+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anti, anti-MLM bigots

Of course... :cwm2:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Re: Anti, anti-MLM bigots

Another useless SPAM thread from Liar Doyle. Are there no mods around this site any more? ing1:

might have to start watching this area more?

All MLM deals are first a pyramid scheme and only secondly a seller of a product or a service, that legitimizes their money making scheme. A few get rich while most get stuck with a bunch of inventory and then pester their friends and family to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    might have to start watching this area more?
    If so can you make sure that posts like this are not allowed as that policy went out in like the 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by Help Wanted View Post
    All MLM deals are first a pyramid scheme and only secondly a seller of a product or a service, that legitimizes their money making scheme. A few get rich while most get stuck with a bunch of inventory and then pester their friends and family to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Help Wanted View Post
    Funny how people use the argument about 'a few get rich'. last time I checked in every company 'a few get rich'. Or do you earn exactly the same as your boss?

Quote Originally Posted by merlynridinger View Post
    Funny how people use the argument about 'a few get rich'. last time I checked in every company 'a few get rich'. Or do you earn exactly the same as your boss?
    It's more like MLM's have many victims while a few get rich. That isn't true of most companies.

True, MLMrs can only succeed if many others fail. The reason is because if every MLMr succeeded, or even most, then that would create the astronomical progression which requires an infinite number of people to sustain it. And since people are not infinite, that means eventually there'd be a massive failure for everyone at the bottom of the pyramid.

That's why we say that MLMs are designed to fail. Because whether it happens in either of the two ways mentioned above, it is required in order for others to succeed.

With regular companies, failure of others is not required (tho it does sometimes happen).
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    It's more like MLM's have many victims while a few get rich. That isn't true of most companies.

Many small businesses are going bust these days, while some large business owners get rich. The small business owner is also a victim, usually for lots of money or worse.

The ''victims'' as you call them in MLM are usually people who've paid 30 bucks and given up, which is their choice.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    True, MLMrs can only succeed if many others fail. The reason is because if every MLMr succeeded, or even most, then that would create the astronomical progression which requires an infinite number of people to sustain it. And since people are not infinite, that means eventually there'd be a massive failure for everyone at the bottom of the pyramid.

That's why we say that MLMs are designed to fail. Because whether it happens in either of the two ways mentioned above, it is required in order for others to succeed.

With regular companies, failure of others is not required (tho it does sometimes happen).

Your post would only be true if everyone's goal was to reach the top of the plan and be rich. Most people who join do not have these goals. Everyone can be successful, at the different levels they set themselves, if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    MLMs succeeed by having customers, like any other business.
    Can you kindly show us where there is information about how many "customers" your MLM opportunity has versus the number of IBO's?

In Amway, less than 4% of Amway sales were to customers. I no have no reason to think your opportunity is significantly better, especially when Amway has thousands of products to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Can you kindly show us where there is information about how many "customers" your MLM opportunity has versus the number of IBO's?

In Amway, less than 4% of Amway sales were to customers. I no have no reason to think your opportunity is significantly better, especially when Amway has thousands of products to choose from.

Does that include the hundreds of thousands of ex-distributors who gave up on the business but still buy products at wholesale? They're still customers.

Let's be clear, capitalism in general means that there is only so much money to go around, and some are going to have more of it than others. This applies to any business.

But that said, the issue I have with at least some MLMs (I.e. Mary Kay) is that you are usually never making money because the money you are shuffling around usually tends to come from your own family. The problem here is that most MLMs tend to paint a false picture of "financial freedom" when most don't even promise any income at all. At the very least, if you pump gas for $9.50 per hour (I think that's minimum wage here), you know what you're promised to be making at the end of the day. And you can take that home to your family, period.

I don't know how many times I have seen Mary Kay ladies trying to dump off their "inventory" on any relative willing to buy at "40% off". If you're selling to your own family, you're not really bringing any money in. This is why I hate companies who encourage you to sell to "family and friends" to start your business. It's not really making you any income, unless your uncle is Bill Gates and he likes to order $100000 worth of soap from you personally every month.

The comparison for most MLMers is this:

1.) Go to normal sales type job for large company. Work 40 hours per week. Make minimum wage and bring that income home to your family. You know where you stand, for better or worse.

2.) Work your MLM. Sell lipsticks, soap, etc. to whoever will buy. Work hours will vary depending on how many people you can find who will listen. You may have to put money upfront for "inventory" without making a regular promised wage. In turn sell said products to your family (and exteneded family), taking money from the pot instead of bringing it in. This is often how it goes for *most* MLMers.

The other problem is that MLM is often run "backwards" from large mainstream companies.

McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Apple, Microsoft, or Fido for example all advetise their product and the masses come running to THEM for what they want. In MLM, it is the rep who is running out into the street looking for customers for their product.

Quote Originally Posted by RealLies View Post
    Let's be clear, capitalism in general means that there is only so much money to go around, and some are going to have more of it than others. This applies to any business.

But that said, the issue I have with at least some MLMs (I.e. Mary Kay) is that you are usually never making money because the money you are shuffling around usually tends to come from your own family. The problem here is that most MLMs tend to paint a false picture of "financial freedom" when most don't even promise any income at all. At the very least, if you pump gas for $9.50 per hour (I think that's minimum wage here), you know what you're promised to be making at the end of the day. And you can take that home to your family, period.

I don't know how many times I have seen Mary Kay ladies trying to dump off their "inventory" on any relative willing to buy at "40% off". If you're selling to your own family, you're not really bringing any money in. This is why I hate companies who encourage you to sell to "family and friends" to start your business. It's not really making you any income, unless your uncle is Bill Gates and he likes to order $100000 worth of soap from you personally every month.

The comparison for most MLMers is this:

1.) Go to normal sales type job for large company. Work 40 hours per week. Make minimum wage and bring that income home to your family. You know where you stand, for better or worse.

2.) Work your MLM. Sell lipsticks, soap, etc. to whoever will buy. Work hours will vary depending on how many people you can find who will listen. You may have to put money upfront for "inventory" without making a regular promised wage. In turn sell said products to your family (and exteneded family), taking money from the pot instead of bringing it in. This is often how it goes for *most* MLMers.

The other problem is that MLM is often run "backwards" from large mainstream companies.

McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Apple, Microsoft, or Fido for example all advetise their product and the masses come running to THEM for what they want. In MLM, it is the rep who is running out into the street looking for customers for their product.
    The problem with the above is you left out the most important option and the one done by the vast majority who take up MLM.
    Option 3. Build a MLM business part time alongside your job. Your job pays the bills, the MLM pays for your future.

Correction. Your job pays the MLM.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    Correction. Your job pays the MLM.
    To start with, very possibly... the start up money has to come from somewhere, but thats better than borrowing tens of thousands from the bank and putting your house up as collateral, I suppose.