+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh man so awesome

I bet this kid is the most popular guy in the whole school now (I'm purposely being mysterious, cliiiiiick the liiiiiink)
    http://tampabays10.com/news/watercoo...?storyid=35433

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Oh man so awesome

I believe that I understand you are a New Zelander?

I don't know what such activity is classified as there , but here it is termed:
    "statutory rape." If it was a man doing this, he would have gotten a really
    hard sentence, the first time! I don't understand the double-standard.

Statutory Rape is deemed an older person having sexual relations with
    a younger person. Typically ages 16 and under. 17 years is a "gray"
    area in a lot of states. Even if a younger person admits that they
    consented to the act, the older person still gets jail time.

I think the mindset of a lot of people is that ANY male, regardless of age, likes
    sex with any female, regardless of age. The thinking is NOT that way when
    it comes to an older male, say 17 and older, initiating sex with a young
    female. I've never understood the "standard."

Maybe it has something to do with that the male has a sort of "weapon", a
    Penis, which penetrates a female. Where as, a female is the penetratee?

I've always thought that a lot of younger males and females like and welcome
    sex with older partners of the opposite gender [and sometimes with the same
    gender] These individuals don't have a problem with doing that, as
    long as they are not forced. As you realize, a female supposedly cannot
    and does not force herself on a male. But, of course, a male has this
    capability. And, where it is the older/younger arrangement, the male is
    pretty much all of the time considered as forcing himself on the younger
    one.

I know that you are just a very brilliant guy, so you probably have all
    of this already figured out.

By the way, what ever came of the one that referred to you as
    "Angel Face"? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Zealander, yup it's in the upper-right corner of all my posts :)

Yeah it's the same, 16 is the legal age here.
    The law is sexist, in some ways towards women and in some ways towards men.
    In the case of rape and statuatory rape it's definitely towards men.

I know, it's ridiculous. There's a great episode of Boston Legal that springs to mind, I think it's episode 105 or 104, where a female attorney makes some good points like how sexual harrassment laws were made at a time when women were thought to be useless and had to be protected from the men who were inherently better and more powerful than them in every way, now with equal rights it seems out-of-place.
    I have to go now but I'll be back for this discussion later on it's great stuff :)

I can sure understand where this guy might be thought of as the luckiest guy in school... she's kinda cute. And sending him pics as well!!! :cool:

Seriously though... yeah from the kid's perspective it's probably cool... from a more adult perspective... lock her up.

I think the mindset of a lot of people is that ANY male, regardless of age, likes
    sex with any female, regardless of age. The thinking is NOT that way when
    it comes to an older male, say 17 and older, initiating sex with a young
    female. I've never understood the "standard."

I've always thought that a lot of younger males and females like and welcome
    sex with older partners of the opposite gender [and sometimes with the same
    gender] These individuals don't have a problem with doing that, as
    long as they are not forced. As you realize, a female supposedly cannot
    and does not force herself on a male. But, of course, a male has this
    capability. And, where it is the older/younger arrangement, the male is
    pretty much all of the time considered as forcing himself on the younger
    one.

I know that you are just a very brilliant guy, so you probably have all
    of this already figured out.

By the way, what ever came of the one that referred to you as
    "Angel Face"? :rolleyes:
    this was so random at first....i thought it was ME!?hehe!!but then i saw it as a .......private message!?TO SUB!!and then.......like the immature rascal he is........it fell like rose petals on the lawn of love to be BURNED UP BY THE SUN of exposure!?(it's personal,trust me)hehe!!just askin....
    Last edited by lexx; 07-19-2006 at 05:21 AM.

That certainly may have something to do with it, good point.

I've always thought that a lot of younger males and females like and welcome sex with older partners of the opposite gender [and sometimes with the same gender] These individuals don't have a problem with doing that, as long as they are not forced.
    Absolutely, many teenage girls feel they are more mature than males their own age and so seek relationships with older men. It's very common to see teenage girls with men in their 20s.

As you realize, a female supposedly cannot and does not force herself on a male. But, of course, a male has this capability. And, where it is the older/younger arrangement, the male is pretty much all of the time considered as forcing himself on the younger one.
    Females can physically rape men. It's not as easy but it can happen. When the male penis is stimulated it can become erect whether the man wants it to or not. Hence the "bus boner" effect, where a man sits on a bus or an old/crappy car and gets an erection even while not being "turned on" at all.

I know that you are just a very brilliant guy, so you probably have all of this already figured out.
    Wow thanks that's a great compliment :) I don't have it figured out though, that's why I use this forum, to explore others' ideas.

By the way, what ever came of the one that referred to you as "Angel Face"? :rolleyes:
    Oh we had sex. Hours of hot, sweaty sex. Yes it turns out she was my soulmate and we share a common liking of licking eyeballs and eating marmalade sandwiches.

.....eyeballs and marmalade sandwichs?? okay, but...you seemed to be such a nice young man....;)
    Here's my 2 cents -
    The age of consent - I would like it to be 18 - in reality 16 may even be a stretch. You have to consider the reason for the age limit. What is reasonable. Ultimately, the protection of children must be the goal.
    Height and weight do not determine "maturity".
    If we are to believe the medical experts - girls mature earlier than boys.
    Common sense is required.
    In defense of my opinion, I worried about my sons being molested when they were young - 10+ years ago. Later, my sons had girlfriends who's parents didn't worry very much, at all. Now, my sons are grown and my daughter's 12. She thinks she's invincible. Any adult taking advantage of a child is a pervert. If you don't think so, well, it just hasn't happened to you, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk

Wow thanks that's a great compliment :) I don't have it figured out though, that's why I use this forum, to explore others' ideas.

thinks nothing of it! :D Me as well, and I am quite advanced in years...
    Have been a part of this "Zoo" for sometime and still not suprised to
    see some new "lashed-up' circumstances come around the bend of the
    road in sight on the road of life. Starting to become jaded? Numbed.
    Nope. Find some things stimulating, am still shoocked, saddened, elated
    and at times nearly brought to tears by the heroes, seemingly
    courageous and invincible ones that shine through in out world of
    humanity. SO in one sense, you may lable me as 'still learning' and in that
    regard: "forever young."

Oh we had sex. Hours of hot, sweaty sex. Yes it turns out she was my soulmate and we share a common liking of licking eyeballs and eating marmalade sandwiches.
    Oh, so that was why there was Marmalade Jam oozing out of my display
    screen and on to my desk. Sounds messy to me. Heard of Whipped
    Cream... Marmalade?! TO each his/her/it's own! :rolleyes:

For 'the Lexx': don't get nervous. Yes, open personal exchange. SO what?
    Voyeur in peace my man... what you see is what you see. Otherwise,
    who can change what another projects into any situation? hehehehehe...
    Don't get nervous now... just kidding!

S.J. not sure why that posting came out that way, with some of my
    comments in "blue' along with your quoted info. Anyway, as I said,
    brillian Zelander that you are, no proble'ma [Jerry Garcia for no problem!] :D

I remember hearing something about a time when firls were married off to 30+ year olds when they hit 12 or something... had children before 14 years of age. I guess things have changed since then, but I think somethings which are assumed "Moral/Immoral" these days have some poor reasoning behind them.

Protecting people is one thing, but forcing 'justice' on some people where there was no complaint seems... just wrong to me in some way.

(Awaiting the torent of abuse) :D

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    The age of consent - I would like it to be 18 - in reality 16 may even be a stretch. You have to consider the reason for the age limit. What is reasonable. Ultimately, the protection of children must be the goal.
    Height and weight do not determine "maturity".
    If we are to believe the medical experts - girls mature earlier than boys.
    As far as I was aware, girls generally mature earlier than boys in pre-teens and early teens (8-13) but it evens out at around 15-16. I could be wrong but that's what I thought.

In defense of my opinion, I worried about my sons being molested when they were young - 10+ years ago. Later, my sons had girlfriends who's parents didn't worry very much, at all. Now, my sons are grown and my daughter's 12. She thinks she's invincible. Any adult taking advantage of a child is a pervert. If you don't think so, well, it just hasn't happened to you, yet.
    I certainly don't think of 12-year-old girls as of an appropriate age for sex, I agree that age is paedophile's turf. The age gap is the main thing for me here;
    If the age is set to 16 I disagree that a 16-year-old boy shouldn't be allowed to have sex with a 15-year-old girl. Equally with 18, I think an 18-year-old boy should be able to have sex with a 17-year-old girl.
    That point is the one I beliee in the most, and personally I don't like getting involved with women who are much younger than me, I'm usually with older women, but I don't have any problem with others doing it.
    I find it hard to understand a man being with a 12-year-old, I think if he has an attraction to one he should never act on it, but I don't think I would have any personal moral issues with an 18-year-old guy being with a 15-year-old girl, it happens all the time after all. When I was 18 I remember I had more 15-year-olds hitting on me than 18-year-olds.
    There are a lot of reasons for that in my opinion:

At that age there's rebellion against their caregivers and they know their parents probably wouldn't be too happy with an older guy, which makes older men more attractive.

It boosts social status, not only to have a boyfriend who's older but also has a car (and the car is a big one, as we all know) and lives away from home, they're all symbols of independence of parents.

The girls hear that in general girls mature faster than boys, so feel superior to boys their own age. I've heard plenty of younger girls bragging that girls are so much more mature than boys, "our teacher told us", and then spend the next 5 hours talking about celebrities and clothes, it's all I can do to keep from laughing. Just to clear it up, I definitely notice a difference between the maturity of 10-12-year-old boys and girls, the girls are often more 'mature' (I wonder if it's actual maturity or just projected, though) but it seems to even out at around 16, at which age some are still no more mature than when they were 12 and some seem as if they're older.

oops! - I should have clarified "maturity" - I was refering to physical maturity - not emotional or mental. I believe the changes made to laws in Canada (just recently) take into account the "age difference" allowing for a few years either way from 16. That puts us back to 14 years old - which is ridiculous.

It's a complicated issue if you throw teenage sex into the mix and that's not really the problem. Child sex advocates want the age reduced and use this arguement.

In Alberta the legal age is 18. You can drink, drive, go to the bar, gamble and you are also accountable for what you do. What does an 18 year old male have in common with a 15 year old female? Not a lot. Would you not consider an 18 year old girl with a 15 year old boy to be an indication that she has a problem?

oops! - I should have clarified "maturity" - I was refering to physical maturity - not emotional or mental. I believe the changes made to laws in Canada (just recently) take into account the "age difference" allowing for a few years either way from 16. That puts us back to 14 years old - which is ridiculous.

It's a complicated issue if you throw teenage sex into the mix and that's not really the problem. Child sex advocates want the age reduced and use this arguement.

In Alberta the legal age is 18. You can drink, drive, go to the bar, gamble and you are also accountable for what you do. What does an 18 year old male have in common with a 15 year old female? Not a lot. Would you not consider an 18 year old girl with a 15 year old boy to be an indication that she has a problem?
    Yeah to be honest that did bother me for a lot of years, how a lot of 15 year old girls try so hard to be with older guys. I guess I've just gotten used to it 'cause it's just so common, but yeah it does strike me as a problem. The reasons for the attraction are obvious, but still. It also bothers me that the guys would enter a relationship with a girl so young.
    I mean sure some 15-year-olds are physically developed enough to be attractive to men, I don't deny that for a second (although a lot of guys would except for when they're talking exclusively with other guys over beers or whatever) but I don't understand how one would actually enter into a relationship with a girl so young. There's a huge maturity difference between 18 and 15 and any 18-year-old guy who has a relationship with a 15-year-old strikes me as a bit strange, personally.
    But it happens all the time and I'm not so sure where I stand on the legality of it; it's one thing to cringe at something and another thing to want the law to do something about it, for me anyway.

I think perhaps a good system might be that from the age of 14 to 18 sex is legal but only with people within 2 years of your own age, or within 1 year?
    When I was either 13 or 14, I can't remember, I had sex with a 17 year old girl and it was great, and although it was completely her making the advances (I was just going along with it) it was what I wanted. I don't think I was so much interested in having sex itself at that age, but being able to brag about it at school was a real motivation.
    Anyway that wasn't my point, I just remembered it and wrote it down.
    If the law was that it's illegal to have sex with anyone who is of 1 year age difference until age 18 would that be so bad? So a 16-year-old can have sex with a 15-17 year old.

Actually I remember when I was 15 I had a 15-year-old girlfriend and I was older than her by a few months. It was interesting when I turned 16 because whereas yesterday we had been both equally breaking the law by having sex, from my 16th birthday I was technically raping her (suddenly I was of legal age and she wasn't) I was never worried 'cause I was good friends with her parents and all that but I do remember noting that and I thought and do think it's pretty un-just.

And yes I do agree, I'm just focusing on the more specific fuzzy areas. You're right about the above and I never think sex with pre-teen children is alright. Even if they do consent it's just sick and they would only be consenting for other reasons, not because they actually want to. Children just aren't sexual and it's ridiculous to think of them as such.
    I do have a real sympathy for some paedophiles (not most of them though because a lot of them are just sick or have little mental capacity so feel they can only relate to children, they don't really matter to me) who know it's wrong and fight with it their whole lives. I don't have sympathy for the ones who act on it, because that's weak of them to give in to it, but I do know (I was raised by a psychologist who worked with them by the way, this isn't first-hand experience :p) that a lot of men - more than it would seem - are attracted sexually to kids, particularly to younger boys but sometimes girls. It must be a very hard thing to deal with and I feel sorry for them.
    Anyway that was off-topic a bit, damn morning rants...

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    I do know (I was raised by a psychologist who worked with them by the way, this isn't first-hand experience :p) that a lot of men - more than it would seem - are attracted sexually to kids, particularly to younger boys but sometimes girls.
    Thats really interesting. I wonder why it would be younger boys all the time.... why the sudden homosexual change (assuming its a change.. otherwise it would be suggestive that homosexuals tend to be paedophiles more often than heterosexuals). I wonder why a man who would generally be attracted to women, would find himself only attracted to boys when it came to children....

Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by aegist
    Thats really interesting. I wonder why it would be younger boys all the time.... why the sudden homosexual change (assuming its a change.. otherwise it would be suggestive that homosexuals tend to be paedophiles more often than heterosexuals). I wonder why a man who would generally be attracted to women, would find himself only attracted to boys when it came to children....

Bizarre.
    Well yeah homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles. I've forgotten the statistics but it is quite significant. But there are still a lot more heterosexual paedophiles than gay ones just because heterosexuals make up so much more of the population.
    It is strange how heterosexual men, who would never be attracted to a man, are attracted to boys. There are a lot of reasons, it's impossible to say which is the most common because they are all common, including the extreme desire to be young again, experience the innocence, then there's men who can't distinguish between children's playfulness and flirting, so they actually believe the children want them. These men are often very lonely and experience some form of mental retardation, not "retards", just normal men with low IQs.
    There are theories on why little boys are usually the target of paedophiles as opposed to little girls, including that little boys and girls are similar in body form to eachother (excluding genitalia of course) so men reason with themselves that touching a boy is the same as touching a girl only that they tend to relate more to a boy, so the personality is the difference in attraction.
    Another is that the man can have the feeling of protection, that if he is close to the young boy he will be able to protect him from sexual abuse (I know, it's pretty weird, but these types of men don't see that what they're doing is abuse because they think the child wants it) these men have often been sexually abused as children violently, so reason that if they do it "nicely" they can protect the boy from abuse.
    Kindof upsetting stuff to talk about especially if it's new to you, so don't feel bad about that sick feeling you get while reading the above.