+ Reply to Thread

Internet Surveys?

I have done a bit of research on these "paid survey" type sites, I am staying clear of ones that make you pay for access to a database, and looking into the free ones. My question is, are any of these actual surveys, or are the majority of them links to "free" offers?
    I know doing surveys is not quick cash, and i am willing to do actual work to get paid for the survey. But that is what I am interested in doing, real surveys, not being reffered to try out Blockbuster online for "free", but still requiring my credit card info. If anyone has a good list of survey sites, it would be much apreciated.

Re: Internet Surveys?

Most of the lists include the junk sites (sites that want you to do offers) because the website owner can get paid for referring to those sites as well as the legit sites. The sites that want you to do "offers" are NOT true survey sites. There is a legitimate and free list of survey companies (does not include the junk sites) on my website. (click on the link in my profile) you are welcome to use it, if you visit the message board you will also find a lot people who are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to taking surveys.

I have a list of about 155 survey/focus group/product testing sites. It took a lot of weeding out to get down to the legit ones. PM me if you want me to send it to you.

So far, my favorite survey site is Keynote Research. They pay in $10 amazon gift certificates. I've made $70 already this year.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyhurst
    I have a list of about 155 survey/focus group/product testing sites. It took a lot of weeding out to get down to the legit ones. PM me if you want me to send it to you.

So far, my favorite survey site is Keynote Research. They pay in $10 amazon gift certificates. I've made $70 already this year.
    I use gozing - couldnt tell you what I have made because i dont do them often enough and my work banned their site, but I did do about 7 surveys in one day once and then, 3 months later, about 15 bucks showed up in my paypal account. They are legit.

Keynote, Stanford, Pinecone, CLER are all great. There are tons of great survey companies. The only concern with gozing right now is that they were bought by another company who is notorious for long surveys and slow payment. They do pay but as you noticed it took 3 months for payment. That does drive some of us a little insane :) Most companies pay within 4-6 weeks which is pretty standard.
    Again, you can sign up with the above companies and other legitimate survey sites on my website (link in my profile). The more companies you join, the more offers you get for surveys. If you are using a different list and find yourself being asked a ton of questions that don't seem right (do you want to find out about higher education?, etc) you are probably not signing up with a legitimate survey site.

I have tried ones such as survey pro and inbox dollars and a couple others. I have found that majority of the time when offered a survey I do not qualify for the survey. Out of the 4 companies I think I have about 12 bucks built up. The down fall is I only average about 2100 email daily now lol

If you have a list of decent paying surveys I would like to get ahold of it please. Extra money is just that .

Jerry

Jerry, just click on the link in my profile. Sounds like you got caught up in a lot of "junk" survey sites as I like to call them. No one on my message board has every complained about spam, in fact they have said they have not gotten spam from the companies I have listed. I have personally signed up with each and every company I have listed to make sure it is legitimate and not a place that is looking for you to fill out offers or going to send you spam. 2100 emails a day is amazing. I can't imagine how you sort through it all. If you are at all concerned about a company you should always use a non important email address.

Today I did a $3 survey with Socratic Forums, and yesterday I did a $3 survey with Resonance Research. Both were pretty short. I've missed out on 2 opportunities in the last week for a $3-$8 survey with IOCS (they were filled up by the time I clicked the link). I also have failed to qualify for several $2 surveys with the Brand Institute. I'm not getting rich, but I'm happy to take any money I can get :).

I've been getting a ton of emails from those paid to click sites lately. In the past week, I've made about $1.00 on one of them. I started out getting about 30 emails a day, then 50. Imagine my shock to wake up to 115 of them this morning. I figured out that the key to getting a ton of emails is to do more than the single required click. For instance, in those search engine sites, always do at least one search and click on the first 2 results returned.
    Last edited by spookyhurst; 07-23-2006 at 06:36 AM.

In order to make a reasonable supplemental income with surveys (say, a few hundred dollars a month), you will first need to be registered with as many survey companies as possible. Then, you will need to sift through hundreds of emails each day to find surveys worth taking. :D

"sifting" through the surveys to find the ones you feel are worth it will just mean that you miss out on a lot of good paying surveys. The ones they send in the emails are screeners and most often do no offer a monetary reward. You have to take the screener and qualify for the study to make money and get into product trials. In the beginning you also need to take ALL the surveys (screeners) sent to you. This shows the companies you are serious about helping and then they start sending you the good ones.

Click on the link in my Signature.
    The list is free and at the time listed, none of the sites charged fees for joining their consumer panels. Additionally, none were intermediaries that charged fees for lists of paid survey sites.

There's one site I would disagree with on that list. ECN Research sends a lot of spam, and doesn't appear to be a real survey site. They just want you to sign up for things.

Survey networks is also horrid I would advise staying away from them as well as a couple of others on your list.

14. 11-16-2006, 11:59 AM

Reason
    FORUM VIOLATON