+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ikonripoff.com

Ikonripoff.com

New to the community, but I have spent hours reading these great threads and wanted to post one of my own.

We have been royally ripped off by IKON Office Solutions, Inc. in Northern Virginia. We are a Mom & Pop company that does direct mail advertising and did small scale printing for some clients. We decided to get a color document center so we didn't have to outsource that part of our business and begin charging for color copies etc.

Long story short, we were leased a copier that starts breaking down after about 75 copies, eats paper, blurs images, etc. We tried dozens of times to get IKON to fix the problem until finally their customer service manager told us that we "just didn't have the right copier for our needs." We were told they would work up a new quote... eight months later and with a lot of complaining to corporate, big surprise they wanted us to spend more money and extend our lease for another machine! Forget it.

We have even tried reporting them to the local BBB and they never responded to them either.

We started a website called ikonripoff.com in an attempt to find out some other stories and have gotten some great repsonses.

We are interested to hear from other who have dealt with IKON or other leasing companies with success.

Thanks

Re: Ikonripoff.com

That is great.

I love hearing these kinds of things. I deliver all kinds of office supplies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (no copiers, luckily!) and spend a lot of time B.S.ing with the folks at the offices (makes the day enjoyable.)

We talk about things like this board and I will be sure to let them know about Ikon and ikonripoff.com

Don't know who they use as a company, but I bet they won't be using IKON!

You guys must be pretty motivated to go to all this trouble. :)

Thanks for the support Cowboys... now we'll just have to talk about you rooting for the 'Boys... Skins look ready to make a run at the NFC East & maybe all the way!

Anyhow, here is the latest from IKON, they are still hoping to bilk as much money as they can from us before kicking us to the curb. I am happy they actually got back to us, but here is their reply from a sales rep:

"I am very sorry about just getting back to you on this matter. I spoke with my Sales Manager about what our options are in regards to the current equipment in your office.

It seems that we have already gone through our only options. When you signed the contract, you entered into a non-cancelable agreement and unfortunately there is not too much I can do about that. In order to have us come and pick up the machine at this point in the lease agreement, you will need to request a buyout to return from IFS. Once the invoice is paid, pickup can be scheduled.

I am sure that this is not the answer you would like to hear, but unfortunately that the only option if you are not interested in upgrading your equipment. Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Basically they are letting us know that even though their equipment is junk, that until we pay the invoice for a broken machine they will keep charging us and won't even come get the machine. Why would IKON want to pick up a lemon of a machine that they will just have problems with refurbishing and leasing/selling again?

Why would we even consider signing another lease with IKON? If their machine isn't a piece of junk, why won't they at least get it and lease it to someone else or sell it while they straighten things out with us? The answer is b/c the thing is trash and they don't want the same problems with anyone else.

Appreciate all your views and comments on IKONRIPOFF.com keep it up so they will come get their junk and stop trying to collect on a broken piece of equipment.

Abomb,

Gotta be honest with you; this kind of thing happens all the time to small businesses. I work for a car dealership and it sounds like what happens with copmanys that lease fleet vehicles.

If you are a small company and you get a lemon, it's your problem. If you are a company that leases 15 vehicles from us, then we will fix the problem pronto.

I try to deal with everyone fairly regardless of the size of the company, as I am sure lost of people at IKON do, but it doesn't always work that way.

Two things are for sure... I would never deal with IKON and I would never start a small business b/c this stuff happens to them all the time.

Have you tried contacting the SBA? Maybe they can help. Good luck with the website.

Quote Originally Posted by abomb36
    New to the community, but I have spent hours reading these great threads and wanted to post one of my own.

We have been royally ripped off by IKON Office Solutions, Inc. in Northern Virginia. We are a Mom & Pop company that does direct mail advertising and did small scale printing for some clients. We decided to get a color document center so we didn't have to outsource that part of our business and begin charging for color copies etc.

Long story short, we were leased a copier that starts breaking down after about 75 copies, eats paper, blurs images, etc. We tried dozens of times to get IKON to fix the problem until finally their customer service manager told us that we "just didn't have the right copier for our needs." We were told they would work up a new quote... eight months later and with a lot of complaining to corporate, big surprise they wanted us to spend more money and extend our lease for another machine! Forget it.

We have even tried reporting them to the local BBB and they never responded to them either.

We started a website called ikonripoff.com in an attempt to find out some other stories and have gotten some great repsonses.

We are interested to hear from other who have dealt with IKON or other leasing companies with success.

Thanks
    Do you have a phone number for Ikon, I too was ripped off.

IKON's Customer Service Line is 1-888-456-6457

A very nice person will answer your call and sound very concerned and politely refer you to your local office. Your local office will then ignore you and threaten you to try and make you pay your bogus invoice.

Even talking to the Director of Customer Service at your local office might not produce results... what does that title mean if he isn't going to help you out and just ducks your calls?

I realize this is years later since this posting but.... I had a machine for my small appraisal business from Ikon since 2005. I had a 4 year lease agreement and have paid more than $20,000 to them which was not practical for my business but I honored my contract. Now my lease is up and in order to get this machine out of my office they are telling me I must pay another $904 plus shipping charges all because I am not getting another machine from them. Watch paragraph #9 saying we will bear shipping charges as long as replacement equipment is selected from Ikon. They are requiring I insure the machine for $1,117.37. To return it to them I will be paying more than $1200!

Also be aware than the contract while written totally in their favor also allows for a percentage of increase every year for no reason.

They are very unfair with their contracts and never explain these details. Buyer (ie Customer) beware! Once you sign on the dooted line you are no longer of any value except to suck as much money as possible from according to the terms of the contract which are NOT clearly spelled out. I will NEVER enter into another agreement with this company and would highly recommend no one else does either. If you should decide to, read EVERY WORD of the contract and have it all explained.

PS. I also had the exact lines from above quoted to me today from both a local rep and the Ikon Financial Rep. "You should have read the terms of your contract before signing the agreement. We don't right the contracts, we only follow what you agreed to. If you didn't understand them you should not have signed the contract."