+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Count me out.

Count me out.

In the Jerusalem Post recently: "The Yesha Rabbinical Council blamed the attack on the north on Wednesday morning on a 'weakening of our grip on the land of Israel.' The rabbis saw the attack as a 'direct continuation of relinquishing [territory] and weakness.' The Rabbinical Council called on the IDF to ignore Christian morals and 'exterminate the enemy in the north and the south.'"

Now I wonder what all these so-called "Christians" think of radical Israeli terrorist leaders like the Rabbinical Council telling it's followers to "ignore Christian morals" and and ethnically cleanse Lebanon and Gaza.

This is one of the most repugnant acts of mass terror in recent history. Over 500,000 Lebanese civilians have been displaced by Israeli bombing, and well over 300 killed. You stand by Israel if you want, Bushpigs, most others are standing by the innocent civilians of South Beirut. They're standing by the parents of all the Lebanese and Palestinian kids blown up or incinerated to make the world safe for the most hatefull and offensive terrorist nation on Earth.... Israel.

I will not stand behind a racist pseudo-democracy that doles out rights according to people's ethnic and religious background, punishing them for not being Jewish. This American refuses to stand by a belligerent expansionist state that has occupied the land of every single one of its neighbors and defied fives times as many UN resolutions as Saddam Hussein. Terror by any other name is still terror. The only difference is Israel has tanks, rockets, nuclear warheads, two billion dollars in annual military and other aid from the American taxpayer, and the Bush Administration's political coverage at the United Nations. If you think being American means supporting a bunch of fundamentalist whackos who believe God plays real-estate agent, then count me out.

Re: Count me out.

Well stated. I agree.

It is time to draw the line in the sand and choose sides. For those who want to stick their head in the sand now, it will be even harder to take a stand later.

Israeli schoolgirls signing bombs to be dropped on Lebanon with messages like, "With Love, From Israel." George Bush has equated Israeli values with American ones. Have our American values sunk so low under this Administration as to have our children taught how to hate with such enthusiasm? I sure as hell don't want my wagon hitched to that project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    Well stated. I agree.

It is time to draw the line in the sand and choose sides. For those who want to stick their head in the sand now, it will be even harder to take a stand later.

I don't agree with everything Israel is doing right now, and I hate that the Lebanese have to go through this **** all over again. I do not, however, think that looking at this as a "choose a side" issue (i.e. for or against Israel) is the most diplomatically constructive way to move forward, especially in light of the fact that much of the Arab world has actually condemned Hezbollah's actions (pretty much unprecedented) out of their fear of Iran's growing influence.

I saw Thomas Friedman (Pulitzer Prize winning author of From Beirut to Jerusalem) interviewed the other night by Tim Russert, and he made some interesting points. One of his main assertions was that the Bush administration needs to try and separate Syria from Iran. He made a very strong case that Syria is the key factor in this conflict. He qualified this remark by saying that the Bush administration isn't very good at diplomacy. "These guys are really good at breaking things," he said of the White House. "If you need something broken, these are your guys. I'm not sure they're so good at building something up."

I see a lot of discussion in here about where to lay the blame, whose tactics are more brutal, and how many civilians are killed by either side. I see a lot less discussion about what we think should be done about it. (Other than to kill all the Jews.) Does anyone have anything practical to add?
    Last edited by yossarian; 07-24-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Honestly, that is pretty sick of Israel to let little girls sign missles. It definitely says a lot about their mentality of raising their kids, and it's a shame to not be able to hope for peace when the next generation is being raised like this.

As a Christian, I do believe in God's relationship with Abraham, and in the chosen people. There was a time in the Bible when God was with the Israelites. During the day, they would be led by a pillar of smoke, and at night by a pillar of fire. There were a great number of miracles present to prove that God was with them.

But there are many times where God explicitly says in the Bible that God is not with them. God gets angry at the Israelites and uses other nations to punish them. And I think that what Israel has been doing since 1945 seems pretty much Godless. This is not how Israel formed the last time, and to try and re-form it without God is just going to anger him.

From reading the Bible, I can tell you that God waits for you to finish sinning, and just when you think you were going to get away with it, his powerful hand is upon you. So you may not get punished right away. God is willing to sit back and watch for hundreds of years before stepping in.

Like Hitler or Caesar, you can stand strong for awhile, raising your arms in the air in triumph, thinking you did it all on your own. It only lasts awhile, and then the punishment for wrongdoing is far more than anyone can bear.

Those girls, writing on those missiles - I don't envy where they're heading.

We have been through this a dozen times. Israel uses force somehow expecting that the Palestinians or Lebanese or Syrians, or Jordanians (etc, etc, etc) will hate them less? Oh yeah, I forgot, its all about "respect".

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to give the Palestinians a decent life: jobs, good housing, air conditioning and cable TV? Why not drop refridgerators instead of bombs?

Your kitchen is much safer if your neighbor isn't starving.

From reading the Bible, I can tell you that God waits for you to finish sinning, and just when you think you were going to get away with it, his powerful hand is upon you. So you may not get punished right away. God is willing to sit back and watch for hundreds of years before stepping in.

Like Hitler or Caesar, you can stand strong for awhile, raising your arms in the air in triumph, thinking you did it all on your own. It only lasts awhile, and then the punishment for wrongdoing is far more than anyone can bear.

If you're right, I dread the day when America will have to take its licks from the holy paddle. Maybe I should move to Switzerland. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    As a Christian, I do believe in God's relationship with Abraham, and in the chosen people. There was a time in the Bible when God was with the Israelites. During the day, they would be led by a pillar of smoke, and at night by a pillar of fire. There were a great number of miracles present to prove that God was with them. But there are many times where God explicitly says in the Bible that God is not with them. God gets angry at the Israelites and uses other nations to punish them. And I think that what Israel has been doing since 1945 seems pretty much Godless. This is not how Israel formed the last time, and to try and re-form it without God is just going to anger him.
    Why in hell does every "Political" thread in this forum seem to degenerate into some Bible Fairy Tale crap? You might as well quote the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, they're fictitious too. Please take your bible and thump it in the Religious or the Fairy Tale Forum, where it belongs.

OK, I'll indulge your hi-jack just this once.....
    Fact based archaeology backs the claims to the ancestors of the Palestinians ("Canaanites" in general and "Philistines" in particular) were in the land before the Hebrews arrived. The part of the pretend history in "Holy Scripture" known as "the Exodus" describes an invasion of the land by the Hebrews (see Book of Joshua, which you have never bothered to read) and a defeat of various groups of Canaanites who were already there. . . . yup, even the "Holy Fairy Tale" can't "get around" that one!

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    Now I wonder what all these so-called "Christians" think of radical Israeli terrorist leaders like the Rabbinical Council telling it's followers to "ignore Christian morals" and and ethnically cleanse Lebanon and Gaza.
    Couple of things wrong with your statement there UN.

First, the Yesha Rabbinical Council is not a terrorist organization. The are a religious council formed by Rabbi's and did not order it's followers to do anything. The voiced their opinion on how to deal with a part of the current conflict.

Next, you are just another racist liar UserName. The YRC did NOT call for the IDF to "ethnically cleanse Lebanon and Gaza." and you know it. They called for the IDF to "exterminate the enemy in the north and the south". The "Enemy" are the soldiers fighting, not the civillian population.

As long as they are not targeting innocent people (like Hamas and Hezballa does) it is up to them how to fight this war.

Based on your lying and distorting the article you posted, you obviously hate Jew's. So why don't just admit it and move on instead of making up BS all the time?

Why in hell does every "Political" thread in this forum seem to degenerate into some Bible Fairy Tale crap? You might as well quote the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, they're fictitious too. Please take your bible and thump it in the Religious or the Fairy Tale Forum, where it belongs.
    Ouch. That was kind of harsh. I think religion, an issue at the very center of this conflict, is actually relevant here. He qualified his remarks with "As a Christian, I do believe..." rather than stating it as historical fact. Let him speak. You act like he kicked your puppy.

11. 07-24-2006, 11:11 PM

OK, I'll indulge your hi-jack just this once.....
    Fact based archaeology backs the claims to the ancestors of the Palestinians ("Canaanites" in general and "Philistines" in particular) were in the land before the Hebrews arrived. The part of the pretend history in "Holy Scripture" known as "the Exodus" describes an invasion of the land by the Hebrews (see Book of Joshua, which you have never bothered to read) and a defeat of various groups of Canaanites who were already there. . . . yup, even the "Holy Fairy Tale" can't "get around" that one!

Israel is not a legitimate country. They have abrogated their so called "right" to exist long ago when they continually flouted (with reliable US coverage) the scores of Security Council Resolutions issued against them by the same organization that spawned the evil regime in the first place: The UN.

Israel is nothing more than a virulent disease, a petulant virus, a racist criminal cult consisting of 5 million mad dogs.

On the "Day Of Judgment" these so called "Christians" are gonna have "alot of splanin to do."

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Israel is nothing more than a virulent disease, a petulant virus, a racist criminal cult consisting of 5 million mad rabid dogs.
    You are too kind, dc. "Murderous" mad rabid dogs seems more appropriate. :)

David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister:

"If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel.

It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ?

They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?"
    Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.

Ariel Sharon:
    "Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
    - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

I find it repulsive that this fat Zionist pig thinks he "controls" America. Hopefully his corpulent greasy carcass will soon be rotting in that bloodsoaked Zionist dirt and we can all forget he ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Couple of things wrong with your statement there UN.

First, the Yesha Rabbinical Council is not a terrorist organization. The are a religious council formed by Rabbi's and did not order it's followers to do anything. The voiced their opinion on how to deal with a part of the current conflict.
    Get a grip. Grim. It's retards like you that cause all this conflict. You support obvious racism and hate as long as it's a Zionist that says it, but condemn an Arab who says the exact same thing. YOU are the cause of all this tension.
    You are the racist Grim, and you're too stupid to see it.

UserName, you are a LIAR!!!!!

YRC = Religious organization comprized of Rabbi's

UserNames description = radical Israeli terrorist group

YRC's Advice = exterminate the enemy in the north and the south.

UserNames version of statement = ethnically cleanse Lebanon and Gaza

YRC message directed to = the IDF

UserNames version of who it was directed to = YRC's followers

UserName, you are nothing but a pathetic LIAR!

here is the Israeli explanation for the notes on bombs by zionist pig girls ... the photographers put them up to it ...

sniff sniff .. i smell Isreali pig sh!t in the air ...

Ok, in regards to those pictures again, this is what happened:

I sent the link to Lisa immedietly, asking for some sort of explanation on how this could've happened. Lisa, outraged, decided to find the Photographer and ask him herself what happend. After she got the story, she confirmed it again with another Journalist who was there. The following are her words, copied and pasted from a Gmail chat. Make your own conclusions:

Lisa: okay

got the whole story

i have to write about it, but it will be very difficult

it is not at all what it looks like

not at all

you wanna hear?

Sent at

3:33 PM on Tuesday

me: say

Lisa: okay

it's a long story

me: short
    and sweet version

Lisa: kids were in
    bomb shelters for days. city is a ghost town.

only poor people stayed

a new army unit arrived, kids were bored, went out with
    parents to look

there were TWELVE photographers there

and they egged the kids on

the kids are low class, not educated, have never met a
    Lebanese, just want to live their lives, don't understand why Lebanon
    attacked their home, etc.

the photographers told them "hey, your cousins in america
    will see you!"

mostly foreign photographers

so the kids, who were bored and restless and had been cooped
    up in bomb shelters for 5 days, took the felt markers and drew messages to
    nasrallah

there were no cries of hatred toward lebanese

and a big problem is that the israeli tv does not show dead
    lebanese. it shows destroyed buildings, but not dead bodies. so no one has a
    face of the dead in their minds. too aware of our own suffering, etc.

make sense?

LOL... Grim, you can make that text as large as you like.... it still won't be true. :D

Israel has always had a hidden agenda.... from day 1.

At the beginning of the 1948 war, Ben-Gurion stated:

'The Muslims rule of Lebanon is artificial and easily undermined. A Christian state ought to be set up whose southern borders would be Litani River. Then we'll form an alliance with it." In the coming years he repeated this idea, and according to Moshe Sharett, Moshe Dayan (who was Israeli's chief of staff in the early 1950s) responded favorably to this idea and who according to Sharett said: "In his [Dayan] view, all we need to do is to find a Christian Lebanese officer, perhaps no higher than a captain, and win him over or buy him with money, so that he would declare himself the savior of Maronite population. Then the Israel army would enter Lebanon, occupy the territory in question and establish a Christian government which would form an alliance with Israel."

Later he stated...
    "[I am] satisfied with part of the country, but on the basis of the assumption that after we build up a strong force following the establishment of the state--we will abolish the partition of the country and we will expand to the whole Land of Israel." (Expulsion Of The Palestinians, p. 107, One Palestine Complete, p. 403)

Similarly, he also stated to his son Amos in October 1937 that a "Jewish state" in part of Palestine was:

"not the end, but only the beginning." Its establishment would give a "powerful boost to our historic efforts to redeem the country in its entirety." For the "Jewish state" would have "outstanding army-- I have no doubt that our army will be among the world's outstanding--and so I am certain that we won't be constrained from settling in the rest of the country, either by mutual agreement and understanding with our Arab neighbors, or by some other way. . . . . I still believe . . . . that after we become numerous and strong, the Arabs will understand that it is best for them to strike an alliance with us, and to benefit from our help, providing they allow us by their good will to settle in all parts of Palestine." (Shabtai Teveth, p. 188)

Grim, you are such a putz. You jump in before you even have a clue what you're talking about. Israeli terrorists don't want peace, they want more land, and they don't care how many deaths it takes to get it.