+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Queue the godbots....it was only a matter of t

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Yes there are. Fail. No point reading any further. (I'm surprised I got that far, actually)
    NOT surprised ENOUGH i MIGHT conjecture......CAUSE you ONLY got THAT FAR!? call it the NEED to KNOW delimna!? and of COURSE, this COMMENT is NOT intended for YOUR enlightenment, unless FATE is KIND, which we ALL know from the WORD itself, (FATALITY)........NOT?! :judges: :1crysad: :cwm2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 10-14-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: Queue the godbots....it was only a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Huh? Where did you read that a military chaplain molested children?
    They do? First time I hear that too.
    Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.:yelcutelaughA:

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Huh? Where did you read that a military chaplain molested children?
    You mean there's such a thing as a chaplain that doesn't molest children? Such a creature the news has never seen.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    You mean there's such a thing as a chaplain that doesn't molest children? Such a creature the news has never seen.

....ok? Whatever.

Re: Queue the godbots....it was only a matter of t

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    so you are saying there is NO son of god!? i know it says SOMEwhere in the bible that ALL seed is god's seed!? or NOT!? and that the seed referred to IS/includes SPERM, or NOT!? :judges: : :spin2: :
    I suppose you could say God's creation are seeds, but the NT son of God seems to be different. It specifies Jesus as the only son of God. But it is confusing because Paul claims Jesus is God's first born, and we are the Nth born, only however if we accept Jesus as God's first born. Isn't that puzzling? Then, Paul goes on to say we are co-heirs with Jesus in heaven. Well, then, according to Paul, we're all equal to Jesus, assuming, of course, we accept Jesus as the son of God. :judges::

Do you have that?

Well, if you understand the whole thing you're in line to be the next Pope.

I have an explanation for this cloud of ambiguity.

Assuming God is two entities, both equal in power, glory and holiness; and assuming Jesus was God, we have total confusion. After Jesus was murdered, 35-70 years later, NT authors tried to reconstruct the minister of Jesus. Unable to understand the nature of God, they invented son of God stories. Thus, we have the beginning of the Christian era.

Guess what, there is no trinity. There is only the duality of God.

What a relief, we don't have to figure out the trinity.

Wait, how about the holy ghost?

Guess what? There is no holy ghost.

Christians love the holy ghost, or holy spirit. How many preachers say, the holy spirit told me that? How many holy wars have been fought in the name of the holy spirit? How many religious sects have sprung up in the name of the holy spirit? How many people have been condemned in the name of the holy spirit? How many people feel vindicated in the name of the holy spirit?

How sad. If the holy spirit doesn't exist, a whole lot of people have been deluded.

Maybe we should go back to the Old Testament where God first appeared as the Lord. Judaism doesn't muddy up theological waters with the trinity.:smurf:
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Cnance, you're pretty close to what I'm understanding the Jehova's Witnesses believe. (correct if I'm wrong)

Only, from what I understand of JW's (again correct if wrong), there is no holy spirit, just the power of God the father whose expression or manifestation of power is holy spirit (holy power of God made manifest).

Metatron or Michael the arch-angel is the 1st fruits of God's creation, and as such (being metatron) he is by definition the voice of God. God created the arch angel Michael Metatron after several failed attempts at creation, as the very sound of His voice, being God, destroyed even as it created, such was the power and might of God....so he created Metatron, a being powerful enough to withstand his "awesomness" and making it so that all was created through the Word, which is a god

JW's New World Translation:
    1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

...So, no duality in God. Just one God. One Son (1st Fruits of all creation), one Spirit of God (manifestation of God's power).
    Easily explains Jesus/metatron/word/arch angel as only Son/second in command/ only BEGOTTEN son through Mary (volunteered himself to be born in flesh), and mediator between God and Man.

JW's no duality. No Trinity. One God. One Son,
    Last edited by bibleman; 11-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Cnance, you're pretty close to what I'm understanding the Jehovah's Witnesses believe. (correct if I'm wrong)
    Incorrect. They believe Jesus was the son of God, I don't. They also don't believe God is duality.

Only, from what I understand of JW's (again correct if wrong), there is no holy spirit, just the power of God the father whose expression or manifestation of power is holy spirit (holy power of God made manifest).
    JW's believe the holy spirit, Jesus, God and angels are all a means to God's truth.

Metatron or Michael the arch-angel is the 1st fruits of God's creation, and as such (being metatron) he is by definition the voice of God. God created the arch angel Michael Metatron after several failed attempts at creation, as the very sound of His voice, being God, destroyed even as it created, such was the power and might of God....so he created Metatron, a being powerful enough to withstand his "awesomness" and making it so that all was created through the Word, which is a god
    I don't hold such a beliefs.

As for Michael, I believe he (it) is God's chief angel, as such, he is God's general in heaven's war with Satan.

JW's New World Translation:
    Don't accept it.

...So, no duality in God. Just one God. One Son (1st Fruits of all creation), one Spirit of God (manifestation of God's power).
    Easily explains Jesus/metatron/word/arch angel as only Son/second in command/ only BEGOTTEN son through Mary (volunteered himself to be born in flesh), and mediator between God and Man.

JW's no duality. No Trinity. One God. One Son,
    I believe God is a duality, and there is no son of God. So, I am not a Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sorry, I don't fit into any religious sect.

I also have serious doubts about the parentage of Jesus. I think it may be possible that God came into the world as Jesus without parents. That would mean God simple appeared as Jesus and began His ministry. When you research the topic, you find no documented evidence for Joseph and Mary. Mostly, those stories came from the gospels, and the authors were not eyewitnesses to Jesus. They were Creek, not Hebrew, and there's no evidence that they lived in, or visited, the "holy land." See Bart D. Ehrman's book, Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Incorrect.

LOL - I was WAY off, huh?