+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job

Just for fun I recently asked Erin, “Now that the kids are in summer school, don’t you think it’s about time you went out and got yourself a job? I hate seeing you wallow in unemployment for so long.”

She smiled and said, “Wow. I have been unemployed a really long time. That’s weird… I like it!”

Neither of us have had jobs since the ’90s (my only job was in 1992), so we’ve been self-employed for quite a while. In our household it’s a running joke for one of us to say to the other, “Maybe you should get a job, derelict!”

It’s like the scene in The Three Stooges where Moe tells Curly to get a job, and Curly backs away, saying, “No, please… not that! Anything but that!”

It’s funny that when people reach a certain age, such as after graduating college, they assume it’s time to go out and get a job. But like many things the masses do, just because everyone does it doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. In fact, if you’re reasonably intelligent, getting a job is one of the worst things you can do to support yourself. There are far better ways to make a living than selling yourself into indentured servitude.

Here are some reasons you should do everything in your power to avoid getting a job:
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...ver-get-a-job/
    Last edited by ChrisDoyle; 10-29-2011 at 03:42 AM.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job

Like! :spin2:

Good podcasts on that site, too.

"Wag more, bark less."

The nine-to-five is one of the greatest atrocities sprung upon mankind. You give your life away to a function that doesn't interest you. This situation so repelled me that I was driven to drink, starvation, and mad females, simply as an alternative.

~ Charles Bukowski
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Maybe you should consider following some of the advice you post here.

Did your read tip#8 from your link?

8. An inbred social life.

Consider what it would be like to go outside and talk to strangers. Ooooh… scary!

Better stay inside where it’s safe.

I found this satellite image of Doyle hard at work promoting his latest scam at SCAM.COM.

That dude can really type fast!
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

If I'm being honest, I think almost that entire list is bull shit.

If I'm bored I might bother to go through each one and point out the flaws.

hey does anybody have any incites about Global wealthy club

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post

There is only be flaw and that would be the list itself. If not for people content to work a job there would not anyone to provide the materials necessary for the entrepreneurs to operate their enterprise. If the entrepreneur has invested in providing products or services he or she would have to be involved from start to finish; from the generation of raw material, the transportation to manufacturing, the actual manufacturing, packaging, distribution sale and collection of revenue.

Then after he or she does all their own accounting I guess he or she will take it the entrepreneurial banker who serves as their own teller and counting room person that hands off to one of the entrepreneurial armored car company owners who sold secure courier services all by them selves while on a cell phone driving around town making the pick ups.

Talk about trading time for money. An entire world of entrepreneurs would force the opposite.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

Why not Lisa, for the sake of discussion?

I agree with GeryD, of course, business wouldn't work without employees. Even MLM companies have employees!
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Ok, I'll go through what I can right now.

1. There are people who work jobs that get paid while on their down time. My own husband is salary plus bonus. His salary is decent, but he gets an additional hourly rate any time he's out on location. HOWEVER he always gets a minimum of 8 hours of on location pay no matter how long he was out there. There have been times where he's been on location for 2 hours, he gets paid for 8. So he was making money while he was doing other things not work related. There is also a lot of down time on location, he gets paid for that. There are even some jobs where he gets paid for a full 24 hours no matter how long he spends on location.

So this idea that only people who have their own businesses get paid while they're not working is completely false. There are jobs where you get paid when you're not working too.

2. Dumbest thing I saw in that entire piece:

But that’s like saying you should play golf to get experience playing golf.

Well... how else would you get experience playing golf? Playing Tiger Woods latest video game doesn't give you actual experience. You get experience by experiencing something. Duh.

But then it goes on to assume that you will have very limited duties in every job you work. A LOT of jobs, especially in this economy, are requiring people to do more than just a handful of things. I've been at my own job for several months but I still learn something new on a regular basis. The idea that you can max out on learning something new at your job to me just states that the writer of the piece thinks people are highly unmotivated and lazy. People who take an interest in their work will always be learning new things.

3. WOW!!! Last time I checked, running your own business had you following rules too. What an insulting thing to say, unless you're an anarchist who does absolutely nothing you're going to fall under that lifelong domestication.

4. Again, if you owned your own business in MLM you're still feeding a lot of mouths. Like the employees of the company, the cost to make the products, the CEO's, your upline, etc. Seems like this guy is kind of clueless that a lot of his points are completely applicable to owning your own MLM business as well. He's a pretty big hypocrite at this point.

5. And people in MLM can also have their contracts terminated at the drop of a hat. Getting fired isn't something that just happens with an actual job.

6. Assuming your boss is an idiot. I like my boss a lot, he's not an idiot. Not only that, but evil bovine master? I think he was trying to be witty or something, but it really fell flat. It originates simply from the Dutch word of master. It also has origins in verb form as meaning "excellent". Funny he leaves that origin of the word out.

7. My husband get's increased pay through his own work. If he finishes certain goals he gets bumped up a pay level. No begging required.

8. Referring to work friendships as incestuous is degrading and insulting to those who have truly suffered at the hands of those who they should trust. Would he have the balls to say something like that to someone who has been a victim of an actual incestuous relationship? What an ignorant thing to say. This entire point is slightly disturbing.

9. MLM's have rules too. Everything in life has rules. Unless your an anarchist without a job this applies to EVERYONE.

10. AGAIN - applicable to MLM as well.

Overall, the entire piece is insulting, degrading, cowardly (on his part to not recognize that his many points are applicable to himself as well), hypocritical, and disgusting.

What kind of person expects to earn another persons respect and trust by insulting them? What kind of abusive person thinks that something like that would actually work?

You do realize that almost all MLM mebers are independant contractors working for the MLM right?

Essentially sales people on straight comission....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    You do realize that almost all MLM mebers are independant contractors working for the MLM right?

Nope, you're wrong (partly), I'm an independent contractor, but I'm not working for the MLM, I'm self employed. The UK tax office agrees with me on this and I'd wager they were right over you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post

You intentionally worded that to incite an argument, didn't you?

Typical...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Nope, you're wrong (partly), I'm an independent contractor, but I'm not working for the MLM, I'm self employed. The UK tax office agrees with me on this and I'd wager they were right over you.
    Ok, so without the MLM you would remain an independent contractor?

Ok, so without the MLM you would remain an independent contractor?

I presume you mean without that particular MLM company?

If it ''disappeared'' for some reason, I would go find another MLM company, so the answer would be ''yes'', I would remain an independent contractor.

Ok, I'll go through what I can right now.

1. There are people who work jobs that get paid while on their down time. My own husband is salary plus bonus. His salary is decent, but he gets an additional hourly rate any time he's out on location. HOWEVER he always gets a minimum of 8 hours of on location pay no matter how long he was out there. There have been times where he's been on location for 2 hours, he gets paid for 8. So he was making money while he was doing other things not work related. There is also a lot of down time on location, he gets paid for that. There are even some jobs where he gets paid for a full 24 hours no matter how long he spends on location.

So this idea that only people who have their own businesses get paid while they're not working is completely false. There are jobs where you get paid when you're not working too.

2. Dumbest thing I saw in that entire piece:

But that’s like saying you should play golf to get experience playing golf.

Well... how else would you get experience playing golf? Playing Tiger Woods latest video game doesn't give you actual experience. You get experience by experiencing something. Duh.

But then it goes on to assume that you will have very limited duties in every job you work. A LOT of jobs, especially in this economy, are requiring people to do more than just a handful of things. I've been at my own job for several months but I still learn something new on a regular basis. The idea that you can max out on learning something new at your job to me just states that the writer of the piece thinks people are highly unmotivated and lazy. People who take an interest in their work will always be learning new things.

3. WOW!!! Last time I checked, running your own business had you following rules too. What an insulting thing to say, unless you're an anarchist who does absolutely nothing you're going to fall under that lifelong domestication.

4. Again, if you owned your own business in MLM you're still feeding a lot of mouths. Like the employees of the company, the cost to make the products, the CEO's, your upline, etc. Seems like this guy is kind of clueless that a lot of his points are completely applicable to owning your own MLM business as well. He's a pretty big hypocrite at this point.

5. And people in MLM can also have their contracts terminated at the drop of a hat. Getting fired isn't something that just happens with an actual job.

6. Assuming your boss is an idiot. I like my boss a lot, he's not an idiot. Not only that, but evil bovine master? I think he was trying to be witty or something, but it really fell flat. It originates simply from the Dutch word of master. It also has origins in verb form as meaning "excellent". Funny he leaves that origin of the word out.

7. My husband get's increased pay through his own work. If he finishes certain goals he gets bumped up a pay level. No begging required.

8. Referring to work friendships as incestuous is degrading and insulting to those who have truly suffered at the hands of those who they should trust. Would he have the balls to say something like that to someone who has been a victim of an actual incestuous relationship? What an ignorant thing to say. This entire point is slightly disturbing.

9. MLM's have rules too. Everything in life has rules. Unless your an anarchist without a job this applies to EVERYONE.

10. AGAIN - applicable to MLM as well.

Overall, the entire piece is insulting, degrading, cowardly (on his part to not recognize that his many points are applicable to himself as well), hypocritical, and disgusting.

What kind of person expects to earn another persons respect and trust by insulting them? What kind of abusive person thinks that something like that would actually work?
    .....?????

.....?????
    Yes, I wondered what it was all about too.

Just a couple of points. The writer of the piece, Steve Pavlina, is not, as far as I know, in MLM, so his piece was about self employment. And secondly, it seems as if your husband is happy in his job. Thats great, congratulations, but many aren't, and many don't even have a job or are close to losing them in the not so far off future. Believe me, I'm happy that there are others out there happy to be employed yb: