+ Reply to Thread

Nigeria or check fraud scams

:mad: Well Iam the biggest sucker in the world right now... Iam very ashamed and I hurt my family real bad, I was scammed by a letter telling me that I would be a collection agent between two companies, and boy they did me in good, I spoke to my husband and local friends and all agreed it looks like a ligitmate job, but they took 36,000 from me and now I owe my bank this money, I have already contacted the secret service, the feds and phone busters, plus an attorney that I am currently waiting on response back. The check that was given to me was a fraud and I deposited it into my account and was suppose to hold on to 10%, my bank tells me the check cleared and so I went back to My bank and made a wire transfer, guess what the check came back fraudulent, I went back to the bank telling them how could they do this to me after I asked several time to make sure the funds where avaliable they told me, we funded your account because you are a good customer, and I stated NO you must protect your customers, why didn't you check out the check first why did you allow me to send the funds? As of right now Iam not getting any response, Iam literally miserable and I work pay check to pay check. Lesson learned. :mad:

Re: Nigeria or check fraud scams

You must get a lawyer immediately. It should not cost you much to counsel you. You need to explore whether your bank is cuplable or can do anything to rectify the problem. Do not delay.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerJack
    You must get a lawyer immediately. It should not cost you much to counsel you. You need to explore whether your bank is cuplable or can do anything to rectify the problem. Do not delay.
    Good luck going against a Bank.
    801-316-0555

Yes, I already have contacted a lawyer, my father who is a big wig with a bank is very skeptical due to the fact that this is out of country transaction, The only thing the lawyer can do is fight for me with the bank. Thanks for helping

I recently got scamed in a similar way, but with money orders. I have to pay my bank back. Neither the police or the bank will talk to me. The police claim they sent the file to Secret Service, but I was told not to expect a call...I need a lawyer, any suggestions?? :(

Yes, Iam having the same problem, no one is talking to me, So I called my bank and asked for the president's desk and complained on how rude his branches have been to me, that I will pay back the money somehow, he stated not to worry that they are investigating the transaction. In the meantime, go into the yellow pages and look up attorney's (Criminal Law). Iam currently waiting on a response, I also called Phone Busters (www.phonebusters.com) and if you have a home and you have any type of equity in your home use it. I will let you know how thing go about. I lost everything..... :mad:

Thanks for the help. I am in the process of purchasing a home now. The amount I lost was only 4750, but I still can't afford to pay that back...I was told by the bank my account would be frozen until they finished their investigation. The last call I had from them was, when are you going to deposit some funds and their is no investigation...I thing I just might talk to the president of the bank and call a lawyer...The purp actually continue to contact me after this for another deal. I played along for a little while trying to get the police to do something, but they refused...I even have is voice on my answering machine!!! No one seems to care anymore...

Hey where are you people from? I just received a cashier check and rather than cash it, I called the bank where it was supposedly drawn off of and it is a counterfeit check. I would like to stop this scam but do not know where to take this check to or who to contact regarding this matter. Can anybody help me? There is a lot of places out there calling for representatives and it appears to be the same scam as many of you fell into......the name of the place that asked me to be a representative for them was supposedly called J & P Value Arts Gallery......have any of you heard of it??? I have received a lot of email from other places or so called companies that also want representatives to do the same for them. I know that there is a lot of people in the USA that are unemployed and struggle to make ends meet and would do just about anything to find some kind of income. I really would like to put an end to all this scamming on the US citizens and need others help. I am located in Michigan and really would like to know where else in the world or US that this is happening. Anybody have any suggestions on how to put a stop to this or find out where else this is happening as far as location goes? Are these scammers hitting on locations where they know the economy is troubled or are they going worldwide with these scams? I know in the part of the world I am located that there is a lot of lost jobs and unemployment....people are hurting for income.......that is why I ask for others locations as far as this scam is going. I was just wondering if your locations have been economically slow also. Thanks for any information anyone can give me regarding this situation or scam. Also most of my representative work has come from overseas areas that I have noticed.

I'm in Florida. I tried local PD, but they won't do anything about this. They sent my info to the Secret Service, but they haven't had much luck catching any of these scammers. The Nigerian scam is one of the hard to break. You might want to try contacting USPS fraud dept. Because it came through their mail serve, they might help. :)

:mad: sorry took so long to get back to you but, I was in the process of getting an equity loan for the amount that I lost. Donot cash any checks, make sure the bank is aware of the check prior to depositing into your acct....all the emails are scams, they cannot catch them because they are overseas.....