+ Reply to Thread

Oceanside Treatment Center

"Recovery Resources Juno Beach, Florida"

video just like me This was my problem, side effects and they threw me out for it.

I went to this Juno Beach Florida place for Alcohol Rehabilitation my drinking was way over the top again, out of control ! This was Dec 2010. I had been there 4 years ago and I wasn't paying attention but they have this quackery called "Dual Diagnosis" and they gave me some shrink label during the process of detoxification from alcohol and a drug called Xanax I had been getting for sleep from my doctor . It (xanax) worked rather well in the beginning.

vXanax Withdrawal Symptoms May Include:

abdominal pains, aching, agoraphobia, anxiety, blurred vision, body vibrations, changes in perception, feeling of unreality, flu-like symptoms, hair loss, heart palpitations, insomnia, loss of balance, , nightmares, panic attacks, paranoia, persistent & unpleasant memories, severe headaches, shaking, short term memory loss, sound & light sensitivity, unusually sensitive, fear.

4 years ago these clowns gave me Zyprexa !

They had given me a psyciatric label of some sort during this process of withdrawal back then and wanted me to take dangerous shrink pills again dec 2010. I knew better this time. neuroleptic withdrawal syndrome from zyprexa was no joke. Nothing anyone would ever want to repeat.

Look at this paste directly from there website:
    Multiple diseases often co-exist in a single client. Co-existing disorders, commonly termed Dual Diagnosis, can be identified during the evaluation process. It is important to address any and all ailments that can cause difficulty for clients in treatment so that strong and permanent sobriety can be achieved and maintained.

"Dual Diagnosis, can be identified during the evaluation process" They say on there site.
    During the process of drug and alcohol withdrawal ? ?

Look at just the XanaX withdrawal symptoms ! I see half a dozen psychiatric labels in that list alone. some clients may well have mental health issues that have been unaddressed and overshadowed ** addiction.This is what is called disease mongering. - "Overshadowed ** addiction" may
    They threw me out of Ocean Side Treatment center for refusing psychiatric drugs 3 weeks into my recovery. I told them I want sobriety not psychiatry.
    Im in the "Professional clinicians" office asking "why should I take this seroquel?" I hate the way it makes me feel. "how about trying risperdal"? These professional clowns "stephen gumley" and Lynda keep returning my question with a question in response, That classic conversation diversion thing . I stood my ground and asked "what, if I don't take shrink pills I have to leave"? They said "medication compliance" , Wait What ? We think you may have a chemical imbalance.

It would go against everything I believe to put toxic shrink pills in my body and call it sobriety. I let them throw me out before doing that, I made them do it in front of everyone cause I had not broken any rules and my new friends didn't believe me when I told them why I had to go.

It was HUMILIATING and uncalled for. I was singled out as a lesson to the others.

Oceanside Treatment Center is a joke run ** these clowns . I'm crazy ??? I didn't get a Refund that's crazy.

Dual Diagnosis = Psychiatric disorder
    Psychiatric disorders are not medical diseases. There are no lab tests,MRIs brain scans, X-rays or chemical imbalance tests that can verify any mental disorder is a physical condition. This is not to say that people do not get depressed, or that people can’t experience emotional or mental duress, but psychiatry has repackaged these emotions and behaviors as “disease” in order to sell drugs. This is a brilliant marketing campaign, but it is not science.

To make this story more clear, 4 years ago they gave me and others Zyprexa "for anxiety" and I experienced major Zombification and had most of the side effects so I had to have the experienced of neuroleptic withdrawal syndrome when I quit that evil shit.

When I went back in Dec 2010 after a relaps on alcohol. I wanted nothing to do with and had every right to refuse neuroleptics and any shrink drugs, I even wrote neuroleptics on my drug allergy list... the 1st day !
    These clowns didn't think neuroleptic withdrawal syndrome is an allergy or the possibility of dyskinisa was an important concern to me. "Med compliance" as a chance to send a lesson to the others was more important.

Thank God I didn't have any thing like a DWI/DUI pending like many who were there or I really would have felt the pressure to take part in experimental pharmacology.

Med complience violation = No refund

Scam ! human rights violation on top of it.
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 08-14-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling grammer add ref links

Recovery Resources North Palm Beach, FL 33408

Recovery Resources, Inc.
    450 Northlake Blvd.
    Suite 11
    North Palm Beach, FL 33408

They have this pretty website but say nothing about the location of the aftercare housing.
    Zero, zip, zilch, nothing, nada, notta thing !

Mabey cause its not exactly in the best neighborhood ? http://g.co/maps/udb9

This happened between the neighbors across the street and 2 doors to the left of the place.

Argument Between Neighbors Led To Fatal Shooting.

This report has video.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/26946309/detail.html

LAKE PARK — A man was shot and killed during a dispute Monday night with a neighbor, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said.
    The victim was identified as Reginald B. Pelt, 46, of Lake Park.
    Pelt was shot in the torso and was pronounced dead after being transported to St. Mary's Medical Center, sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera said in a news release. The shooting occurred shortly before 9 p.m. in the 500 block of West Jasmine Drive.
    According to the release, it is believed that Pelt and a neighbor got into an argument. The neighbor called others to assist with the dispute. When the others arrived, Pelt was shot multiple times, the release stated.
    The suspects, all males, fled the scene on foot. No additional information was available.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...g-1272161.html

One lies with omission when omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception.

Seems like a scam to me.
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 08-30-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: left of the place not right of

Recovery Resources enterprises North Palm Beach

gross and shocking ?

There are much better writers of gross and shocking than me.

Even I was shocked at this one, but its fun to read.
    http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_a0.html

Note that those two redefinitions — sobriety and recovery — allow A.A.-dominated drug and alcohol treatment facilities, which are financed with public tax dollars, to advertise jobs as being reserved for people who are "in recovery, with at least 6 months of sobriety", and then only hire other members of the Twelve-Step religion. It sounds like a nice hire-the-handicapped policy, but it is really religious discrimination, which violates many different laws, but they seem to be getting away with it anyway.

http://www.orange-papers.org/

More than that, what we’re doing is muckraking, in the time-honored sense of the word. AA and 12-Step is has a monopoly. Sure there are some alternatives, but none of these alternatives are offered in your general addictions treatment facility. And none of these alternatives have the power to lobby in Washington the way that AA does (by proxy, of course – Hazelden and Betty Ford, for instance, who hire the same lobbying firms that the alcohol industry does, by the way – do some research on opensecrets.org, which is a website that will tell you who’s giving money to whom and for what – just the facts) to get insurance money.
    http://stinkin-thinkin.com/faqrs/

The best Is "always blame the client" he/she is always wrong ... ?("unwilling" is the doubletalk for wrong), and get the family to belive it !

When I was there the morning check in Questionaire said "Who Did you call for support today".

Meaning "Who do we have to lie to today".

About Stinkin' Thinkin'

Stinkin’ Thinkin’ was started with the intention of highlighting the quackery and abuse that is the foundation of the addictions treatment industry – with a view toward building community among people who are questioning the only game in town. We will post news stories; expose how ....

http://stinkin-thinkin.com/faqrs/

I do A.A Cause I want to and have nothing agaist it.
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 10-22-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: didn't use the preview button

Recovery Resources Enterprises North Palm Beach

About my stay in Florida with these people on the ocean, This link works.

Its looked like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VzMZX4nBz8

Gross and shocking is throwing me out for getting sick from there quack medicine.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If Bill Wilson went to this place for his drinking there would not be an A.A Bigbook because he would have had a zombie expirience instead of a spiritual experience and never would have written it, the way this place coerces people into nueroleptics and gives out psychiatric drugs .

"Unwilling" = doubletalk for wrong , remember that when your loved one calls.
    Last edited by Administrator; 07-08-2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: preview button

Oceanside Treatment Center Juno Beach Florida

"Oceanside Treatment Center"

www.cointel.net/downloads/recovery%20resources.pdf < ommitted from the main site.
    Nice pdf

I like that term "muck raking" from that other site, http://goodbye.stinkin-thinkin.com/ lets do some for Stephen D. Gumbley

There site (Recovery Resources) sais:

Stephen D Gumbley received his Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Management and Master's in Counseling Psychology from Palm Beach Atlantic University and is certified by the Florida Certification Board as a Certified Addictions Professional (CAP). He has been active in the field of mental health and addictions since 1994 with specialties that include dual diagnosis, psychopharmacology and legal issues.

The (FCB) site sais:
    The Florida Certification Board (FCB) began as a grass-roots movement in human services professions. Employers wanted to ensure that their employees possessed the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to safely and competently serve people in need. Over the last 25 years the FCB has expanded tremendously.

The Florida Certification Board provides certification for substance abuse counselors, ... and behavioral health technicians in Florida.

S.G is Qualified for psychopharmacology and to make a dual diagnosis ? My drug allergy was just "unwillingness" they said.

I Guess S.G Dr. Grass-roots got his degree here : www.flcertificationboard.org/Training.cfm

I don't see this Gumley dude listed
    here : www.asam.org The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) .

But alot of training here: DoubleTalk University. At Recovery Resources they love to respond to a question they don't like with a question in return and not awnser it.
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 10-25-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: link update

Recovery Resources Florida

I rejected this idea of psychiatric drugging as an alcoholism cure.

Multiple diseases often co-exist in a single client. Co-existing disorders, commonly termed Dual Diagnosis, can be identified during the evaluation process. There site sais

read more here: http://www.oceansidetreatment.com/Dual_Diagno...

Dual Diagnosis, can be identified during the evaluation process ? they say. The evaluation Process is during acute and post acute withdrawl from drugs or alcohol !

Since when are thoughts feelings and emotions a "disease" any way ?

Drug abuse, including alcohol and prescription drugs can induce symptomatology which resembles mental illness. This can occur both in the intoxicated state and also during the withdrawal state. In some cases these substance induced psychiatric disorders can persist long after detoxification, such as prolonged psychosis or depression after amphetamine or cocaine abuse. A protracted withdrawal syndrome can also occur with symptoms persisting for months after cessation of use. Benzodiazepines are the most notable drug for inducing prolonged withdrawal effects with symptoms sometimes persisting for years after cessation of use. Severe anxiety and depression are commonly induced by sustained alcohol abuse which in most cases abates with prolonged abstinence. Even moderate alcohol sustained use may increase anxiety and depression levels in some individuals. In most cases these drug or alcohol induced psychiatric disorders fade away with prolonged abstinence.

Read More Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome#Background

They should call it "dual billing disorder", The major side effects include the client subject to toxic chemicals to induce a zombie like state, Major damage to there health and a life time of doctors appointments and pharmacy bills.

"In short, the whole business of creating psychiatric categories of ‘disease,’ formalizing them with consensus, and subsequently ascribing diagnostic codes to them, which in turn leads to their use for insurance billing, is nothing but an extended racket furnishing psychiatry a pseudo-scientific aura. The perpetrators are, of course, feeding at the public trough."
    —Dr. Thomas Dorman, internist and member of the Royal College of Physicians of the UK, Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Canada

"There are no objective tests in psychiatry, no X-ray, laboratory, or exam finding that says definitively that someone does or does not have a mental disorder."
    —Allen Frances, Former DSM-IV Task Force Chairman

I rejected this Idea of psychiatric drugging as an alcoholism cure and was thrown out for non medication compliance at Oceanside Treatment Center in Juno Beach Florida Three weeks into my recovery and didn't get a refund.

This was done as a lesson to the others. Medication compliance is just a nice word for coerced medication. This is used for those nueroleptic shut-u-up zombie drugs.

There is no more fundamental human right than the right to bodily integrity. A hallmark of most legal systems is that innocent people are protected from anything happening to their own body without their consent. According to an article in the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law: "True consent to what happens to one's self is the informed exercise of choice, and that entails an opportunity to evaluate knowledgeably the options available and the risks attendant upon each."
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 11-12-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: links and Ts

Recovery Resources Inc North Palm Beach, FL

It went like this: (dual diagnosis explained)
    Hi,

We are "Recovery Resources Inc" treatment center/rehab. We think every emotion is a mental health problem, caused by a brain chemical imbalance.

This is only our first meeting.
    You and your family are desperate to try anything.

Using little information, We are dual diagnosing you as alcoholic/substance abuser and 'crazy.' Here's a prescription for several brain-disabling drugs.

They don't get you "high" these brain-disabling drugs, but good luck when you try to stop taking them when your tired of life as a zombie and/or the dozens of side effects.

We did this to you without any lab test, brain scan or any procedure known to medical science that you in fact "have" the "illness" implied by our diagnostic labels.

You're now locked into a life-time diagnosis, needing life-time psychiatric "treatment".

Then we (psychiatry) as a whole gets life-time payments: either from you or from your health insurance."

We never get questioned by anyone. And, if the scam is found out, we got peers and attorneys to cover it up."

"The shame...is on you."

You now have a Dual diagnosis label, have a nice life.
    :rasta:
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 01-08-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Re: Recovery Resources North Palm Beach, FL 33408

Quote Originally Posted by AkathisiA View Post
    The Marketing of Madness is the definitive documentary on the psychiatric drugging industry. Here is the real story of the high income partnership between psychiatry and drug companies that has created an $80 billion psychotropic drug profit center.

But appearances are deceiving. How valid are psychiatrists' diagnoses-and how safe are their drugs? Digging deep beneath the corporate veneer, this documentary exposes the truth behind the slick marketing schemes and scientific deceit that conceal dangerous and often deadly sales campaigns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fduMpYhv1_M

Dual diagnosis, what a scam.

9. 05-15-2012, 12:43 PM

10. 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM

11. 05-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Reason
    video embed not functioning

12. 05-15-2012, 01:01 PM

Reason
    cant embed the video

Re: Recovery Resources North Palm Beach, FL 33408

New link:
    The Marketing of Madness: The Truth About Psychotropic Drugs (Part 1/2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhwu4pSLBRk

Great documentary film on the dual diagnosis scam pushed as a cure for alcoholism and addiction.

Quick Facts about Psychiatry and "dual diagnosis".

While posing as “authorities” on the mind and mental health, psychiatry has no scientific basis for any of its treatments or methods. Presented herein is specific evidence debunking several of the main claims and methods of this pseudo-science called psychiatry and dual diagnosis.

http://www.cchr.org/videos.html

If you goto this Recovery Resources for "treatment" ask "Dr. Philippe Martineau, M.D", The quack that tryed to push his lifetime "diagnosis" and chemical lobotamy pills on me for a "chemical imbalance test" then watch the reaction on his face.
    Last edited by AkathisiA; 05-16-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: link to working version of youtube video