+ Reply to Thread

Are there any Legit Jobs?

I know there are a ton of scams out there and I am thankful to everyone here because in my searches, I now check here for threads about business opportunites.
    This being said, does anyone know of any legit work from home/internet based jobs? I am looking for a JOB NOT a home business. I've been suckered a few times just like most here probably and I just want a job where I can work whenever I have the chance and make a fair wage for the time I put in. I am very weary of any job that costs money to start up or get info about.....

Any guidence/info is VERY appreciated

Thank you everyone for contributions to this site.

Re: Are there any Legit Jobs?

bump bump bump

no there aren't

I got one good-paying legitimate writing job (ongoing) by subscribing to:
    http://www.virtualassistants.com

It costs $14.95 per month to subscribe, but the people who run the site are ethical. Jobs posted are for all over the United States. Some are truly Virtual, while others require that you be in their area.

The categories are:

Accounting

Computer & Technical

Secretarial & General

Medical Transcription

Sales & Telemarketing

I hope this helps you. BTW, the writing job was under the "Secretarial & General" heading.

:) I was very successful with a work from home directory i purchased from a christian work at home mom online. She is honest and the directory is fantastic. I now have been doing data entry with a great company for almost a year now. I love being able to stay home with my family. If you would like her link you can pm me or email me at: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by tina
    :) I was very successful with a work from home directory i purchased from a christian work at home mom online. She is honest and the directory is fantastic. I now have been doing data entry with a great company for almost a year now. I love being able to stay home with my family. If you would like her link you can pm me or email me at: [email protected]
    And yet you had to purchase this directory from her, correct? Well I don't like the sound of that. Christian or not.. ;)

This is one of the things I like to point out to the people who are so eager to jump on these opportunities: never pay for information, under any circumstances - ! I've been in this hunt for a long time, and I can tell you that nothing positive has ever come out of a list in which you have to purchase..

Why? Because the whole opperation behind it is the very money you send to get it!

I've recently completed a new set of work at home jobs/strategies, if anybody is interested feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I'll copy and paste

Quote Originally Posted by tina

I thought the others on here said data entry was a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by patricia42256
    I thought the others on here said data entry was a scam?
    Everyone that has been posted on this site has been...as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessloch
    And yet you had to purchase this directory from her, correct? Well I don't like the sound of that. Christian or not.. ;)

This is one of the things I like to point out to the people who are so eager to jump on these opportunities: never pay for information, under any circumstances - ! I've been in this hunt for a long time, and I can tell you that nothing positive has ever come out of a list in which you have to purchase..

Why? Because the whole opperation behind it is the very money you send to get it!

I've recently completed a new set of work at home jobs/strategies, if anybody is interested feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I'll copy and paste

Sorry but I beg to differ just about everything costs these days . We pay for about everything these days. Thats how people make money but it doesn't mean its dishonest .Just my opinion .I have been burned a number of times so i am not new to that.But I never lose faith that it is out there for anyone who doesn't give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessloch

It gets old doesn't it! These damn fees for work at home jobs. I like the way you think. Paying for a job is ridiculous. A JOB is supposed to pay you. Why can't you get the directory for free? :rolleyes:

I am absolutely amazed that a place like scam.com doesn't have a sticky even of actual legit places to work at home with. There are legit companies that hire home workers, mostly as independant contractors, and most require no fees. Just because you are working from home though doesn't mean its not a job, you are still required to put forth the time and effort into the position.

I have worked for one such company, www.workathomeagent.com and know that they are legit and I currently work for two additional ones now. One I did pay a $30 background fee for but the company is legit, has never been late on a payment, great communications with payroll/supervisors/VIPS, and I've been with them from almost 2yrs now. That company is www.liveops.com

As for paying for listings of these jobs, again I am absolutely amazed that theres no information around here or otherwise I am just missing it do to the late hour. There are many boards that I'm a member of that offer free information about companies that hire home workers including information on how to contact them, what it is that you would be doing, and there aren't any fees. Most of the boards even have sections where if a lead is found it can be posted for others to apply as well.

So please do not say that there are not any legit jobs for working at home because this is completely false and ruins the chances of others finding these jobs. Am I saying that there aren't scams out there - absolutely not as I myself have been scammed when I started looking to work at home. But by calling everything a scam and saying there's nothing legit is asisine.

And as for data entry jobs - 99% of them are scams and are asking for fees but there are some legit ones as well. I know www.keyforcash.com is legit but I believe they also have about a years waiting list because thats what everybody wants. Another company that does data entry with no cost is http://typist.youdictate.com/ but again there is a waiting list for it.

Working at home is like any other job, you can apply but you might not get hired, its not just going to be handed to you on a silver platter the minute that you hit the send button. Sometimes you might hear back in a day or two others can take months & years.

Here are just a few of the message boards where you can search for legit work at home jobs:

www.wahm.com
    www.workplacelikehome.com/forum
    www.telecommutingmoms.com
    www.whydowork.com