+ Reply to Thread

Tupperware-Now a bricks and motar store

I just noticed that a Tupperware store has opened in a local mall.

Is Tupperware moving away from MLM/reps now?

Re: Tupperware-Now a bricks and motar store

I've seen MLM products for sale online, such as P90X and Natraburst for example on sites outside the MLM. Either the company is selling product behind the distributor's back, or distributors are trying to offload their mandatory autoship/quota induced purchases at cost.

Are there other examples of MLM's going conventional (bypassing the network), either in part or 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by RealLies View Post

Interesting. I'm aware that in 2002-2003 Tupperware attempted to market their wares through Target stores, but that caused such distributor backlash that it was abandoned. (Source)

I wonder why they're trying retail again? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    is anyone sure it isn't a store operated by tupperware affiliates?
    If it is, I wonder how much control Tupperware Brands Corporation itself exerts over it? Though MLM distributors are sometimes given permission to open retail outlets, there are usually pretty stringent restrictions.

Where is this mall? Can you give the name of the mall or link so we can look this up? It is possibly as Iamwil guessed - a store operated by Tupperware affiliates and not corporate.
    "Wag more, bark less."

I got curious so I did some reading and Tupperware is not being sold retail these days.

A tupperware Rep. can sell Tupperware at the Mall though.

Tupperware Small Business Opportunities and Home Party Information

Tupperware offers fun, small business opportunities to sell our quality housewares. Small business opportunities from Tupperware are a great way to earn extra income, too. If you're looking for a way to sell Tupperware® products that fits your busy lifestyle, you can take advantage of our online home party business opportunities. By hosting a Tupperware Online Party, you can invite friends and neighbors to purchase Tupperware® products, while conducting the whole party over the Internet! If you've been looking for the best small business opportunities without success, consider Tupperware's home party Consultant opportunity. You'll enjoy a flexible work schedule, rewards and recognition that just aren't available with other small business plans. Increase your income and spend more time with your family by becoming a Tupperware Consultant. As a small business opportunity seeker, you can find home party business information and details on how to order your Tupperware Opportunity Kit by clicking here.
    Run a Tupperware small business right from home

Small business opportunities from Tupperware allow you to determine your level of success. Work as many or as few hours as you like, setting your own priorities. Earn money for a dream vacation, pay off overdue bills, save money for a child's college education and much more. When you contact a local Tupperware consultant, he/she can help you get started with planning a party, learning how to earn recognition rewards and more.
    You can build your customer base using any or all of Tupperware's three selling avenues: Our traditional home party, locations at local malls and your own Web site that makes money for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Once you speak with a local Tupperware Consultant for advice, you can get started with a Tupperware Opportunity Kit. Get started with our fully loaded Executive Business Kit with a retail value of over $470 for only $109.99. Or, our Business Kit with over $330 in retail value for only $79.99. Both kits are designed to give you the tools to launch your own home-based business - a complementary range of Tupperware® products, business supplies and a quick guide to creating fun parties.
    Want to make a quick start in Tupperware at a lower cost? Take advantage of this limited-time-only offer on our special Business Kit**, now $69.99, including shipping. This high-value starter kit provides selected Tupperware® products, business supplies and support materials that guide you through your first few fun parties. The sky's the limit on your earning ability when you're a Tupperware Consultant!
    Tupperware offers an enjoyable and flexible way to enhance your income

Tupperware offers you the most enjoyable and flexible way to enhance your income and spend more time with family and friends. Tupperware provides you with a chance to get respect as an entrepreneur and acknowledgement for a job well done. Contact a local Tupperware Consultant today and get started on your way to achieving your career and personal goals.
    Want an exciting way to earn money and meet new people? Sell popular Tupperware products.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    I got curious so I did some reading and Tupperware is not being sold retail these days.

A tupperware Rep. can sell Tupperware at the Mall though.

Looks like you're right, Tulip.
    Just like the Brazilian bikini lady thread, another crazy pointless OT lol.

"Wag more, bark less."

Quote Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
    Looks like you're right, Tulip.
    Just like the Brazilian bikini lady thread, another crazy pointless OT lol.

We need Real Lies to clarify if he/she really saw Tupperware being sold out of a retail store at the mall and if it was Tupperware that was the entire inventory of the store.

When reading about Tupperware I didn't see a thing saying you could rent, lease or buy a store and sell out of that store.
    It would be expensive to rent, lease or buy the store but you may sell a lot and I would think Tupperware would not allow this. They are letting their reps have stores on line.

The Brazilian thread in PC is really out there and I am thinking the member who started that thread has more than one screen name. But I hesitated in posting my suspicions because once before I was wrong with thinking that about Wil (sorry Wil). It's not the end of the world to get caught using two screen names but when you are starting threads that are of no use in a particular forum I think it would be nice to put a stop to the nonsense.
    It does seem though, members are having fun with the crazy threads.

The store is in Saskatoon, SK.

http://thecentremall.com/store_directory.php

Rep page mentions "store": http://my.tupperware.ca/goodtyme

I don't have any futher details unfortunately. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is a Tupperware cart or product being sold by a rep in another store.

As for the goon saying this post is OT, not exactly. If you have a relevant post and I misunderstood (ironically your post is OT, who cares about a Brazillin wax thread?) please excuse my rudeness. I apologize for not being clear.

My question assumes that if (and only if) Tupperware stores are in fact becoming part of the market, potential reps should be made aware of this. It is of my opinon that while I as a consumer prefer an actual store, they are *probably* going to reduce rep sales and profit. What it would really come down to is, do consumers prefer the stores and online sales to dealing with reps, parties, etc. To not make this known to potential future reps is misleading, IMHO. It's hard enough to make any money peddling Tupperware as it is.

(Please note that I do not sell ANY MLM products, I post as a consumer only).

P.S. Interesting to note, one of the numbers for one of the local Tupperware contact reps is the same for at least 2 other MLMs (one is a "wellness" company). Please note it is NOT the same person as on the rep page I posted.

I have to wonder, if this same person is peddling at least 3 other MLM lines, they can't be making as much money off of each one as they claim. To me, it's kind of odd (awkward?) when I call to inquire about 2 different product lines and the same person answers the phone!
    Last edited by RealLies; 11-27-2011 at 10:24 AM.

The store is in Saskatoon, SK.

http://thecentremall.com/store_directory.php

Rep page mentions "store": http://my.tupperware.ca/goodtyme

I don't have any futher details unfortunately. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is a Tupperware cart or product being sold by a rep in another store.

As for the goon saying this post is OT, not exactly. If you have a relevant post and I misunderstood (ironically your post is OT, who cares about a Brazillin wax thread?) please excuse my rudeness. I apologize for not being clear.

My question assumes that if (and only if) Tupperware stores are in fact becoming part of the market, potential reps should be made aware of this. It is of my opinon that while I as a consumer prefer an actual store, they are *probably* going to reduce rep sales and profit. What it would really come down to is, do consumers prefer the stores and online sales to dealing with reps, parties, etc. To not make this known to potential future reps is misleading, IMHO. It's hard enough to make any money peddling Tupperware as it is.

(Please note that I do not sell ANY MLM products, I post as a consumer only).

P.S. Interesting to note, one of the numbers for one of the local Tupperware contact reps is the same for at least 2 other MLMs (one is a "wellness" company). Please note it is NOT the same person as on the rep page I posted.

I have to wonder, if this same person is peddling at least 3 other MLM lines, they can't be making as much money off of each one as they claim. To me, it's kind of odd (awkward?) when I call to inquire about 2 different product lines and the same person answers the phone!
    Everything I was reading told me Tupperware was not being sold in retail stores. I read it was sold in Target years ago but the sales were not good so they stopped.

I just found this article

Where Can I Purchase Tupperware?

• Tupperware is available at most grocery stores, as well as discount department stores like Target, Walmart and Kmart. You can also purchase Tupperware from a consultant. To find a consultant in your area, log onto the Tupperware website, and click "Find a Tupperware Consultant." Fill out your address information; once you press "Enter," a list of consultants who work in close proximity to you are displayed. When you choose a consultant from the list, you'll be connected to the individual's professional website, where more specific contact information is listed.

Read more: Tupperware FAQs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8369127_tup...#ixzz1ewgALL8f

I guess we will need to hear from someone involved with tupperware or you could contact Tupperware and ask.