+ Reply to Thread

Is Newcorp a Scam?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I found out that I was recently scammed by a company on this site stating that others were receiving emails from people to wire them money for a work at home job after spending the rest on software and I'd be getting a free laptop. This happened about a week ago and I'm not sceptical about working from home.

I just finished college and I've been looking for a job within the computer or technology industry, preferrably working from home. I've found a company on CareerBuilder called Newcorp and the guy called me with it being tracked from Utah, I think, and he said he saw my resume and asked me to apply with the application online their main Website so it can be processed quicker.

I did that and received an email stating that they received my application and that I can have an interview over the phone. I missed the call, but I had a make up call and this was all before I was scammed. Earlier today, I just had a presentation introducing me to the company, my payrate, training, and stuff I need for the job, and I'm wondering if this company is legit. I said I could go through with the job offer for now, which the next step is another presentation and it'll be on how to do the job and will introduce me to the recruiters. After that, I'll be having an interview with the top recruiter to determine if I get the job.

The presentation I had was over the phone after I called the number stated in my email and put in the passcode they gave me to go into the specific chatroom for that specific presentation, while watching them on the computer with their video feed from their subdomain of their main site. I was just wondering if anyone could do some research for me if you have that experience and find out if Newcorp is a legit site or a fake/scam to eventually get my money? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'd be thankful if you could help me to stop this person from scamming other people like others without a good soul and heart do. I'll be waiting for any feedback and I'll be sure to comment on anything else if I've heard from a scammer or a fradulent person asking you to work at home. Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon. Have a nice evening.

Re: Is Newcorp a Scam?

not enough info.

a real company has a real address located in a real place.

a real company is registered with their local government, and if around awhile, has a better business rating and dun and bradstreet report.

if it is a corporation, it has officers that are named publicly and annual reports of what they did with their investor's money.

a webpage is not a company.

even if there is a real company by that name, you have to be able to confirm that the person contacting you represents that company.

usually, that would mean they have an extension on the phone system in the real building where the real company is located, or somebody there will vouch for them.

my guess from goggle results is this one:

https://www.newcorp.com/index.php/ca...ome_based_ccr/

NEW is hiring Home-Based Customer Care Representatives (CCRs) to take inbound customer service and support calls. As a Home-Based CCR, you help customers from the comforts of your home—answering their questions, troubleshooting problems with their product and arranging service or replacement as needed. It’s a fulfilling job that gives you a variety of schedules, hourly pay and the opportunity to work from home.

New Corp was supposed to call me at 10Am on Oct 14,2011, they did not call I emailed my rep and told her of not receiving a call, she basically called my a liar, but not in those terms. I had given the my cell number because I use my other phone for another work at home company.There were NO missed calls on my cell number. I then emailed her, her boss and the Americans with Disabilities because I am disabled and asked for at least an apology. Never returned a call or email. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!:zx11pissed:

NEW Corp is legit. However there are a lot of scammers who use the names of these legit companies to scam people.. Make sure you are going to https://www.newcorp.com/ if you are filling out an application. Youngfan, I'm sorry to hear of your experience, please make sure you were dealing with the real company.

I am not sure but am trying to see if the company is legit. I have been reading around about the reviews and see if it is legit.