+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Pre Paid Legal Inc.

So what are your thoughts on Pre-Paid Legal Inc.?
    their web address is www.prepaidlegal.com

Re: Pre-Paid Legal Inc.

Briefly, I was a member of Pre-paid Legal. True, the product is very helpful and I continue to use their legal services. However, I simply didn't like having to constantly find new people. I found it easier to find people who wanted to use the service rather than actually become associates. But you don't move up quickly unless you bring in new people. :(
    Last edited by christian187; 08-16-2006 at 04:31 AM.

People pay for something they can get cheaper and much more effective.

View:

http://www.jurisdictionary.com

REFERRAL LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN YOUR POSTS. READ THE RULES. NOT DOING SO CAN LEAD TO BEING BANNED FROM THE SITE.

LADY MOD
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-03-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by christian187
    Briefly, I was a member of Pre-paid Legal. True, the product is very helpful and I continue to use their legal services. However, I simply didn't like having to constantly find new people. I found it easier to find people who wanted to use the service rather than actually become associates. But you don't move up quickly unless you bring in new people. :(
    That's an interesting microcosm of the entire industry: Ya better like recruiting or go work at 7-11 instead. Because if ya don't like recruiting, the money you'll make will be about the same, IMHO.

folks,

Here is an interesting article about it.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=125897&postcount=54

Soapboxmom

Quote Originally Posted by William Hill
    The Harland Stoncipher CEO and founder of Prepaid legal has a story that will blow you away.
    If that's not a name from the Flintstones, it should be. In fact, I dare say he would have to be a spy on the Flintstones. Get it?? Stonecipher?? Get it??? C'mon, go with me here!

;)
    Last edited by openQuestion; 08-24-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    That's an interesting microcosm of the entire industry: Ya better like recruiting or go work at 7-11 instead. Because if ya don't like recruiting, the money you'll make will be about the same, IMHO.

Yeah Pre Paid Legal sucks like all the other recruiting scams. You're right you won't make money unless you convince ALOT of people can get rich off of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    Yeah Pre Paid Legal sucks like all the other recruiting scams. You're right you won't make money unless you convince ALOT of people can get rich off of it!
    And see, this is one of my main philosophical problems with the entire industry. Yes, if you wish to make a living in MLM, you DO have to convince a LOT of people that there is big money to be made here, because "the dream" is the product, not the product/service. And since it is so difficult to do, it just strikes me that the entire thing HAS to be based on a lie. Or something like that. Again, just MY opinion, nothing more.

Hello PrePaid Legal folks,

I'm getting some possibly erroneous information on PPL lately, can anyone help?

Okay, here's the statement:

In 2005, about 660,000 people signed up in PPL, but less than 56,000 stayed in by the end of December. Retention rates were about the worst in the history of PPL.

Okay folks, can anyone give me a disclaimer to set the record straight? What's the correct information out there?

Sounds about right....

I tried this. I found that in my area, Memphis, it's basically I paid them to refer me to someone. They are very specific in what they cover and they cover the hourly rate. Many attorney's don't work by hourly rate and in those cases PPL covers none of it. When I went to seek help about my disability, they sent me to someone that wouldn't see me without upfront money just to talk to me.

I guess if you were to get a ticket, it might be good for that. But probably cheaper just to pay a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by EveryKnee
    Hello PrePaid Legal folks,

I'm getting some possibly erroneous information on PPL lately, can anyone help?

Okay, here's the statement:

In 2005, about 660,000 people signed up in PPL, but less than 56,000 stayed in by the end of December. Retention rates were about the worst in the history of PPL.

Okay folks, can anyone give me a disclaimer to set the record straight? What's the correct information out there?
    I am a Pre Paid Legal associate. Some people quit because it just isn't for them. we all need to find the business that works for us. My friend won't even look at PPL, he does Quixtar, he's made money and is happy. good for him!! Too many people are looking to get rich quick. they are not looking for a home based BUSINESS. I make money, I HELP, a lot of people, I've made a lot of good friends all over the USA! Is it for you? I don't know? Look at the facts, talk to people who are successful in what ever business you are looking into. I tried 5 other companies, that didn't pay me, wanted me to do things that I didn't agree with, ect... I am not going to bad mouth them because it didn't work for ME. I kept looking , until I found the right one. Some people should keep their comments to themselves and not say bad things, just because it didn't work for THEM. I do not judge MY success by others. I am my own boss, my success depends on ME!

I was a Pre Paid Assoicate 4 years ago. I was only taught to go to my family and friends, which is the worst you can do. Another thing i have learn't is that finding people who need legal help, brings in a lot of negative energy, which makes it tuff to recruite.

Good luck
    Hally
    Last edited by katiescorner; 11-19-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom
    folks,

Here is an interesting article about it.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=125897&postcount=54

Soapboxmom
    So is the $30M refinancing a reason for PPL to demand associates to recruit associates only and not members? :confused:

Pre-Paid legal is a SCAM and an EVIL business that takes advantage of desperately low income families.. PPL has destroyed me and my family with their LIES and Deceit! I TRUSTED PPL with a work comp case, and their "referral attorney", RONALD M. CANTER, sat on the case, lied, supressed evidence and ignored desperate phone calls for emergency help.. This company has a deal with the devil to cause HARM to people..
    BURN IN HELL PRE-PAID LEGAL!!!!!!

My wife and I have been pre-paid legal members / associates for a while now, and this service has helped us tremendously. It's a no brainer, you get so much value for so little money. $26 a week for all the legal advise we want, they write letters and make phone calls on our behalf, they review any contracts and documents we send them, if we ever get audited, they will represent us for up to 50 hours, we are represented for all traffic tickets and moving violations, they prepaired our living wills, and update them every year, we get a discount if we need to be represented for something that isn't covered, if anyone files a civil or criminal action against us, we are covered for 60 hours of attorney time... complete legal empowerment. The only way this wouldn't be worth it is if you didn't use it. We use ours all the time, and the money I've saved by knowing my rights has already paid for 2 lifetimes of membership fees.

If you want to find out more about membership, or becoming an associate, go to this site. NO REFERRAL LINKS. PLEASE CONTACT MIKE FOR THE LINK. LADY MOD
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-03-2007 at 12:32 AM.