+ Reply to Thread

cancelling free trials instantly

i'm a newbie trying to get a plasma from onlinerewardcenter.com. i'm trying to do these offers the cheapest way possible. i'm starting with the 14 day free trial of rhapsody. i was wondering...if i cancel my subscription immediately after sending my credit card info, will i still get credit for this offer?
    Also, if anyone has already done this, which offers did you find to be the easiest and/or cheapest?

If I am reiterating questions already answered, I'm sorry and request a link to the answers.

Re: cancelling free trials instantly

Quote Originally Posted by jrey1986
    i'm a newbie trying to get a plasma from onlinerewardcenter.com. i'm trying to do these offers the cheapest way possible. i'm starting with the 14 day free trial of rhapsody. i was wondering...if i cancel my subscription immediately after sending my credit card info, will i still get credit for this offer?
    Also, if anyone has already done this, which offers did you find to be the easiest and/or cheapest?

If I am reiterating questions already answered, I'm sorry and request a link to the answers.
    No, actually you have to become a paying member of Rhapsody.
    801-316-0555

Do you really think they'll "play ball" with you after you've ****ed them over?

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    Do you really think they'll "play ball" with you after you've ****ed them over?
    Even though you hate the *Freebies*...you are right here.

I understand trying to get your gift as cheaply as possible, but use some common sense. Not only will you potentially raise some red-flags for your own account if you immediately cancel, but doing so is detrimental to the freebie scene as a whole. You don't have to keep everything you order, but returning EVERYTHING and trying to get refunds on free trials is a crappy thing to do and ruins this hobby for the rest of us. You're going to get a $1500 TV and you aren't willing to spend a least 10-15% of that amount to do it?

It's a Golden Goose people!! Let's try not to kill it!!!

Ahhh, this is why I dont ever come to SCAM anymore, these people drive me nuts!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slobis
    I understand trying to get your gift as cheaply as possible, but use some common sense. Not only will you potentially raise some red-flags for your own account if you immediately cancel, but doing so is detrimental to the freebie scene as a whole. You don't have to keep everything you order, but returning EVERYTHING and trying to get refunds on free trials is a crappy thing to do and ruins this hobby for the rest of us. You're going to get a $1500 TV and you aren't willing to spend a least 10-15% of that amount to do it?

It's a Golden Goose people!! Let's try not to kill it!!!

Ahhh, this is why I dont ever come to SCAM anymore, these people drive me nuts!!!!
    I've kept AOL and Rhapsody for a long time. The other crap I'm not so sure. But, I think I did good. I did pay at least 15-25% for all of my freebies. These newbies drive me nuts the most. At least the seasoned vets understand all of the ins and outs of the business, and reduce their dishonesty, as opposed to the newbies who think they can get all this free stuff by "tricking" the freebie sites. Those of you who think you're slick, you're not, everybody tried "tricking" these sites before, and it won't work anymore. And if it does work, it will be your last time.
    801-316-0555

Quote Originally Posted by box86rowh
    Even though you hate the *Freebies*...you are right here.
    I am a moderator. I read as many threads as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    I am a moderator. I read as many threads as possible.
    I was saying that you are correct, not wondering why you were reading!

Quote Originally Posted by jrey1986

Dear newbie trying to get a plasma,

The best way to do this is get on any brand electronics store, make sure no one is watching you, grab one of those floor display models, hold on to it tight, and run like the devil in the flesh is chasing you.

Now, if want to get a plasma for a fraction of the cost, onlinerewardcenter.com is the perfect site. It will cost you around $350, but is a heck of a deal, no electronics store is able to give you that price, and you'll avoid the risk of getting arrested.

I know there are ethics involved with this whole freebie concept, so I agree mostly with what the previous posters have said. However, I would also suggest that you follow their T&C to a "T". If they say that you can cancel after a certain amount of days, then they are extending that offer to you because they believe it to be fair. Otherwise, their T&C wouldn't have that included.

I'm pretty sure that none of the offers will get counted as completed if you cancel immediately after submitting, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. Some offers have a certain time limit "hold" for completion credit. For instance, an AOL offer I did had a 7-day hold meaning that i had to stay signed up for 7 days in order to receive credit. After that, I was free to cancel with no further obligations. There might be a similar stipulation for your Rhapsody membership. Again, read the T&C.

On the other hand, if for some weird reason their T&C say that you can cancel at any time after the order is placed and you will also receive offer completion credit, then there shouldn't be any reason for you to wait to cancel. Sometimes the T&C require a small purchase and sometimes they don't. Again, the fairness and ethics that we all need to operate within is stated in each company's T&C. If we follow those, then the company has no right to be upset at us. In return we get a lot of free stuff.

Sound good?
    Last edited by caseyimac; 07-22-2006 at 01:46 AM.

What would possess someone to signup for a offer and immediately cancel. Have you no moral being in yourself or you just want the freebie scene to go 6 feet under? This is why I hate morons.

Personal gain at the cost of others... So, if I also cancelled immediately, yet still got charged, where does that place me on the flame list?
    Received:

EFG - Nintendo DS
    GC - Wii (check)

Just try out the offers, see if you like them, which you may like Blockbuster of Netflix, and decide from there. Im not tring to flame anyone, I just want people to think about what there doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsong
    Personal gain at the cost of others... So, if I also cancelled immediately, yet still got charged, where does that place me on the flame list?
    I hope you're not trying to justify the unreasonable!...
    Please understand that doing these sort of moves is what made all freebie sites get tough about requirements and extra offers.

In the end, you will cancel, yet still get charged, and later receive your gift, you'll be happy and the sponsors will too... everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy5768
    Just try out the offers, see if you like them, which you may like Blockbuster of Netflix, and decide from there. Im not tring to flame anyone, I just want people to think about what there doing.
    Blockbuster Online has an edge over Netflix: You get 4 free rentals (1 per week) at your local Blockbuster store as part of your membership. An average rental is about $4, so $16 of the $17 or so monthly cost is recouped immediately. There is a surprisingly good selection. I did this offer a year ago with the intent of cancelling it as soon as the gift arrived, but ended up keeping it because my family really likes it.

The same went for Columbia House DVD, BMG Music, and YourMusic.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGoose
    Blockbuster Online has an edge over Netflix: You get 4 free rentals (1 per week) at your local Blockbuster store as part of your membership. An average rental is about $4, so $16 of the $17 or so monthly cost is recouped immediately. There is a surprisingly good selection. I did this offer a year ago with the intent of cancelling it as soon as the gift arrived, but ended up keeping it because my family really likes it.

The same went for Columbia House DVD, BMG Music, and YourMusic.
    My family loves it also. We've been a member for almost a year now. Its the best offer ive ever done.