+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you do, libs?

My stance is that Israel should pursue justice against those who attack it, and frankly, if anyone is attacked by Israel, they should have the right to attack back. I'm not siding with anyone. I believe in self defence. And if you punch someone in the face, it's idiotic to whine when they hit back. When you strike someone, whether it's the first blow or a retaliating blow, you've committed yourself to combat, and you should expect to be hit.

I'm looking at the destruction on both sides. The Lebanese have lost a lot because of this invasion, and I believe it's because Israel used tactics to deliberately involve and target them. For example, I can't understand how bombing a power plant is supposed to effect Hezbolah.

But the destruction Israel faces, though its not as wide a scale, is still horrible. Sure, not many people died from these rocket attacks, but the number of innocent people wounded is horrifying.

And I was just wondering, to the libs here, what what you do if it was your country, or better yet, your town that was hit by rockets? Would you still spout the same rhetoric?

Re: What would you do, libs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    My stance is that Israel should pursue justice against those who attack it, and frankly, if anyone is attacked by Israel, they should have the right to attack back. I'm not siding with anyone. I believe in self defence. And if you punch someone in the face, it's idiotic to whine when they hit back. When you strike someone, whether it's the first blow or a retaliating blow, you've committed yourself to combat, and you should expect to be hit.

I'm looking at the destruction on both sides. The Lebanese have lost a lot because of this invasion, and I believe it's because Israel used tactics to deliberately involve and target them. For example, I can't understand how bombing a power plant is supposed to effect Hezbolah.

But the destruction Israel faces, though its not as wide a scale, is still horrible. Sure, not many people died from these rocket attacks, but the number of innocent people wounded is horrifying.

And I was just wondering, to the libs here, what what you do if it was your country, or better yet, your town that was hit by rockets? Would you still spout the same rhetoric?
    Israel shouldn't be there in the first place. But since they are...they should be sticking to Hezbollah targets. I mean, if the Israeli army is so great, how are the Hezbollah able to continue firing rockets towards ISrael??

Oh yeah...that's right. They're too busy blowing up civilian targets, infastructure and someone else pointed out ambulances as well.

Oh and how 'bout that power plant? I can just hear the Zionists now. "well, we ...er... got intelligence stating the Hezbollah illuminated their houses with electricity from that power plant so we had to take it out."
    Gimme a freakin' break already!

Great question Ronald

As you know I'm a liberal and if my town was hit, my first concern would be why they hit us, I would take some time to sit and ponder just why these people attacked me, after all they're human beings just like me , they have families just like me so I guess I would try to contact them so I could somehow get in touch with thier feelings and try to communicate with them ,become their friend, build a meaningful relationship so I wouldn't make them mad again

If that didn't work I would be forced to turn the other cheek, go on with my life and use it as a learning experience, in the meantime I would write a nasty letter to the UN demanding that these brutes be officially warned that they better not do this again

All we are saying is give war ....uh...I mean peace a chance

power to the people
    Last edited by franKg; 07-21-2006 at 01:35 PM.
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    Great question Ronald

As you know I'm a liberal and if my town was hit, my first concern would be why they hit us, I would take some time to sit and ponder just why these people attacked me, after all they're human beings just like me , they have families just like me so I guess I would try to contact them so I could somehow get in touch with thier feelings and try to communicate with them ,become their friend, build a meaningful relationship so I wouldn't make them mad again

If that didn't work I would be forced to turn the other cheek, go on with my life and use it as a learning experience, in the meantime I would write a nasty letter to the UN demanding that these brutes be officially warned that they better not do this again

All we are saying is give war ....uh...I mean peace a chance

power to the people
    That sarcasm was actually pretty convincing, for some reason. You had me going. Besides, you're not a lib, so the question doesn't apply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    Israel shouldn't be there in the first place. But since they are...they should be sticking to Hezbollah targets. I mean, if the Israeli army is so great, how are the Hezbollah able to continue firing rockets towards ISrael??

Oh yeah...that's right. They're too busy blowing up civilian targets, infastructure and someone else pointed out ambulances as well.

Oh and how 'bout that power plant? I can just hear the Zionists now. "well, we ...er... got intelligence stating the Hezbollah illuminated their houses with electricity from that power plant so we had to take it out."
    I totally agree. I don't know why they chose to take out places they didn't have to.

So you're saying perform airstrikes on...

Oh, crap, I understand why they hit the damn power plant. I understand why they did it now. They want Lebanon to evacuate. Keeping the power plant would encourage people to stay.

They want as many people out of the country because they're going to begin a giant land assault, and they're going to crush Hezbolah in one, dramatic fell swoop.

Well, as long as Israel doesn't occupy Lebanon afterwards and compensates for damage - we can rebuild our own stuff, we'd just need the funds to do it. Okay, I guess we can live with this. I don't know any Lebanese who have any love for Hezbolah. I'm actually interested to see what kind of economic boom Lebanon would have if it wasn't occupied by Syria or Hezbolah. Should be interesting.

Okay, conservatives, I'll lay off the criticism for a bit, but Israel had better start communicating to the world better about what the hell it's doing. You people here in this forum should explain better what the liberals are doing, and please refrain from using the word "terrorist", which by now has lost all meaning.

TheWorker Guest

Bombing a power plant or a an airport has the same effect that bombing Baghdad and Kabuls airports/infrastructures. If the government that shelters and/or does nothing to contain and disarm terrorist groups that openly admit to conducting terrorirism, then the country as a whole suffers.

It stinks, its very wasteful (especially in the US case when we have to go in after and build schools and new power plants and all the other crap we waste money on in Iraq when we need it here in our own country), it causes lots of civililan problems, but apparently that seems to be the new strategy used to fight a country that does nothing to curb terrorist activities insie their won borders that is then carried outside their broders.

Control your own country or be controlled, that sounds about right....

Thats the tactic employed, not saying if its right or wrong.

Oh and as a semi-Lib my answer to your question is i would encourage my military to do soemthing about it and #$%^ s.h.i.t. up on whoever was launching those rockets, regardless of whether or not they landed in an empty field or not. Cant get off the hook cuase your aim sucks.

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb

Rawb what was your stance on 2001 when the US took out Afganistans infrastructure because their government refused to curb terrorist growth within its borders??? What was your stance when the US took out Bagdhad airport and its power plants to cripple saddam before invading???

What was your stance when the US finally got that Zarqawi bastardo , but killed three women in the process???

If you dont want trouble, dont start it...simple.

Why should the Lebanese fight a losing war that isn't even their's? Think about it. Let me set up a hypothetical for you.

You're person A. Person B hurts person C. You don't like Person B, but he's bigger than you. So you ignore person B and just go about your business. And person B ignores you, luckily.

Why the hell do you have to go pick on person A who doesn't have sh-t all to do with the situation? This isn't even Person A's business. We just happen to live near Person B and C who are too retarded to get along. Person A just wishes there were more people like Person A, people who mind their own business and don't blow things up.

TheWorker Guest

Why should the Lebanese fight a losing war that isn't even their's? Think about it. Let me set up a hypothetical for you.

You're person A. Person B hurts person C. You don't like Person B, but he's bigger than you. So you ignore person B and just go about your business. And person B ignores you, luckily.

Why the hell do you have to go pick on person A who doesn't have sh-t all to do with the situation? This isn't even Person A's business. We just happen to live near Person B and C who are too retarded to get along. Person A just wishes there were more people like Person A, people who mind their own business and don't blow things up.

Happen to live near??? Go about your business??? Thats not really fitting.

Here a better example. Texans are really into fighting with Mexicocause they hate them for whatever reason. O actually this is quite fitting. Texas is pissed that they could have had more land when they succeeded from Mexico, so they have always hated the Mexicans Theyre always launching rockets into Mexican towns, never hitting anythign cuase theyre dumb as crap, but nonetheless they are launching killing machines across borders into a neighboring sovereign nation. The US governemnt as a whole, ignoring and unable to follow UN resolutions that call for the government to control the Texans and police the border with national Army soldiers, not local ranchers with shotguns, dont do anythign about those Texans and sooner or later, Mexico decides enough is enough and they invade to stop the local guerillas that the national government lets do whatever they please.

Would Mexico be wrong to start attacking the US???

TheWorker Guest

how would you recommend going about controlling person B??? Its clear Person A, who SHOULD have control over Person B cant, so what do you do???

I guess thats the tough question here. Obviously the US and Isreal think they can hold whoever is supposed to be controlling Peron B responsible for their actions, even if they are not really controlling them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    how would you recommend going about controlling person B??? Its clear Person A, who SHOULD have control over Person B cant, so what do you do???

I guess thats the tough question here. Obviously the US and Isreal think they can hold whoever is supposed to be controlling Peron B responsible for their actions, even if they are not really controlling them.
    I can tell you how Person A feels about all this - neutral. Person A is basically scratching their head, watching Person B and C duke it out, thinking they're a bunch of idiots. Person A decides "screw that, I've got better things to do", and they basically just start building things.

It's incredible to me what a gem Beirut was before the civil war. It's incredible to me that Lebanon, before that war, had an Olympic team. They were actually competing with the world's best.

I used to go to my grandparent's house, and they had this Arabic television station, and you would laugh your ass off if you saw this, but they had Arabic music videos. There is a celebrity pop culture there that is imitating the west.

Person A, or the Lebanese, at least in the north, had night clubs. You could have one hell of a night out on the town there. You would love to take a vacation to this place. Awesome food, awesome culture, and pretty prosperous in some places. I remember visiting Tripoli, and I was shocked. I was 10 at the time, and I thought of Lebanon as being a bunch of poor villages, but not so.

My point is stop taking it out on Person A that they didn't die in a failing attempt to take out Hezbolah. Person A happens to be gladly stepping out of your way at the moment so you can get rid of person B who we never liked or had anything in common with anyway.

They're the guys that blow things up, and we're the guys who build things. Period.

Happen to live near??? Go about your business??? Thats not really fitting.

Here a better example. Texans are really into fighting with Mexicocause they hate them for whatever reason. O actually this is quite fitting. Texas is pissed that they could have had more land when they succeeded from Mexico, so they have always hated the Mexicans Theyre always launching rockets into Mexican towns, never hitting anythign cuase theyre dumb as crap, but nonetheless they are launching killing machines across borders into a neighboring sovereign nation. The US governemnt as a whole, ignoring and unable to follow UN resolutions that call for the government to control the Texans and police the border with national Army soldiers, not local ranchers with shotguns, dont do anythign about those Texans and sooner or later, Mexico decides enough is enough and they invade to stop the local guerillas that the national government lets do whatever they please.

Would Mexico be wrong to start attacking the US???
    Your analogy doesn't work. See, in your analogy, the government is much, MUCH stronger than Texas. But in the Lebanese situation, Texas is in charge. Texas is much, much stronger than the government, and the day the government decides to mess with Texas, Texas squishes them.

You have this idea that the Lebanese have an army that compares to Hezbolah. They don't. The Lebanese have a much, much tinier army.

My uncle is an admiral in that army, and I have his business card which contains his hotmail address. That's how pathetic the Lebanese army is, just to clue you in.

A little history lesson here - Hezbolah is a fierce enemy. They're so fierce, they BEAT Israel in the last civil war, even when America was arming them to the teeth. So what do you expect the Lebanese government to do about them?

TheWorker Guest

Your analogy doesn't work. See, in your analogy, the government is much, MUCH stronger than Texas. But in the Lebanese situation, Texas is in charge. Texas is much, much stronger than the government, and the day the government decides to mess with Texas, Texas squishes them.

You have this idea that the Lebanese have an army that compares to Hezbolah. They don't. The Lebanese have a much, much tinier army.

My uncle is an admiral in that army, and I have his business card which contains his hotmail address. That's how pathetic the Lebanese army is, just to clue you in.

A little history lesson here - Hezbolah is a fierce enemy. They're so fierce, they BEAT Israel in the last civil war, even when America was arming them to the teeth. So what do you expect the Lebanese government to do about them?
    ok so who is to blame for a countrys government being weaker than some Abdullahs in the south of that country???? ANSWER---their government, people, country....EVERYONE in that country!!!!! Hezbollah would not be in control without the suport of the people.

This isnt like Saddam controlling everyone and everything with an iron fist, these Hezbollah sheiks and whoever else runs the show in Lebanon are supported by their people, lebanese citizens. If they werent, they wouldnt be as strong and the governemnt and its national army would be in control. The people really are to blame for hezbollah and therefore the people really are the targets in essence.

i think your point proves why their country is getting pummelled right now.

TheWorker Guest

so going back to how you said my analogy doesnt fit....

So say it does mirror exactly and Texas really is strogner than the US government, would you blame Mexico for attacking this country to either make the US curb Texans actions or to destroy Texas completely???

ok so who is to blame for a countrys government being weaker than some Abdullahs in the south of that country???? ANSWER---their government, people, country....EVERYONE in that country!!!!! Hezbollah would not be in control without the suport of the people.

This isnt like Saddam controlling everyone and everything with an iron fist, these Hezbollah sheiks and whoever else runs the show in Lebanon are supported by their people, lebanese citizens. If they werent, they wouldnt be as strong and the governemnt and its national army would be in control. The people really are to blame for hezbollah and therefore the people really are the targets in essence.

i think your point proves why their country is getting pummelled right now.
    If my people support Hezbolah, than explain why many of my people are enlisted in the Israeli army?

You think my grandfather gives a sh-t about Hezbolah? That he's done anything to support them?

You're an idiot. The only reason you're saying that crap about the people supporting Hezbolah is so you can justify the murder of hundreds of Lebanese civilians via airstrike, and the devastating impact this has on this economy. So stop making assumptions and face up to the truth. There are innocent people who don't have anything to do with this who have a lot to lose here. So shut up and get on with this damn invasion, already. Stop trying to condemn a people who already buttf-cked as it is, you moron.

so going back to how you said my analogy doesnt fit....

So say it does mirror exactly and Texas really is strogner than the US government, would you blame Mexico for attacking this country to either make the US curb Texans actions or to destroy Texas completely???
    The way you've phrased it, yes, I would blame Mexico for attacking THE COUNTRY! The problem is Texas, not Utah. Not New York.

Blaming the Lebanese government for not fighting Hezbolah is like telling some kid in grade four he deserves whatever he gets because he didn't challenge his dad who abuses his mother to a fist fight.

I know you're probably listening to a lot of right-wing rhetoric that says the Lebanese are getting what they deserve, but if you just talked to someone who is Lebanese, and not me because I've lived in Canada most of my life, then you'd be better informed. Don't automatically take their word for it.