+ Reply to Thread

The Gullibility Factor Test

Well, this could be interesting- I posted this here before taking the test, and so, test your gullibility at your own risk...lol

http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

Re: The Gullibility Factor Test

An entertaining test... 82%

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    An entertaining test... 82%
    85%. I didn't know most of the answers, but its pretty easy to guess what they are trying to get at with most of the questions. I'm not sure about some of their reasoning though. For example, the last question about ADHD, they say it is false, and to back up that statement they reference a group founded by the Church of Scientology... I didn't bother looking into their other answers.

82%

I've wondered, while I know that food preservatives, etc. can cause cancer and problems, but almost everything has preservatives unless you can afford to by organic, so why (in an age when when we consume more of these products) are people living longer?

While I agree that some of the things we are told are great for us, really aren't all that great, I don't buy into the stigma either. Like I said above, if it was so bad, we'd all be dying.

It's important for someone to have moderation in their diet. Eating some prepackaged foods is not going to give you cancer, however if you eat artifical sugar, pre-packed frozen items, etc. all the time, of course you are going to have problems. Fresh and natural are always best, but it doesn't always factor into our busy lifestyle.

As for the sunscreen thing, of course you shouldn't protect yourself at all times from the sun, but all you have to do is look at the beach bums and you can tell what the sun can do to the look and feel of your skin, not to mention skin cancer.

It's important to use judgment and common sense in dealing with scares from the media. Everything is not always peachy like the goverment will have you believe and it is not always a conspiracy as others will have you believe.

I got 61%. I should not be allowed on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    While I agree that some of the things we are told are great for us, really aren't all that great, I don't buy into the stigma either. Like I said above, if it was so bad, we'd all be dying.
    Exactly! I say that all the time. Everytime something comes on those bloody current affairs shows about how X causes cancer, or Y causes heart disease, and X & Y are things almost every person eats/uses/has... I think to myself, well it can't be that bad or we would all be dying of it. Like the ones about germs, where they say how many germs are all over the place and how they can cause all these different diseases... maybe that's true, but OBVIOUSLY its not that big a problem or else people would be dying of those diseases left right and centre.

You'all are right... it was 'real' easy to figure out what they were fishing for, but it was entertaining.

As well... a little old fashioned common sense goes a long way in improving one's survival.

i hate to confess i got a stupid 88.but just dumb luck i guess as half of the questions are designed as trick questions!?i got the bomb japan question WRONG!!hehe!!i'll bet scam buster gets 100!?he/she/it always does!?just askin........but in defense of it all i must conclude........if it's not a BIG problem.....I dont have to KNOW S H I T.but "W" does!?that's what he's gettin paid for I GUESS!?hehe!!......just askin.......
    Last edited by lexx; 07-19-2006 at 05:52 AM.