+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The key in mlm is their product's price & Value

I am going to share to all of you what I learn about all the MLM businesses I was in the past 5 years or so. Maybe you will agree or not.

Right now, most mlm business are not working for people; due to they are not selling that mlm business product.

I am not going to say I failed in all the mlm business I been in. Also I am not going to say that I quit on mlm businesses. But at this point, I am not in a mlm business.

I personally feel that distributors (us) and owners of the mlm businesses should be more focus on the PRODUCT, than the compensation plan (Business)!

I say this, due to your compensation plan will not do you a darn thing unless you sell the product first!

Now there are a LOT of things that has to take part in order for you to sell that mlm business product. I will just say the main things that I personally found that I feel made it hard for most of us to sell mlm businesses products. That is their products price, value and competition.

Most of the mlm businesses out there jack up the price of their products to make them more money and to show off how much you can make if you join their business. Keep in mind, you have to sell that product first in order for you to make that nice income they are showing you in their compensation plan setup.

I say bring the price down of the product by having the price of their product as close as they can to that products competition from people's local stores. So what if we make less money from ONE sell. You will now have more sells, that in returns adds up to make you more money.

Untill a mlm business owner comes out with a product that is very close in price to our local stores and is a product like toothpaste that most of need each month (Value), then maybe I will then join a mlm business again.

In closing, stop looking for other network marketers to join your business with you. Most of these network marketers will already be in a business and they will then try to get you to join their business.

It is about having a PRODUCT that people can afford and that they have use for (Value). Then people will buy the product to have that mlm business income structure to work for you and your downline (team)
    Tony Johnson
    As of 2-19-12, I am not a rep in a mlm business. I am looking for people who would be willing to come TOGETHER to find a mlm product that is worth using TOGETHER at the right price.

Re: The key in mlm is their product's price & Valu

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Beinig competetive has a value...being low priced or cheap does not.

Our products are expensive to some, and quite reasonable to those that receive the results they are lookng for.

Our sales have gone up year after year for 11 years...

With significant growth during the past three years during our recession in the US.

Price is not key, value is, and customers, having lots of customers that are not distributors, but simply buying the products.

my opinon.

This is true, otherwise everyone would be shopping in pound/dollar shops and we know that everyone doesn't.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    This is true, otherwise everyone would be shopping in pound/dollar shops and we know that everyone doesn't.
    True, but my issue is that when an MLM makes a product, it could have been produced cheaper by conventional means due to the process of reintermediation (adding middlemen who are entitled to payment). MLM ought to be able to offer these products at the competition's cost or lower since they aren't paying salaries, benefits, insurance, etc. But, in MLM the compaplans go up to 40% or higher just to attract the distributors to their company rather than others. Ohein posted a Len ******** article a few days ago that illustrates this. Instead of making their money in volume, the MLM chooses to offer more generous comp plans at the expense of the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    True, but my issue is that when an MLM makes a product, it could have been produced cheaper by conventional means due to the process of reintermediation (adding middlemen who are entitled to payment). MLM ought to be able to offer these products at the competition's cost or lower since they aren't paying salaries, benefits, insurance, etc. But, in MLM the compaplans go up to 40% or higher just to attract the distributors to their company rather than others. Ohein posted a Len ******** article a few days ago that illustrates this. Instead of making their money in volume, the MLM chooses to offer more generous comp plans at the expense of the consumer.
    Some comp plans are indeed ''too generous'' and the money has to come from somewhere, obviously from the product price, but not all companies do this. The company I'm with has quite a low total payout compared with some that have a total payout of 60 or 70%. I see this as an advantage because the products are very retailable. If the comp plan was too generous, the prices of the products would have to go up.
    I don't agree that MLM products should have to be cheaper than similar shop bought products though. For a start, many are of higher quality, so deserve to be higher price and many people are happy to pay higher prices through direct selling as they are having their products delivered to their home and are happy to pay the extra for that.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

You are absolutely right on about most MLM products being over priced and why people drop them when times get tough or they realize they are paying way to much for products! How about this for a refreshing change! Save money replacing products you already buy, but eliminate toxins and they work better!

How about showing me another company that does this? Wonder why we have such a high customer retention & reorder rate? Want to see why Melaleuca customers keep ordering> http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStor...x?Page=Compare

I rest my case!
    Those who would like to know what I do full time, email me direct for a link> scubapro48@gmail.com I am not here to advertise my business. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    I don't agree that MLM products should have to be cheaper than similar shop bought products though. For a start, many are of higher quality, so deserve to be higher price and many people are happy to pay higher prices through direct selling as they are having their products delivered to their home and are happy to pay the extra for that.
    That's exactly what my Quixtar upline told me, practically verbatim. It sounded sexy at the presentation, but it failed miserably in practice. My potential customers wanted to know why they should pay more for similar products. My downline prospects wanted to know how they were supposed to sell items that were more expensive than can be found in the stores.

The "convenience" rationale is flawed. If the product can be found in a supermarket or Wal-Mart, the customer is just going to pick it up there. The elderly may not be able to get out, but supermarkets now do home deliveries for the incapacitated. There's a better market for health foods/vitamins, but you had better be cheaper than the leading brands at least.

And that's the thing, most people aren't going to pay more than the leading, popular brand for a company's product they've never heard of. This is why you (the company) needs to offer their products at a discount to the compeition to hook in customers, then they can charge this premium. You can't just offer expensive products by a company that no one's heard of, and say that it has value, and that you're paying for the convenience of delivery. You'll get a much better following by operating at cost, or even taking a small hit (the company) to get market share through lower prices.

That's exactly what my Quixtar upline told me, practically verbatim. It sounded sexy at the presentation, but it failed miserably in practice. My potential customers wanted to know why they should pay more for similar products. My downline prospects wanted to know how they were supposed to sell items that were more expensive than can be found in the stores.

The "convenience" rationale is flawed. If the product can be found in a supermarket or Wal-Mart, the customer is just going to pick it up there. The elderly may not be able to get out, but supermarkets now do home deliveries for the incapacitated. There's a better market for health foods/vitamins, but you had better be cheaper than the leading brands at least.

And that's the thing, most people aren't going to pay more than the leading, popular brand for a company's product they've never heard of. This is why you (the company) needs to offer their products at a discount to the compeition to hook in customers, then they can charge this premium. You can't just offer expensive products by a company that no one's heard of, and say that it has value, and that you're paying for the convenience of delivery. You'll get a much better following by operating at cost, or even taking a small hit (the company) to get market share through lower prices.

You are guessing again. I am speaking from experience. That's the difference.

No, the money I lost with Quixtar was very much real. My time didn't run into years, and my loss wasn't in the thousands or tens of thousands because I identified that company and concept as a flawed model. Anyone I've spoken to that has been involved with an MLM have related similar concerns and experiences to mine. Besides former peers in Quixtar, and a relative in TrekAlliance, there are several members in my FD that are, or should I say were with 5linx and Teambeachbody.

My views are from personal experience as well as from sharing experiences with others that have done MLM.

No, the money I lost with Quixtar was very much real. My time didn't run into years, and my loss wasn't in the thousands or tens of thousands because I identified that company and concept as a flawed model. Anyone I've spoken to that has been involved with an MLM have related similar concerns and experiences to mine. Besides former peers in Quixtar, and a relative in TrekAlliance, there are several members in my FD that are, or should I say were with 5linx and Teambeachbody.

My views are from personal experience as well as from sharing experiences with others that have done MLM.

And what did you do in Quixtar? Share your experiences of what you did day to day.

The poster of this thread is right.
    Of course "most"
    MLM products are more expensive!

I am a Network Marketer and I admit it.

You can't miss this fact when comparing prices of mlm products with prices of store bought products.

MLM companies have to pay all those commissions, bonuses, trips, awards etc... hence higher prices.

Price is not key, value is,
    That was true a few years ago before the economy tanked.
    Not so now.
    Times have changed.
    Price very much indeed matters to most people.
    Example,
    If at first glance they see a tube of toothpaste for $15.00 they are going to run the other way period.

Lets be real.

Beinig competetive has a value...being low priced or cheap, does not.
    I am all for being competitive but just because a MLM product is low priced (lower priced than in most mlm companies) does not mean it is a cheap, worthless product that does not work.

The company I am building now has extremely competitive priced products, even cheaper than many store bought products similar lines and they produce incredible results.
    The company is exploding in over 35 Countries because:
    1. The products are priced for the REAL WORLD not just mlmers and,
    2. Easy to RETAIL (earn fast retail profits without having to recruit)
    Paid daily too.

Yes value matters but so does price is this unstable economy.

The days of $150.00 autoships for overpriced, watered down fruit juices is over. (just one example)

P.S.

Dollar stores all across North America are doing massive business, more than ever so don't try and tell me that price does not matter.

Even people with money are shopping at dollar stores to save a bit of cash, cut a few corners to help KEEP what they already have!

Placing emphasis on the MLM product/service should always come first. But we all know it seldom does. It seems that reps are more than willing to pay for overpriced products themselves, because they know that is what is required to be successful in the business. However, CUSTOMERS are not willing to be overcharged. That is why many MLM reps sign up but are not able to generate enough customers and monthly billing volume. Nobody wants to buy their expensive garbage.

If an MLM put it's focus on a really attractive products and priced it just right, then maybe you could base a decent Direct Selling business around that. The problem is that this is not what MLMs do, therefore all we see are scams and overpriced (garbage) products.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Most of what is sold at a dollar store is not worth a dollar.
    What a thoughtful and intelligent reply.

But the bottle of juice that costs $1 at the dollar store compared to a similiar bottle of juice sold in your pyramid scheme for $10...

You gotta pay the measley autoship commisssions downline somehow to keep them hooked on the dream. No pay, no play.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Most of what is sold at a dollar store is not worth a dollar.
    This is irrelevant to the discussion.

Also, that doesn't change the fact that dollar stores are busier than ever.

I know of some overpriced snake oil products in MLM that ain't worth the hefty price tag either.

Far from it and more than a few companies have been outright
    caught in lies and deception regarding their products after clinical tests proved otherwise and later fined.
    Its happening right now with Waiora.

As for the dollar store it has its place.

I buy plates and mugs and stuff like that at the dollar store.

WHY should I pay $8.00 for a mug?

Its only a friggen mug.

They last forever.

I LOVE the dollar stores for stuff like that!

But skin care and hair care is another story.
    I pay good $ for that.

Dollar stores have value if you go there specifically to save money on items you'd be paying more for elsewhere. However, I know that from personal experience I don't do this. I might stop in the dollar store on a whim and browse through their products and pick up something if it strikes me, but I don't go there as a way to save money.

Also, their stuff is so cheap and crappy, it's almost not even worth the dollar. But sometimes you can luck out and find a good deal.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Here in the UK pound shops sell products they have bought as bankrupt stock for pennies on the pound. The main point is that people who only do their shopping in dollar/pound shops are probably not going to be your target market in MLM, so why waste your time trying to sell to them. Find people who want your products instead. If anyone says to me, ''your products are too expensive'', I just say ''thanks for looking'' and move on.