+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone know anything about GTI?

I keep getting emails to be a travel agent from GTI. Now, I'm thinking of joining this company. Is there some sort of red flag I should be warned about before paying any money? I was always under the impression you had to go to school to be a travel agent. Am I wrong? Please give me some insight so I can save some money if it isn't legit...

Thanks, and keep smiling :D :cool:

Re: Does anyone know anything about GTI?

GTI Be very carefull a friend of mine got screwed with it...........

Quote Originally Posted by Sassything
    I keep getting emails to be a travel agent from GTI. Now, I'm thinking of joining this company. Is there some sort of red flag I should be warned about before paying any money? I was always under the impression you had to go to school to be a travel agent. Am I wrong? Please give me some insight so I can save some money if it isn't legit...

Hey sassy. I would stay away from GTI. I get work at home travel agent emails alot as well. The red flag is: paying for a job. Never pay for a job! A job is supposed to pay you. Yes, schooling for travel agent is the way to go. Save your $$$$. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the advice...... I'm just so tired of running into walls, banging my head, and loosing money. All just to find a reputable work at home job! LOL... go figure! :D

Thanks for the advice...... I'm just so tired of running into walls, banging my head, and loosing money. All just to find a reputable work at home job! LOL... go figure! :D

Yeah, I've been there and done that! 4 years of trying to find a legit workathome job. There are so many people out there that would love to work at home. But the problem is: the internet is loaded with scum who are scamming people every day. 99.9% work at home jobs are scams! It's a damn shame! Think about how much money you could save on gas these days, and lunch. I lost money on scams as well. And the things i hate the most are MLM's and pyramid schemes where they tell you that you can make $10,000 to $30,000 a month with minimal effort, anyone can do it!! Those are bold faced lies. And I hate recruit recruit recruit!!!! upline/dowline, sign people up. I despise them! :mad: For one thing, you're not gonna make $$ on those scams. The top 2 or 3 promoting the scams make the money and give you false promises.

This is a really cool forum here. There are really cool people on hear that hate scams as much as I do. But watch out for the few morons on here that will try to spam you into recruiting you in their downline and begging you to pay them money for their scam.

Best of luck to you :)
    Last edited by Unlucky36; 07-19-2006 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    Yeah, I've been there and done that! 4 years of trying to find a legit workathome job. There are so many people out there that would love to work at home. But the problem is: the internet is loaded with scum who are scamming people every day. 99.9% work at home jobs are scams! It's a damn shame! Think about how much money you could save on gas these days, and lunch. I lost money on scams as well. And the things i hate the most are MLM's and pyramid schemes where they tell you that you can make $10,000 to $30,000 a month with minimal effort, anyone can do it!! Those are bold faced lies. And I hate recruit recruit recruit!!!! upline/dowline, sign people up. I despise them! :mad: For one thing, you're not gonna make $$ on those scams. The top 2 or 3 promoting the scams make the money and give you false promises.

This is a really cool forum here. There are really cool people on hear that hate scams as much as I do. But watch out for the few morons on here that will try to spam you into recruiting you in their downline and begging you to pay them money for their scam.

Best of luck to you :)
    OH MY GOSH!!!! I am sooooooo with you on the MLM'S and pyramid schemes! I hate them with a passion! And I don't think much of anyone who tries to push them on me or anyone else saying how WONDERFUL they are. :eek: Then you have the people who are in denial. "This isn't a MLM! There's no upline or downline." But in the same breath their saying "and if you get 3 people under you, you will make profits off of their sales, and if they get 3 people under them? You will get X amount of money just for your 3 people signing up their 3 people, PLUS!!!!! You will make money off of their sales" Now you can tell me if I'm wrong, but that's STILL MLM or a pyramid.

And I have to agree with you on the fact that this is an awsome site! I am sooooo glad that I came across it and joined it. I have found out that 99.9% of all the sites that I was looking at for income was a scam. I'm also glad that there is zero tolerance for those who try to push their scams/spams on this site also. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for those who find a site that they think might be legit, and mention it and tell you to check it out. But there was one here I think was banned for a scheme where you have 6 dollars in your paypal account then you send 1 dollar to 6 different people, the you send the same list of people minus one while adding your name to the list and so on and so forth.... I was soooooooo glad to see that person was banned! Talk about BOGUS!!!!

Thanks and keep smiling! :D

OH MY GOSH!!!! I am sooooooo with you on the MLM'S and pyramid schemes! I hate them with a passion! And I don't think much of anyone who tries to push them on me or anyone else saying how WONDERFUL they are. :eek: Then you have the people who are in denial. "This isn't a MLM! There's no upline or downline." But in the same breath their saying "and if you get 3 people under you, you will make profits off of their sales, and if they get 3 people under them? You will get X amount of money just for your 3 people signing up their 3 people, PLUS!!!!! You will make money off of their sales" Now you can tell me if I'm wrong, but that's STILL MLM or a pyramid.

And I have to agree with you on the fact that this is an awsome site! I am sooooo glad that I came across it and joined it. I have found out that 99.9% of all the sites that I was looking at for income was a scam. I'm also glad that there is zero tolerance for those who try to push their scams/spams on this site also. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for those who find a site that they think might be legit, and mention it and tell you to check it out. But there was one here I think was banned for a scheme where you have 6 dollars in your paypal account then you send 1 dollar to 6 different people, the you send the same list of people minus one while adding your name to the list and so on and so forth.... I was soooooooo glad to see that person was banned! Talk about BOGUS!!!!

That paypal chainletter scam is posted at least a few times a week. That's the dumbest and illegal.

Welcome to the forum by the way :) Speaking of MLM pyramid scams. The words I hate the most is: Recruit Recruit Recruit!! Dowline/Upline, Refer, sign up, and comission! A very hot topic that makes me vomit!

Glad to have you on here.

That paypal chainletter scam is posted at least a few times a week. That's the dumbest and illegal.

Welcome to the forum by the way :) Speaking of MLM pyramid scams. The words I hate the most is: Recruit Recruit Recruit!! Dowline/Upline, Refer, sign up, and comission! A very hot topic that makes me vomit!

Glad to have you on here.
    Thanks Unlucky, I really don't feel like near the fool I did before I started to visit scam.com. I always thought it was just me. Anyway, I'm glad I found this website, and I'm glad I got to chat with you. It was nice meeting you.

First off, I want to say I love this site! I check this site if anyone tries to recruit me into a business. The one thing I do disagree on with this posting is that MLM is different from pyramid schemes. MLM is not for everyone, and actually I kinda of enjoy it (only if it seems like a good business). I know I joined a business here in Texas that was to get people to switch energy providers and then you get 3 associates to do the same and so forth. I did end up making 798 dollars off of it, but I decided to leave it be since too many people were out there recruiting and the market got saturated. That is the only problem I have with legit MLMs. I am not here to argue or disagree with anyone, but I do think that legit MLMs are okay. Thanks for all the good info. I am sure I will post more from now on.

Thanks,
    Nick

I would suggest you stay away from GTI. I just cancelled my membership with them. You have to sign a year contract with them and you don't get paid your commissions until the people complete their vacation. I think their vacations were too expensive and you can find them for cheaper from other travel websites. I was with them for a year and didn't make a dime and I did everything you were supposed to do.

Hey sassy. I would stay away from GTI. I get work at home travel agent emails alot as well. The red flag is: paying for a job. Never pay for a job! A job is supposed to pay you. Yes, schooling for travel agent is the way to go. Save your $$$$. Good luck. :)
    Never pay for a job!

What do you call college!? Or a trade school!? I haven't seen too many of those around for FREE!

"The worst day in a man's life is when he sits down and begins thinking about how he can get something for nothing."

--Thomas Jefferson
    The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing.

~Michael E. Gerber
    I'd think long and hard before I took someones advice that went by the handle "Unlucky"!

Good luck to you, do your homework!

Due diligence starts with YOU!

Click here to help expose illegal scams!;

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/MLM_DUE_DILIGENCE.html

Know the difference between a good NWM company and bad. It's fairly easy once you know how!

:D

Kerry

GTI is a real legit Company

Hey everyone, I'm itting here reading all these blogs. GTI owns a company called Traverus Travel and NO it's not fake. I live here in Los Angeles and and make $4,700 a month doing this alone. (as well as my full time job) The problem is too many people are LAZY. You have to get out their and hustle you cant just sit at home and think you will make money. You have to meet and greet, network, call people. Business doesnt come to you, YOU have to go get it. It's a simple mtrix system. Companis use matrix systems all the time for marketing people!!! Marketing costs millions and millions a year so they offer money too people pushing their product. Even fortune 500 companies use the matrix system. You can NOT exppect to make cash sittig on your butt doing nothing. You still hve to hustle and work hard. If anyone has questions. Go to my link and call me directly on my cell phone.

joshlang.traverustravelnetwok.com

THIS IS NOT SCAM OR FRAUD!
    Last edited by kendolljosh; 05-20-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: mispelled word

Traverus travel is NOT a MLM, RTC, CRTA. You do have to take a test to complete and get your number. They are an agency, nothing else. Is the matrix system in use with these guys? YES, but it's all marketing and YES you get paid. I get paid and also receive a 10-99 form for my taxes from them. It's simple. No you should not be getting spam emails in your computer cause thats wrong and those are the people who are lazy and spam everyone. You have to meet people, talk to them, call them. Not just think their gonna sign up for nothing. It's easy you sign one person up under you, you recieve a $60 check that week, then your recieve a $10 check every month for that person under you. If the person under you gets (lets say 100 people) you DO NOT get the $60 check but a $1,000 dollar check. 10*100=1,000. To get the bgger money you have to personally pull in people yourself, if yo do not YES you make money but only $10 a person. And you will be an independant agent and have to pay taxes quarterly. This company is backed by American Express and other huge companies. They dont operate like a traditional pyramid scheme. If you lie or promote bogus statements then you will be fired from the company. And NO ou don't have to take a vacation or have people take vacations to get paid. Thats a BOLD FACE LIE! Once you sign people up you get paid. There is also a real office with real people and real checks that pay you from real banks. Either people are mixed up with another company but this on is as clean as they come and I have had no problems. I work with a fortune 50 company selling Life Insurance and annuities and I had to take a 52 hour class. You have to take a test here as well. Contact me if you have any questions.

joshlang.traverustravelnetwork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sassything View Post

GTI is a complete scam
    1. First they do nothing for you. All they really push is you getting them more travel agents to sign up (MLM)
    2. They do not do anything themselves. Most reservations are done directly through TRAVELOCITY with an added fee and increased price.
    3. They start by taking 1/2 the commission and once you sell between $100,000 and $200,000 in travel they start to increase the commission. And they only pay if your commission is above $50 which means you have to sell at least $2000.00 to get anything
    4. Even if you directly book a package (ie you do not use them rather you directly book with DISNEY) they still want a $19.95 -$29.00 prcessing fee for doing NOTHING. (they still take 1/2 the commission).
    5. Even when they have GIANT SALES their prices on their website are very non competitive. In 5 minutes anyone can go on the internet and find much better prices.
    If you have anymore questions just email me [email protected]

I am also trying to start an online travel agency. The more I research, the more confused I am. Does anyone know of a legit travel agent host or should I take courses and get certified? I need whatever advice you would kindly share. Has anyone ever heard of myowntravelagency.com or hometravel.com? I understand that cruise lines are now refusing to recognize "card mills". How do you know if you are associated with one of these? Help Please!