+ Reply to Thread

To All who get fake ck/mo in the mail...

It's really simple. Anytime you get a check, money order, or anything like that in the mail, here's what you do. You verify it with the issuer. If it's a Western Union Money Order, call Western Union. If it's a postal money order, call your local post office, and ask for the phone number to verify money orders. If it's a check, google the bank that issued it, and call them with the ABA and routing numbers on the bottom of the check. So far, I've gotten fake WU money orders, fake postal money orders, and fake checks, and since I check all of them first, I never got screwed. Plus, I don't use bank accounts. I don't deposit anything to a bank account. I take it to the issuer to be cashed. If there's a problem, they'll let me know, and it allows me to cash it instantly, instead of having to wait. People, anytime anybody sends you a payment in the mail, verify it first! Otherwise, you'll be : and :2gunsfiring_v1:. Check it out first, and you'll be :blunt::blunt:

Re: To All who get fake ck/mo in the mail...

Why is that so hard for people to realize? No one is just going to send you money for nothing and not in those large amounts. (I have gotten some of those checks in the mail for 2 and 3 thousand dollars. And the letter was mailed from Canada which I thought was strange in itself.) Only if you know you have done a job for them and are expecting payment. Just my own experience! If anyone else did not have that then good for you!! People want to tear your head off for your own opinion now a days! Good Advice!! yb:
    Disgusted with scams! :zx11pissed:

That's right, IAMSOTS, no one pays you for doing nothing, and nobody's going to ever send you a *real* check or MO as a cash advance for work. 99.9999% of the time, it's total BS. One of the latest scams with WU MO's is the crook somehow washes them, and changes the date and amount. They actually look pretty convincing, until you call WU and they tell you that the info they have for that MO doesn't match what you have. The fake Postal ones look kind of convincing too. These things have all the foils/holos and everything. So, when in doubt, make the calls, or you'll end up separated from your money, and arrested. :sun_smiley:

I really do not like that email. Your payday might have delayed a bit and then you get such a mail. You might be tempted to try and use the check which is just stupid.