+ Reply to Thread

Profiles in Countermoonbattery: Ivar Giaever

http://moonbattery.com/?p=2290

Dr. Ivar Giaever, a former professor with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the 1973 winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday, Sept. 13, from the premier physics society in disgust over its officially stated policy that “global warming is occurring.”

The official position of the American Physical Society (APS) supports the theory that man’s actions have inexorably led to the warming of the planet, through increased emissions of carbon dioxide.

The APS’s use of the highly unscientific word incontrovertible regarding supposed evidence of Al Gore’s global warming theory triggered Giaever’s resignation.

“In the APS it is ok to discuss whether the mass of the proton changes over time and how a multi-universe behaves, but the evidence of global warming is incontrovertible?” he wrote in an email to Kate Kirby, executive officer of the physics society.

“The claim … is that the temperature has changed from ~288.0 to ~288.8 degree Kelvin in about 150 years, which (if true) means to me is that the temperature has been amazingly stable, and both human health and happiness have definitely improved in this ‘warming’ period,” his email message said.

Re: Profiles in Countermoonbattery: Ivar Giaever

well there's a LIE in that article!? he is NOT resigning because global warming is occurring, it specifically states that by using the word UNCONTROVERTIBLE, meaning no doubt i assume, that's what he reacted/objected too!? he's apparently NOT SURE himself!? and he feels it's unscientific to claim surety on this issue yet/ever!? i suppose those "nobel" guys can act stuck up like that when they feel like it!? :cwm2: : :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: Profiles in Countermoonbattery: Ivar Giaever

This topic has already been brought up in this thread; http://208.86.2.178/showthread.php?p...75#post1084675.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin