+ Reply to Thread

Global Warming: Deep Oceans

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2165...nity-clima.htm

(another wild guess why there isn't any global warming)

Earth's temperatures will likely stabilize for a period as deep ocean waters absorb enough heat to mask the effects of global warming for up to a decade, a new study indicates.

Earth's "missing heat" has long been a mystery for climate scientists as the last decade saw an incessant growth in greenhouse gas emissions did not elevate surface temperature as much as expected.

The joint U.S.-Australian study, based on computer simulations of global climate, points to ocean layers deeper than 1,000 feet (300 meters) as the main location of the "missing heat" during periods such as the past decade when global air temperatures showed little trend.

The study conducted by scientists at the National Center for Atmosperic Research and the Bureau of Meteorology in Australia was published in the Sept. 18 issue of the journal Nature Climate Change.
    OMG, they are denying climate change - everybody! it's pitchforks and torches time!

Re: Global Warming: Deep Oceans

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2165...nity-clima.htm

(another wild guess why there isn't any global warming)

OMG, they are denying climate change - everybody! it's pitchforks and torches time!

So what you are saying is the AWG is real and the scientists models are correct. However the ocean will save us.

Funny how last week you said it was all faked up and the scientists models were lying.

Can you please make up your mind?

i didn't say anything - i am reporting what other people say. i have never been deep in the ocean and have no need to check the temperature of deep ocean.

i just keep reporting that scientists says global warming isn't happening while politicians say it is. who ya gonna believe?
    Last edited by mumbles; 09-20-2011 at 01:39 AM.

for some reason you keep missing the report:

scientists agree there has been no recent global warming and are offering explanations why there has been no warming.

of course, they don't offer the obvious explanation: their models were wrong, their conclusions were wrong, they wasted our time and money.

again: it did not happen.

for some reason you keep missing the report:

scientists agree there has been no recent global warming and are offering explanations why there has been no warming.

of course, they don't offer the obvious explanation: their models were wrong, their conclusions were wrong, they wasted our time and money.

again: it did not happen.
    Actually your article says it's not happen as much as predicted. Not that the earth is cooling, not that it didn't happen, not that Carbon isn't causing the increase. Not that it never happend.

It's just saying that it's not happening as much as predicted and they are trying to figure out why.

Long story short mumbles you have drawn huge and eronous conclusions because you don't understand even the basics of the topic.

So mumbles, in about a decade, once the oceans are warmed to the point of a reconfiguration of the undersea biomes, and the global temperatures do start to rise significantly and consistently, then will you then start worrying about climate change?

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

nature - no evidence that anything is happening in ten years. they can't tell us the weather next week, they can't forecast anything for next year . . . spending lots of money, giving up your freedom, in hopes of avoiding a problem that might happen someday makes sense to you?

this year, my electric company is forced to switch to natural gas. because it is a global warming emergency, there is no time for a gradual change to cleaner e n e r g y. since every business has to pay the electric rates, every product is more expensive. only the government employees are getting raisies to cover increased costs. obamacare is about to put one person in charge of the entire healthcare system.

the progression of this madness for the next ten years could result in a complete loss of freedom for everybody. nobody will have any transportation or food, except whatever is allowed the ruling class. no middle class - just rulers and their servants.

impossible? i think that's what life is like in egypt - the wealthy government employees and the uneducated, slaving, starving, masses. not much middle class.

i didn't understand 1984 when i first read it.

you think you are equal to the ruling class in USA? you got a limo and driver waiting outside for you like clinton or pelosi?

they don't even want you to have a car! it's the bus or train for you, peon!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25623984168940

looks like google has the whole movie online for free.
    Last edited by mumbles; 09-20-2011 at 11:05 AM.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

you think you are equal to the ruling class in USA? you got a limo and driver waiting outside for you like clinton or pelosi?

they don't even want you to have a car! it's the bus or train for you, peon!
    "they"???...who is "they"?

Democrats?....Republicans?....seems like "they" all have ties to big business. So who is "they"?

Are you actually able to think for yourself?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

hey, just tap on the tinted glass on the limo and ask them who they are and why they have a limo and driver like the queen of england and why you don't.

i am sure they will be quite happy to have their body guards take you aside and explain it to you.

hey, just tap on the tinted glass on the limo and ask them who they are and why they have a limo and driver like the queen of england and why you don't.

i am sure they will be quite happy to have their body guards take you aside and explain it to you.
    Is the Queen a member of this ruling class of USA? Odd.

Yes, the ocean is a great heat and carbon sink hole, but I don't think you can crank up millions of carbon dioxide emitting engines and not have a negative effect. Blood from a wound might be absorbed by the biggest plaster, but the wound isn't healed just by that fact. Yes, no blood in sight, but the damage is done and the wound needs treatment.