+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stream Electric

Stream Electric

Hey, I am usually on the internet scams page, but I am curious about an offer this guy locally has been trying to get me involved in.

his program is called Ignite, from Stream Electric. http://www.streamenergy.net/

What they want me to do is pay the $356 enrollment fee, and I will be a salesman. I will get $200 from every household that I switch, including myself. They offer 13% less on your electric bill compared to CPL.

Everyone that I hire to be a salesman under me I will get a payment, and a fee from everyone that they get to switch, and hire under them, and so on for 5 levels.

This just screams pyramid to me, but maybe it is a legit way of doing business. His presentation was a little too focused on the big $$$ that I WILL RECEIVE. Earn enough to quit my job, blah blah.

I am not a fool, but if there is some way this is a good idea, then I might just jump on board.

Let me know what you think, and I have other information if you need it.

Thank you,

Jay
    Gifts received:
    50" Samsung DLP from NT (18 offer) $1550 check instead
    2nd gen Ipod Shuffle from ipodsweepstakes.com
    Macbook Pro (18 offer) Sweet!!

Gifts awaiting shipping:
    none active

Gifts not finished:
    $2000 Gift Card (18 offer)

Re: Stream Electric

Does anyone have an opinion on this. i think it is a scam, but if not I might jump on board...

Jay
    Gifts received:
    50" Samsung DLP from NT (18 offer) $1550 check instead
    2nd gen Ipod Shuffle from ipodsweepstakes.com
    Macbook Pro (18 offer) Sweet!!

Gifts awaiting shipping:
    none active

Gifts not finished:
    $2000 Gift Card (18 offer)

My opinion> stay away. I think the $200/household figure is incorrect.

...and the beat goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

Growth Guest

This is a great opportunity. I am doing very well working this part time. I like to call it , the best opportunity in Texas, since I am in Houston. Of course I am completely unbiased

I did not take the decision lightly to join ignite. I grew up in a family that was so opposed to sales and abhorred MLM. I consider it a coup that I got my mother as my electricity customer. But she is happy and saving money.

And already you can image how great it would be to get paid when people turn on the lights.

Feel free to give me call if you have any questions, you can find my number at my website.
    Last edited by scambuster; 04-10-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Of course I am completely unbiased
    Sure you are. ;)

I don't know who dreamed up the slogan: "Get paid, every time someone turns on the lights", but it it is not a true statement. Pretty ambiguous.

I know this is a bit out of date, but to better inform you, It is NOT $200 per new customer you sign up to this company! It is in fact $200 per new associate/salesperson you sign up. Signing new customers only pays you a residual so the more you sign up then the more you actually earn.
    To say you are going to get $200 per sign up is insane and untrue!
    I was contacted by someone I have known for many years and he's been in this for several months now. From what he says, he is making money from signing people up, but he won't see much money his way until either he or his associates working under him sign tons of people up.
    He offered me no deposit if i became an associate and he would pay my $350 fee to join. It will take a cpl of months to actually be switched over and in the mean time (for example) If I were to sign up 5 associates to work under me, I would get $200 each for a total of $1000.
    Another thing they require is for associates to pay for a company website that they build and maintain for you. The cost of the website is only $19.95 and according to my friend, will be the only out of pocket cost to you other then your initial sign on fee of $350.

I'll be meeting with him soon and looking over all the info firsthand and will report back what this is all about afterwards.

Would the real Mojo Bailey please stand up, please stand up, please stand up!

If I were to sign up 5 associates to work under me, I would get $200 each for a total of $1000.
    I think it is illegal to collect signup's fees by somebody by his upline. Feds list this stuff as key red flag of illegal pyramids. Another red flag: all attention to signing associates instead of customers.

I was told that STREAM electric was cheaper per KWH than Reliant. I called them just now. They quoted .167 per KWH and I am paying .133 per KWH with Reliant right now. I will compare them again later in a few months.