is my married name. I KNOW my husband and notary won't do it :rolleyes: Any suggestions?

2. Now that I already did one NT site under my maiden name, can I now switch to my legal married name and do other NT sites? Will I get dq's because of the same address but different name? Can I tell them I just got married, and now using my married name? That is true (although I have been married for awhile now!)

thanks for any help, I hope I haven't screwed up any futures chances I might have for the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

Thanxs
    If they charged you and you did not receive the package, dispute the charge...it may be a little more difficult if you used a gift/pre-paid visa card.

hi,

my brother sign up with computer-offer.com so can i sign with another nuitech site with my email address? we both live at the same address. thank you!!!

Can't do that, NT is one offer per household per site. There are many other NT sites though that you could do.

Do you get a lot of physical junk mail (snail mail) after doing freebies? I want to do one of these sites but they sell information to third parties. I don't mean email spam, I mean physical in-your-mailbox junk mail. :)

Would it be possible to use a forwarding address with a DIY site to avoid the junk mail, or would that not work because of the tax form (does the tax form require a valid residential address?)? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by luumon
    hi,

my brother sign up with computer-offer.com so can i sign with another nuitech site with my email address? we both live at the same address. thank you!!!
    Yes you can sign up with other NT site with a different email address and same home address.

Quote Originally Posted by Imerson
    Do you get a lot of physical junk mail (snail mail) after doing freebies? I want to do one of these sites but they sell information to third parties. I don't mean email spam, I mean physical in-your-mailbox junk mail. :)

Would it be possible to use a forwarding address with a DIY site to avoid the junk mail, or would that not work because of the tax form (does the tax form require a valid residential address?)? Thanks in advance!
    Not a lot! most of the solicitations comes thru email. Maybe 10% physical and 90% email. Regarding the forwarding address, I guess is ok, but nothing to worry about since most junk is electronic.

Quote Originally Posted by KiminNY
    Two newb questions:
    1. I made a dumb mistake and signed up for my first NT site with my maiden name, all other info correct. Now, when it comes time to get my items notarized to send in, how am I going to do that? I have my old ss card before marriage, a discover card in my maiden name (recent card). I'm not sure the people at the bank will notarize for me, since my legal name is my married name. I KNOW my husband and notary won't do it :rolleyes: Any suggestions?

2. Now that I already did one NT site under my maiden name, can I now switch to my legal married name and do other NT sites? Will I get dq's because of the same address but different name? Can I tell them I just got married, and now using my married name? That is true (although I have been married for awhile now!)

thanks for any help, I hope I haven't screwed up any futures chances I might have for the good stuff!
    Kim,

Find a notary, bring all your id's (old and new) and tell them about your name, I don't see why not.

For your second Q, I'll say wait 'til you get yout first gift and then go for the 2nd with your latest name, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantMyMTV
    Yes you can sign up with other NT site with a different email address and same home address.
    That is true, but the key here, as I quoted in my response is DIFFERENT NT site. for example, you both can't do computer-offer with the same home adddress, but different email addresses. One of you could do computer -offer while the other does traveller-offer.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantMyMTV
    Kim,

Find a notary, bring all your id's (old and new) and tell them about your name, I don't see why not.

Well that's what I wanted to hear, but my husband, being both the lawyer and the notary says it's a no go. I'll try it, especially after doing all the offers.

For your second Q, I'll say wait 'til you get yout first gift and then go for the 2nd with your latest name, you'll be fine.
    thanks for the help

That is true, but the key here, as I quoted in my response is DIFFERENT NT site. for example, you both can't do computer-offer with the same home adddress, but different email addresses. One of you could do computer -offer while the other does traveller-offer.
    I must disagree Kim, but is better not to be greedy, there is a small chance to get in trouble for that.
    Last edited by IWantMyMTV; 07-25-2006 at 06:25 AM.

Actually, MTV is right. You can both do computer-offer. Just ask an NT rep.

Newb here - It seems that to claim some of the larger gifts, a W-9 form is required, on which you must provide your social security number. Don't know if this can be answered or not, but how secure is sending this to a company like NiuTech? Have there ever been problems with this in the past? I'd hate to complete all of the offers just to be stuck at a crossroads at the end, deciding whether or not to jeopardize my SSN. Thanks in advance.