+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Re: Pre-Paid Legal Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd Griffin View Post
    As for PPL being a ponzi scheme, that does not make any sense.
    No?

Would you reconsider that if during 2009 their number of distributors had increased by over 50% while their number of customers had increased by less than 3%, or wouldn't you think that was relevant at all to whether they were doing legitimate MLM by selling a service to retail customers?

If those were accurate figures I would look at them and of course it would be relevant if it were true. You have posed a question, not a statement. Are you saying that in 2009 the number of distributors increased by 50% while the number of customers increased by 3%? Please cite your source if you are asserting that.
    :judges:

If you were referring to 50% more distributer over stand alone memberships in 2009 alone, that could clearly make sense. Seeing as how North America went through a huge ressission and all.

I laugh at the number of people who post articles at PPL's associates dropping in their first 12 months, when they haven't even sold a membership yet. How many of them do you think would have stayed if they had their sibling join with them and earn $138 to pay off their phone bill that month, see how easy it would be.. actually USE the membership (ala getting their wills done, for example) or attend maybe just ONE of the trainings on how to present the correct info. As said time and time again in this thread, this isn't a get rich quick company. If you don't treat it like a business, how do you expect it to run like one?

Oh, and as for your "quote", in 2009, my team (in PPL) wrote over 650 memberships and only 250 associates. Imagine that.

People truly don't understand what a Ponzi scheme is, hell, most can't even explain what a "pyramid scheme" is without using Google or Wikipedia (and, which may I say.. anyone can edit or add too...). Get real. An illegal legal plan. :spin2:

Pre-Paid Legal = Attorney referral service

This is a scam to direct you to private lawyers, which I could
    have selected one in the first place myself.

I have been a member for 1 1/2 years now. In Miami they are
    represented by Glantz and Glantz. As a member you have the right to 2 letters on your behalf per year.

The real deal is that their attorneys decide if they want to write a letter on your behalf or not. They declined to write my demand letter. Instead, they offer your case to "independent" attorneys that work on contingency only, there goes 1/3 of my claim.

This is a scam to direct you to private lawyers, which I could
    have selected one in the first place myself.

I have been a member for 1 1/2 years now. In Miami they are
    represented by Glantz and Glantz. As a member you have the right to 2 letters on your behalf per year.

The real deal is that their attorneys decide if they want to write a letter on your behalf or not. They declined to write my demand letter. Instead, they offer your case to "independent" attorneys that work on contingency only, there goes 1/3 of my claim.
    http://www.scam.com/images/smilies/errr.gif

Can't even imagine. Yea, let's get involved in a pyramid scheme with, of all things, LAWYERS. Yea, they're certainly and upstanding and trustworthy group of individuals!
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

There's no pyramid to even consider. At Legal Shield formerly Pre-Paid Legal an associate has the option to build a team or just market the plans on an individual basis. Legal Shield is not a Law Firm. As for the person with the letters issue as we don't know the whole story maybe the provider attorney did not feel the situation called for a demand letter.

If you have a valid complaint feel free to contact Legal Shield as they continuously monitor the provider law firms.

Quote Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
    Well, it'a pyramid scheme just like Avon, Tupperware, Mary Kay - it's not illegal, but it's all about recruiting, or you make no money. You do get something for your money, unlike ponzi schemes.
    It's not all about recruiting it's about selling the product or service and helping people, you do not have to recruit in order to make money that is just the added bonus were you can have a sales team if they don't make money you don't either period, if a company tells you you have to recruit I would stay clear of that company, just remember you just make more money with a team so yeah you would want to recruit...

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    Can't even imagine. Yea, let's get involved in a pyramid scheme with, of all things, LAWYERS. Yea, they're certainly and upstanding and trustworthy group of individuals!
    Oh and by the way your JOB is a pyramid scheme look who is at the top and who is on the bottom, everything is built just like a pyramid period, if you say it's not you are lying to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedude00 View Post
    If you were referring to 50% more distributer over stand alone memberships in 2009 alone, that could clearly make sense. Seeing as how North America went through a huge ressission and all.

I laugh at the number of people who post articles at PPL's associates dropping in their first 12 months, when they haven't even sold a membership yet. How many of them do you think would have stayed if they had their sibling join with them and earn $138 to pay off their phone bill that month, see how easy it would be.. actually USE the membership (ala getting their wills done, for example) or attend maybe just ONE of the trainings on how to present the correct info. As said time and time again in this thread, this isn't a get rich quick company. If you don't treat it like a business, how do you expect it to run like one?

Oh, and as for your "quote", in 2009, my team (in PPL) wrote over 650 memberships and only 250 associates. Imagine that.

People truly don't understand what a Ponzi scheme is, hell, most can't even explain what a "pyramid scheme" is without using Google or Wikipedia (and, which may I say.. anyone can edit or add too...). Get real. An illegal legal plan. :spin2:

I will definitely agree with you 100% people have no clue and most of the stuff they get comes from their friends or family members or what they read some where, people do yourself a favor don't believe everything you hear.

Quote Originally Posted by kfree200466 View Post
    Oh and by the way your JOB is a pyramid scheme look who is at the top and who is on the bottom, everything is built just like a pyramid period, if you say it's not you are lying to yourself.
    MANY things have pyramid-like structures. Look at a food chart. Fruits and veggies on the bottom, breads and meat in the middle, and sugar and sweets at the top. I agree that most corporations have a similar type of structure. One president, a handful of execs, hundreds of employees, and thousands of customers.

However, anyone who wants money to live HAS to work! Even within MLM, you still have to work, otherwise where will the money come from? You can't rightfully criticize non-MLM workers for that very reason. If you do so, you are basically saying that modern economics isn't working, which is silly.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Wrong my friend it is not only 2 letters per year for a family plan it is a letter per issue unlimited! It is obvious you not fully understand your benefits too! I am proudly an independent associate and use the membership successfully monthly!
    As for a scam, nope and not a pyramid either! In order for a pyramid to exist,a product or service cannot be offered and get only paid on recruiting others! A typical job is much more a pyramid than LegalShield! It is same compensation structure as insurance and real estate! Leverage of effort in compensation is not only legal it is smart! I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts.
    John D. Rockefeller
    www.bestoption4u.com

A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.
    Enough said.....:spin2:

www.pplsuccesschannel.com