+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Atheist Leader Calls for Eradication of Christians

and Muslims.

Further evidence that atheists are the most hate-filled scumbags in earth...we at scam.com already know this, of course.

AMERICAN ATHEIST LEADER CALLS FOR THE ‘ERADICATION’ OF ‘FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANS’
    Posted on September 15, 2011 at 5:16pm by Billy Hallowell Print »Email »
    Comments (458)

American Atheists, a non-profit that claims to protect the rights of atheists and to ensure the “absolute separation of government and religion,” always seems to find itself in the middle of controversy.

As if the most recent Ground Zero cross lawsuit the group launched isn’t enough to inspire widespread angst, an explosive new blog post on the organization’s web site advocating for the “eradication” of fundamental Christians (and Islamists) is certain to make waves.

In the post, Al Stefanelli, American Atheists’ Georgia State Director, makes a bizarre connection between radical Muslims and Christians. In speaking about “fundamentalist Christian and radical Islamic doctrines,“ Stefanelli says that both are ”dangerous, damaging and disingenuous.” Throughout the blog post, he continues to create ties between these two groups, but declines to truly define them.

Aside from making this comparison, he goes on to write that “most of these people” (again referring to both fundamentalist Christians and Islamists) “lack the maturity and intelligence” to act in “a socially acceptable manner.” Many of these adherents, he believes, are “sociopaths,” “psychopaths” or simply “delusional.”

Certainly some would agree that Islamic extremists (and perhaps fringe Christian believers) are sociopaths or psychopaths, but Stefanelli’s comments are so vague it’s impossible to discern who the targets of his rage truly are. Without a clear definition of who, exactly, he’s referring to, one’s mind runs wild with wonderment.

After all, the problem of radical Christianity is – in the views of many – a non-factor here in America (“radical” here essentially means “violent” or “dangerous”). So, who are these villains that Stefanelli is so frustrated by? Radical Islam is certainly a fear in many places across the globe, but the way he speaks about it one would assume it’s knocking on his front door. In one of the most bizarre portion of his text, he writes:

The fact is that fundamentalist Christians and radical Muslims are not interested in coexisting or getting along. They have no desire for peace. They do not want to sit down with us in diplomatic efforts to iron out our differences and come to an agreement on developing an integrated society.
    They want us to die.
    He then claims that radical interpretations of the Bible and the Koran require that believers “kill the infidel,” but he provides no evidence that Christians here in America are seeking to do anything along those lines.

He encourages “mainstream believers” within both faiths to be “intolerant of fundamental Christianity and radical Islam.” Based on his writings it seems Stefanelli also takes issue with atheists and non-believers who are content accepting the beliefs of those he finds so unintellectual and radical.

It doesn’t take long for Stefanelli to take aim at conservative media and political leaders (including Glenn Beck), either. He writes:

The atheist community gets angry when we read about the antics of idiotic, ignorant and imbicillic [spelling his] politicians and celebrities like Palin, Bachmann, Beck, Limbaugh, Pawlenty and Santorum. We post our thoughts on our social networks and our blogs and try to expose these creeps for exactly what they are. Most of the GOP, just about all of the Tea Party movement and even some Democrats and Independents should be ashamed of themselves for going out in public wearing the equivalent of an intellectual diaper. We criticize them for their rejection of science in favor of their fairy tales and write our letters and support our advocate organizations when our legal rights are abrogated.
    He quickly turned up the volatility, continuing:

But the underbelly of fundamentalist Christianity and radical Islam does not operate in the legal system. They don’t respond to lawsuits, letters, amicus briefs or other grass-roots campaigns and they must, must, must be eradicated.
    Considering his group’s involvement in fighting Christians and conservatives on a variety of issues, one wonders what, exactly, he means by “eradicated.” Also, the fact that he laments believers refusal to cower to lawsuits and the like seems to show that his beliefs are rooted in a stance against a more general, non-radical American Christianity.

American Atheists most recently launched a legal complaint against a steel cross that was found at Ground Zero following the September 11 attacks (here’s a post Stefanelli wrote on the matter). According to the group (the same organization that coordinated July 4 plane banners in cities across the nation), the cross’ inclusion in the 9/11 Memorial and Museum constitutes an “impermissible mingling of church and state.”

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Re: Atheist Leader Calls for Eradication of Christ

He's not my leader - I couldn't give a rats ass about him.

You, however, are easily one of the most hate-filled scumbags on scam.com.

I suppose it wouldn't take too much time out of your day to actually look into it just a tad further.
    It is most certainly NOT a call for violence. Not once did I ever suggest that we use weapons, violence or physical contact. Not once. Nor did I say we be “mean” to them. Nor is my article aimed at a majority of believers in the world of any one specific religion. The individuals that I am referring to, and that I was very careful to point out, are the fringe groups. The minority of the religious. The fundamentalist extremists who have no desire to talk with us, to open a dialog with the exchange of ideas.

What is so hard to understand that these people want us to die. They want us dead. They do not want to negotiate, they do not want to budge from their points of view, they do not care about what we think and they could care less about the things we hold to high value.

We need to be firm with them, we need to counter their activism with our own activism and make sure that we stay within the bounds of the law, and use the legal system to our advantage. We need to call them out on their doctrines of hate, bigotry and discrimination. We need to let them know that we are not going away, no matter how much they want us to.

I work very hard and with due diligence to create relationships between theists and atheists, including organizing “Freethought Awareness Day” events and getting involved in interfaith activities.

So, with all due respect as well, my position stands regarding the fundamental extremists.
    -Al Stefanelli.

By the way, I actually took time to read the blog post that your source is referring to. Your are deluded if you think that what Stefanelli wrote is even approachable to anything some of our Christian friends here vouch for.
    Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!!; 09-16-2011 at 07:06 PM.

*sigh*

Nothing ever changes.

Instead of reading a blog post about a blog post, why not go to the original?

Seriously, it's not hard to do, there's this wonderful new thing - I think it's called "GOOGOL" or something - that lets you search for whatever information you want. It's particularly effective when the information you are searching for originated on the internet in the first place.

Here is the original article.

As for the content of the blog post in question?

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

He is talking about the eradication of the FUNDAMENTALIST / RADICAL IDEOLOGY. Not about the eradication of ACTUAL PEOPLE. FUCKING HELL. Did you pass high school English? God the stupidity of this site continues to astound me. I think I've finally had enough of this place. This is a ing joke.

Furthermore, this is something you yourself have said again, and again, and again, and again. That radical elements need to be killed/murdered/beaten-to-death/stabbed-in-the-face etc. etc. And then you turn around and claim that this is something unique to atheism? Jesus ing christ.

In fact, here are a few quotes of yours calling for EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING!!

Eradication of Muslim gangs
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post780885

Eradication of all men in Pakistan
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...te#post1040682

Eradication of all Democrats
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post802680
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post834490

Eradicate anyone who supports Shariah Law
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post731064

More eradication of Muslims
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post749330

Even more eradication of Muslims

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post738694

And of course this list wouldn't be complete without:
    Eradication of all Liberals
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post743813

The only difference is that YOU ARE ACTUALLY PROMOTING VIOLENCE, whereas Al Stefanelli was talking about eradicating an ideology.

And yet you have the ing balls to claim that ATHEISTS are the most hate-filled scumbags on Earth? What the does that make YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    In fact, here are a few quotes of yours calling for EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING!!

Eradication of Muslim gangs
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post780885

Eradication of all men in Pakistan
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...te#post1040682

Eradication of all Democrats
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post802680
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post834490

Eradicate anyone who supports Shariah Law
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post731064

More eradication of Muslims
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post749330

Even more eradication of Muslims

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post738694

And of course this list wouldn't be complete without:
    Eradication of all Liberals
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...ate#post743813

The only difference is that YOU ARE ACTUALLY PROMOTING VIOLENCE, whereas Al Stefanelli was talking about eradicating an ideology.

And yet you have the ing balls to claim that ATHEISTS are the most hate-filled scumbags on Earth? What the does that make YOU?

Ahahahahahaha...incredible.

He said what he said then lied about it, just like you.

And his words were not taken out of context as were some of mine, and I am not the leader of a movement speaking to my followers.

Moron.

Eradicate seems pretty clear, unless one of your scum-heroes says it. Sure is clear to you when I say it!

Fuck off.

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    Ahahahahahaha...incredible.

He said what he said then lied about it, just like you.

And his words were not taken out of context as were some of mine, and I am not the leader of a movement speaking to my followers.

Moron.

Eradicate seems pretty clear, unless one of your scum-heroes says it. Sure is clear to you when I say it!

Fuck off.

It is not the use of the word eradicate that suggests that you are calling for violence. Rather it is the multitude of threads where you call for people to beaten to death with baseball bats, or have their necks stomped on etc...

You haven't even read his blog post have you? How on Earth can you think his words were not taken out of context? This is absurd. You can't possibly actually think that when saying fundamentalist and radical elements of Christianity and Islam need to be eradicated that he actually wants to eradicate Christians and Muslims.

For god's sake, he's calling on mainstream Christianity and Islam to do the eradicating. You really think that he's asking Christians to kill one another, and Muslims to kill one another?

It is not the use of the word eradicate that suggests that you are calling for violence. Rather it is the multitude of threads where you call for people to beaten to death with baseball bats, or have their necks stomped on etc...

You haven't even read his blog post have you? How on Earth can you think his words were not taken out of context? This is absurd. You can't possibly actually think that when saying fundamentalist and radical elements of Christianity and Islam need to be eradicated that he actually wants to eradicate Christians and Muslims.

For god's sake, he's calling on mainstream Christianity and Islam to do the eradicating. You really think that he's asking Christians to kill one another, and Muslims to kill one another?

"They don’t respond to lawsuits, letters, amicus briefs or other grass-roots campaigns and they must, must, must be eradicated." What DOES he mean?

We have 3 or 4 atheists here who include some religious hatred with nearly every one of their lame posts...it's always like "Well, for someone who believes in magical ...." shit like that in the middle of a thread that is about politics.

It is bigotry, plain and simple, and comes from those most likely to complain about 'bigotry' from others.

It is what it is and it is tiring.

As for me, yeah, there are certain people in the world who should be killed, and I have mentioned some of them in posts...sometimes as rhetoric, sometimes serious.

Rapists, murderers should be killed. There. I said it.

--Thomas Jefferson

Rapists, murderers should be killed. There. I said it.

Wow! So even if you interpret his statements as meaning "kill" then you still agree with Al Stefanelli 100%! This is a big step forward!

Here is the quote in context:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Stefanelli
    But the underbelly of fundamentalist Christianity and radical Islam does not operate in the legal system. They don’t respond to lawsuits, letters, amicus briefs or other grass-roots campaigns and they must, must, must be eradicated. As long as they are allowed to exist, we will continue to be inundated with accounts of buses, buildings, markets and abortion clinics being blown up, rape victims being murdered for adultery, wives being beaten (sometimes to death), airplanes being flown into buildings, people being tortured and sometimes beheaded for blasphemy, people being burned for witchcraft and sorcery and all the other horrific, inhumane and insane practices that are part of fundamental Christianity and Radical Islam.
    He is saying EXACTLY the same thing you are. But he is a hate-filled scumbag, and you are not.

i think the new motto of scam should be, "the insanity STOPS here!?" heck, there's only 2 or 3 over the top PSYCHO PERPS to correct/admonish anyway!? how hard can that be!? : :judges: :cwm2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Never heard of the man. I may be an atheist, but for me its about my acceptance of science and my understnding of the complete lack of evidence for any deity, or the supernatural in general.

As for that quote, in context - I have no problem with it. "the underbelly of fundamentalist Christianity and radical Islam". Damn right, those elements of the two large religions should be eradicated, preferably by the vast majority of the flock who are NOT extremists. They are the only ones who can do it, frankly.

Its ironic, is it not? People on the right are always claiming that "moderate" Islam should be eradicating the extremists. Now its a problem, cos christians are mentioned too? LOL
    Last edited by thistle; 09-16-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Can I also point out that this atheist "leader" doesnt even represent, you know, atheists? He represents one organisation, at best.

In the same way that individual religious leaders dont represent the faithful, necessarily.

I mean, how many times have islamic clerics or leaders of extreme groups called for death and murder? Does that represent the majority of islam followers? No.

And, lets be brutally honest: how often do Christian "leaders" say ing stupid things? Lets have a quick check:

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson calls for assassination of Venezuela's president
    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Religiou...%27s_president

Last night, on Fox News, Sean Hannity insisted that United States needs to "take out" Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. (Pastor Rick) Warren said he agreed. Hannity asked, "Am I advocating something dark, evil or something righteous?" Warren responded, "Well, actually, the Bible says that evil cannot be negotiated with. It has to just be stopped.... In fact, that is the legitimate role of government. The Bible says that God puts government on earth to punish evildoers. Not good-doers. Evildoers."
    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._12/015925.php

A far right Christian group has urged fellow Christians to support Uganda’s proposed law that would make homosexuality punishable by death.
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/12/21...alty-for-gays/

Christian Conservative Leader Calls for No More Mosques in U.S.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...48-503544.html

And the point is: I'm not claiming Christians believe the crap above. I'm saying they are as representative as any individual atheist who were to call for the eradication of christianity or islam.
    *and Al Stefanelli didnt, in any case*

Catholics are responsible for the rape of more children, the murder of more women, and the torture of more innocents than any other institution ever devised by man. From its origin through this very day, the Catholic 'Church' has supressed knowledge and fought scientific progress. They openly and actively supported slavery. They supported racism, fascism, and sexism. They were allies of Hitler and Mussolini. They published the Witches Hammer, a 'how to' guide to torture and murder innocent women. They burned scientists at the stake in a futile attempt to keep the masses from learning the Bible is incorrect. They tortured and murdered multitudes in the Inquisition and Crusades - all in the name of a loving God. Is the Catholic Church evil? Yes. It is the most evil institution ever devised by man.
    .....and this Dickwad is worried about Atheists? He would be laughable if he wasn't so insignificant.
    Warning: Facts are like acid to the skin of Republicans.

Wow! So even if you interpret his statements as meaning "kill" then you still agree with Al Stefanelli 100%! This is a big step forward!

Here is the quote in context:

He is saying EXACTLY the same thing you are. But he is a hate-filled scumbag, and you are not.

Yeah, let's further examine that quote before letting this vermin crawl away into the darkness to protest another cross somewhere...

As long as they are allowed to exist, we will continue to be inundated with accounts of buses, buildings, markets and abortion clinics being blown up, rape victims being murdered for adultery, wives being beaten (sometimes to death), airplanes being flown into buildings, people being tortured and sometimes beheaded for blasphemy, people being burned for witchcraft and sorcery and all the other horrific, inhumane and insane practices that are part of fundamental Christianity and Radical Islam.

Which of these are part of Christianity, at least for the last few hundred years?

Here he is just listing the DAILY abominations of radical Islam and then blaming Christians for them...

Interesting, isn't it? NO? LOL.

Here, let me help ya: Tiller.

Okay. You are done.

--Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, let's further examine that quote before letting this vermin crawl away into the darkness to protest another cross somewhere...

As long as they are allowed to exist, we will continue to be inundated with accounts of buses, buildings, markets and abortion clinics being blown up, rape victims being murdered for adultery, wives being beaten (sometimes to death), airplanes being flown into buildings, people being tortured and sometimes beheaded for blasphemy, people being burned for witchcraft and sorcery and all the other horrific, inhumane and insane practices that are part of fundamental Christianity and Radical Islam.

Which of these are part of Christianity, at least for the last few hundred years?

Here he is just listing the DAILY abominations of radical Islam and then blaming Christians for them...

Interesting, isn't it? NO? LOL.

Here, let me help ya: Tiller.

Okay. You are done.

You are deliberately trying to pretend this "Atheist leader" was referring to Christians and Muslims. He wasnt, he was referring to Christian and Muslim extremists. And you damn well know it.

Are there Christian extremists? Sure. Are there Islamic extremists? Sure. His point is made ...

I read the original article written by
    Al Stefanelli.

He says Fundamentalist Christians and Muslim Extremists or Radicals, whatever. He does not emphasize the Christian Fundamentalist to be the Extremist and Underbelly referring to the Christian is said one time.

He says Christian Fundamentalists and Islamic Extremists want the Atheist dead. He does not say their beliefs dead.

When I read where he is using the word eradicate you could take that either way. Either he means kill the Christian Fundamentalist and Islamic Extremist or he means eradicate their ideology.

What he says is full of hate and it is easy to see how a person reading this could take it either way. He certainly should have been clear on what he was saying when calling for the eradication of Fundamentalist Christians and Islamic Extremists.

He was sure to say Islamic Extremists when speaking about the Muslim religion. He specifically said Fundamentalist Christians over and over.