+ Reply to Thread

Opinions on AATCM's credit card surcharge

AATCM, the marketing arm behind the turbo cellphone charger, says it is assessing customers a 4 percent surcharge for using a credit card. I'd like opinions on whether this violates the credit card merchant agreements.

Here's what aatcm said in an email: When paying aaTCM via SafePay with a credit card or by e-check you will see a 4% Surcharge. Since aaTCM only operates on a 10% Margin aaTCM could not absorb the 4% for which SafePay is charging aaTCM for this service. When you really think of it the 4% is less than the price of the cost of an Over-Night letter. Never mind the fact that you just saved hours and hours to process your order. Always remember you may still send in a money order. I definitely know our aaTCM Associates in Europe, India and Asia are Ecstatic about the new Credit Card Payment System.

Re: Opinions on AATCM's credit card surcharge

Adding a credit card surcharge is their way of showing their inexperience. When they priced their products they did not take c/c surcharges into account-- which, especially online, is business management 101 and is usually built into the price -- and now they're trying to cover that, after the fact.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of any company that asks their distributors/ affiliates to buy their product up-front as aaTCM does.

When they first went into pre-launch, yeah, I signed up as an affiliate. But once I saw their marketing strategy (not to mention their prices, since the minimum purchase is $265), I bailed. I do not promote them and do not endorse them.

Any company that forces sales people to buy their product upfront is questionable, at best. I mean, what incentive does the company have to offer decent support to its affiliates?

Cheers!

Marige
    Tracker Mo's Den
    Traffic Pro List -- For A credit-based Safelist That Pays

Ya, they want money orders upfront. That is what they are saying to their poor distributors. And nobody should proudly endorse Phil Piccolo and company. Nobody should trust them with your personal information such as drivers license/passport and your social security #.

renloyx is offline Senior Scammer Molestation Expert User Rank

I dislike this company because their product is retarded. You can buy the same stupid arse charger for a couple of $ from a chinese manufacturer...
    JESUS JUICE - Newest And Bestest Christ-Centered MLM Business Opportunity. If you really really really love Jesus and money PM me for info.

I never liked the idea of a $265 minimum purchase, paid for with a money order. Eventually they did offer a credit card option, but added a 4 percent surcharge, defending it by saying they were a low-margin company.

And they also started pushing gas pills and even Magic Shower stuff.

They won't get a penny from me now.

Quote Originally Posted by ideafile
    I never liked the idea of a $265 minimum purchase, paid for with a money order. Eventually they did offer a credit card option, but added a 4 percent surcharge, defending it by saying they were a low-margin company.

And they also started pushing gas pills and even Magic Shower stuff.

They won't get a penny from me now.
    Phil Piccolo's audacity just amazes me. He is still pushing Magic Shower after all these years of failures and of taking people's money? He is pure garbage and really not much else. A human filth.

Phil has a new one now called a body charger ,wholesales at $1250 (yes)
    Anybody know what it does ?

Quote Originally Posted by peasant
    Phil has a new one now called a body charger ,wholesales at $1250 (yes)
    Anybody know what it does ?
    It chargers Phil's body with your money. :D

I like that
    Dear old Phil has announced his retirement from MLM or whatever.
    I wonder what he will cook up next?

I think this is his "retirement" www.the1995plan.com

This guys is a piece of work! Stay away from this latest con job from him

Quote Originally Posted by stopscammers
    I think this is his "retirement" www.the1995plan.com

This guys is a piece of work! Stay away from this latest con job from him
    Do you have proof that Phil is behind this 1995 plan? Anyone can make an accusation... it is entirely different to provide proof of what you're saying. I'm not inclined one way or the other... I just hate to see someone make a definitive statement such as yours and not provide anything substantial to back it up.

Absolute scam. Ordered product early June 06. Never received. Asked several times about it. When I requested a refund, never got a reply except for the "suggestion" that I take another product instead. I'm trying to be as big a pain in the ass as possible to them, but I've written it off personally.