+ Reply to Thread

United American Insurance

Is this a scam? I received in my email, sounds like bs:

Subject: Confidential Information For Recipient Only

We are holding onto your resume in hope that you contact us soon, because you could be missing out on a promising job opportunity. This position has high earning potential, and we believe you are a good candidate for this immediate opening in your area.

We provide quality leads, a high renewal rate and generous commission. New Field Representatives and Unit Managers earn up to $100,000 or more a year, and we believe in rewarding quickly based on results. Remember, there is always the opportunity for advancement at United American.

Please CLICK HERE to find out more about the position we may have available for you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

John Gore
    Senior Vice President, Branch Office Division
    United American Insurance Company
    3700 S. Stonebridge Drive
    McKinney, TX 75070

P.S. You received this E-mail because you responded to our ad or placed your resume on one of the internet job boards. To unsubscribe from future E-mails follow the link below.

We would like to keep you updated on exciting job opportunities at United American; we will continue to alert you when we have openings at our local offices.
    Click here. to unsubscribe from further communication regarding job opportunities at United American.
    Please allow two to three business days for the removal process of your E-mail address to be complete.
    United American Insurance Company * 3700 S Stonebridge Drive * McKinney TX 75070

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct@torchmarkcorp.com.

Re: United American Insurance

These Clowns Please, I Rather Take My Chances With Other Companis,,, Hey Visit The Web...

Quote Originally Posted by value
    These Clowns Please, I Rather Take My Chances With Other Companis,,, Hey Visit The Web...
    Why do you consider this company a scam, I was contacted for a manager training job, is this like axtran solutions and too spoiled?

Sorry, I was talking about American Income Insurance (they are on the same sales page from join-our-sales-team.com.
    Last edited by borisf96; 12-29-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    Sorry, I was talking about American Income Insurance (they are on the same sales page from join-our-sales-team.com.
    They do belong to the same corporation though.

I checked United American recruitment page. They do not look like MLM(American Income Insurance), but their compensation structure is similar to American Income Insurance one. I have not seen mention of base salary for their agents. Everything is on comissions. Nothing is wrong with that, but you got be be good at sales.

This is another Subsiduary of Torchmark, just lile American Income. Beware! See American Income thread(s) for mor info

I have received the same email. They were described to me as a debit company but it seems they are also changing to a regular insurance company. Debit company's are the one where the agent had to go out and collect the premiums monthly. I can't say whether they are legitimate or not but I get an email form them every couple of days it seems.

This may be a recruiting deal where the emailer gets a few bucks for every warm body that shows up for the interview. I know that bankers life has started offering people money to get them bodies for their interviews.
    Last edited by exbankersagent; 03-31-2007 at 02:54 AM. Reason: added info

As with anything in life there is no easy road to anything. Any company promising six figures a year is probobly talking about an elite few who make that. Just realize that there are no "get rich quick" job opportunities that come in e-Mails. Yes you can make a ton of money in anything you do, but don't expect to make much at the beginning as with any job.

The biggest advice that I can give to anyone is to not pay any attention to excessivly large income numbers or bonuses that a company offers. Yes they are obtainable, but only by a select few. Most people, in any line of work, will make less than $40,000 their first few years with exceptions of course. Don't let flashy numbers lure you into any job interview or into accepting any job for that matter. Just realize that in any line of work, no matter what it is, you are not going to get rich quick and you will only succeed if you are good at what you do and you stick with it for a good long while, like 5+ years.

i too receieved an e mail...slightly different tho...i finally called and set up an interview...since i dont have a licence to sell insurance they want me to take some sort of class that lasts a week and then take a test. the class is 284 dollars. i was going to do it but i dont have the money, and my boyfriend did some searches and found this site and told me to check it out...how are the people in this company making money, on stock market and have been around for this long if they are not real...help!!! I dont know who to believe....

UA will bring you in for the interview and tell you you'll make a 6 figure income. In fairness, there are those that do.
    What the co. doesn't tell you is how much you will SPEND !! You are required to see customers in person, no matter where in the state they are. You can conceivably drive for 5 hours for a "let me think about it".

I know that is the risk of sales and commission only jobs, but what got me was the emphasis so much on recruitment, and very little on retention and/or mentoring.

I left UA before I went broke. The gas alone ate me alive. All expenses are on your dime.

I heard a rumor that the co. was going all electronic, whereby agents would be required to have lap top computers. I priced lap top computers, and folks, they are a lot higher than the calculators you can find in discount stores for $1. (Again the agent's expense).

Also, if a customer's check is bad or if he or she cancels, it goes against the
    agent. (An easy way of saying it is the AGENT'S FAULT !!)

Now, the folks in the co. will tell you that the policies "sell themselves". They do not. It takes work, but it also takes money.

If you can afford to be away from a steady paycheck for weeks at a time, then this is the job for you.

if you can't afford to be without a paycheck, especially in these times, then I would recommend doing something else.

The expenses are what I couldn't handle, ths, this "job" was the most stressful time of my life.

Incidentally, you are not employed by UA, rather, you are an independent
    contractor.

At first you are told that you're to "help people get affordable insurance."

Then it is all about the money.
    I'm still unclear what the co's motive
    is.

kpueblos is offline Holy Cow! I can edit this!!! User Rank

I actually worked as an agent with UA. My sup was cool, he did train me how to cold call, sell on the phone and stuff. I didn't stick that long though due to unforseable issues. (No More Gas Money. lol) :errr:

Btw, UA sells Health Insurance.