+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

West Coast Wellness - What is this?

Hi

I have visited this site for awhile, but never have had a reason to write. Anyway, has anyone heard of West Coast Wellness? It has been advertised heavily in my area on the radio. When I called, they offered no info, but said you have to attend a 90 min. presentation to fully understand the program. It has something to do with the wellness industry, but I have no idea of whether it is MLM, or what?

Thanks,

ren

Re: West Coast Wellness - What is this?

I took a look at the website and it looks like it's complete focus is on money. If you don't have an exceptional, reputable, trustworthy product/commodity -I don't understand what they're "recruiting" for??? Is it all about recruiting to make money like PPL??? It doesn't look very stable personally. After looking at the site, I would definately stay away from it.

Business is a P.O. Box.

Always discuss with your doctor any medicine/supplements you are going to take. Do not think if medicine is a supplement or dietary pill than it is harmless. Especially pills from unknown entity like West Coast Wellness.

I have heard of West Coast Wellness. I attended one of their meetings and have done more research. They are not a scam.

They are a cooperative of independent business owners with the Wellness International Network (WIN) company which is a proven successful Multilevel Marketing company. ALL WIN products are listed in the Physicians Desk Reference (verified) and WIN has been in business for more than 12 years (also verified). WIN has been tried in court and successfully found to be a legitimate business - not a scam (verified).
    Last edited by Dianna; 08-05-2006 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Clarification with facts

Quote Originally Posted by Dianna
    I have heard of West Coast Wellness. I attended one of their meetings and have done more research. They are not a scam.

They are a cooperative of independent business owners with the Wellness International Network (WIN) company which is a proven successful Multilevel Marketing company. ALL WIN products are listed in the Physicians Desk Reference (verified) and WIN has been in business for more than 12 years (also verified). WIN has been tried in court and successfully found to be a legitimate business - not a scam (verified).
    If all you say is true, then cite the legal case law reference and state or states in which this legal action took place. Also if there were any appeals, and in which courts the appeals were made. Cite legal references to all of these issues, not just the initial case please.

If they have been in business, as you say, verified, then in what state are they domained (Licensed), and how many states are they licensed to do business? This way we can check with the state board charged with licensing corporations to see when they applied and were approved to conduct business, and what kind of business they were approved to conduct.

As far as their products being listed in the PDR, a lot of ingredients are listed there, but not necessarily their products. Once you have provided the above information, then we will be able to verify their products truly being listed in the PDR. There are a lot of medications listed in the PDR, but a lot of them which were mixed with others listed their have now been banned. So this pretty much means nothing.

Diana,

But, I still don't know what this company is selling. What is the product?? Vitamins?? Skincare?? What?? Is the product effective? How do I find out more about it, without having to go to one of their meetings??

Quote Originally Posted by ren
    Diana,

But, I still don't know what this company is selling. What is the product?? Vitamins?? Skincare?? What?? Is the product effective? How do I find out more about it, without having to go to one of their meetings??
    Just google the name, and I'm sure you will have plenty of sites to check out, or better yet just put in their website and it should list all their products. If not, then run for the hills.

yeah, they have been advertisisng heavily on kiro710 radio here in seattle.

I just called em and then checked out their website (sparse on information)

if they call me back and offer me a 90 minute seminar to find out what they are selling, they can just forget it.

it sounds to me a like the same kind of thing as
    thermogenetics
    and I have already given up on them

Try this:

http://www.healthywealthywow.com/art...coast-wellness

West Coast Wellness is the marketing arm for Wellness International Network.

Informative article:
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/f...3422/index.htm

Run a Google search for the founder of WIN, "Ralph Oats", for more info.

Blanche

Thats funny

In 2003 there were 38 different distributors with 11 active lawsuites as their main product was under official scrutiny for containing ephedra - which most other manufacturers had removed from their products as unsafe...

A nice quote:
    "Drew Georgeson, 45, a surgeon in Detroit who lost $200,000 as a distributor, agrees with her--up to a point. "I blame myself," he says. "No one held a gun to my head." But, he adds, "what bothers me is that Oats and the company feel no responsibility for the destruction they've caused in the lives of thousands of people." "

The article cites that over 90% of the members LOST money selling their products. We are not talking about not making much - but never even broke even after all their hard work.

How many of the remaining 10% were the people that got in early?

Yeah - lets do a program where only 1 or 2 out of 100 new members will break even.

It's a pyramid sales scheme, not unlike Amway, Herbalife, etc. They sell vitamins, supplements, etc. Take advantage of your friends and get rich, etc. Stay away from them.

Does BioLean still contain ephedra? I read allthe articles but most of them was were from 2003, 2004. I am trying to find out more about West coast wellness and their product and what is in them.

It doesn't have a date, but Drugs.com posts the ingredients and it includes caffeine and Ephedra...

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/biolean_tablets.html

There is a new product called Biolean II that has something called Advantra Z. This new product is also listed as a dangerous drug...its basically an extract of the bitter orange - and most of the new "Ephedra Free" drugs include something like it.

http://weightloss.about.com/od/healt...lephedfree.htm
    "Weight loss supplements that have been advertised as being safe may cause harmful health effects in some people, according to a recent study.

These products -- which are promoted as being ephedra-free and safe for dieters -- have been shown to cause increased heart rate among healthy people and harmful health effects in some people, report scientists who worked on the study."

Anyway - stay away from this company - just go buy some Xenadrine if you want the drug...

I joined West Coast Wellness about a year ago and started going to meetings which are mainly for people who need the instructions and methods to get it done. By this I mean they have to be told and trained on how to do the business. I find most of these people looking to get into the business want to get rich quick and do little work if none at all. Let me tell you.. "You don't get rich by doing nothing at all." I've been slowing getting a return on my investment. It's a slow growth for me beacause I don't do this full but yes I am making money and I will stay in this business for as long as I can. I have no complants because I understand that you get what you put into it.

Hope this helps,
    Jon

Questions or information about the products or business:

http://www.wellnessinternational.us http://www.westcoastwellnesscenter.com

West Coast Wellness (WCW) is essentially a MLM/Pyramid Scheme as described at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's fine 'Pyramid Schemes' description, http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm

The key West Coast Wellness websites are currently :
    - The main WCW site, http://www.westcoastwellness.us/ - WCW's Wellness Center, http://www.westcoastwellnesscenter.com/

Apparently, WCW is heavily targeting metropolitan markets throughout California in its repetitive radio ads airing at the present time. The parent company, Wellness International Network, is located in Plano,TX, http://web.winltd.com/ .
    From company reviews such as that of http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-coast-wellness-san-diego-2
    , WCW's own headquarters is in San Diego,CA, although it potentially could relocate at some future time.

Current scam.com advocates of WCW's MLM/Pyramid Scheme can be easily found by scanning the previous comments here.

Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware here)!!!!
    Any legitimate business will clearly reveal to all inquirers, the product(s) and/or service(s) it actually sells.
    Similar to other MLM/Pyramid schemes described elsewhere at scam.com, WCW continues to a) rely upon personal one-on-one testimonials from those who claim to be successfully involved with it, and, b) use frequent appeals to "just place a simple phonecall, toll-free, for further information".
    Given that there are effective ways to find out further details about WCW _other_ than placing that "simple phonecall" , either one of these two tactics should clearly be a red flag for you readers to avoid being taken in !