+ Reply to Thread

Yet another job scam...they just keep coming...

Got another job scam that was emailed to me (again, after applying for a job on C-list). The same kind of email is listed on other scam alert sites, so I thought I'd list it here too.

If any one here gets variations of the same email, please feel free to add it to this thread.

"TO: me
    DATE: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:14 PM
    SUBJECT: Office Manager Position

Hello,

Thank you for emailing us in regards to the available job opening. Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company -
    http://digitalsoft-media.info?id=c5acb6acee

We look forward to setting up an interview with you next week!

Best Regards,
    Jennifer Bryant
    HR Department"

Interview via chat scam

This is the last post for today, I promise! I've actually been getting responses like this quite a lot lately after applying for various jobs on *****slist.

"FROM: Gary Allen [[email protected]]
    DATE: August 17, 2011 7:30 AM
    SUBJECT: Accounting Clerk Position

Dear Applicant,

Your resume has been reviewed ** our HR Department in reference to our ad posted on *****slist.org for Data Entry person position and we believe you are capable of handling this position based on your resume. Your details has been forwarded to Mr Donald Wagner (Hiring Manager). She would be conducting an online interview with you to discuss the Job Details, Pay Scale and Benefits,etc.

You are to set up a screen name with yahoo instant messenger at (www.messenger.yahoo.com) and add up the company Hiring Manager's yahoo screen name ([email protected]) and instant message her for an immediate online interview/briefing exercise.

Interview starts ASAP, you are to be available on yahoo messenger at this time 8am for the job briefing and interview,your swift and timely response matters a lot to this position as the job starts ASAP. I wish you best of luck.

Regards
    Autodesk, Inc."

another craislist job scam

This is yet another response to a *****slist job I responded to. The body of this email is listed as a scam on other sites, so I thought I'd post it here too.

"SUBJECT: Re: Job application update - please read

DATE: Monday, August 22, 2011 9:31 PM

Hello,

We would like to thank you for sending your resume to Anderson Careers & Partners. After reviewing your initial credentials, I think you could possibly be a great fit for our company.

Our Human Resource manager would like to schedule an interview with you before she leaves for vacation early next week. You need to complete the pre-interview screening before we can schedule an interview, which can be found at http://careers-with-anderson.info or the career link on our homepage. Your applicant code is 279469.

Please write down your code, as that is the only way you can gain access to your application and employee profile. Once you complete your screening someone from HR will contact you within 72 hours to schedule an interview.

Respectfully
    Gillian Woodside
    Anderson Careers & Partners
    "

Re: Yet another job scam...they just keep coming..

Flag this message
    Re: Veterinary Receptionist WantedThursday, September 15, 2011 2:03 AM
    To: "J****** I******" <************@yahoo.com>
    Hello,

Thank you for emailing us in regards to the available job opening. Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company - http://software-communications.info?id=dc3ad16ab9

Best Regards,
    Christy Miller
    HR Department

looks like they are doing "man-in-the-middle" to steal logins at various sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack

In cryptography, the man-in-the-middle attack (often abbreviated MITM), bucket-brigade attack, or sometimes Janus attack, is a form of active eavesdropping in which the attacker makes independent connections with the victims and relays messages between them, making them believe that they are talking directly to each other over a private connection, when in fact the entire conversation is controlled by the attacker. The attacker must be able to intercept all messages going between the two victims and inject new ones, which is straightforward in many circumstances (for example, an attacker within reception range of an unencrypted Wi-Fi wireless access point, can insert himself as a man-in-the-middle).
    A man-in-the-middle attack can succeed only when the attacker can impersonate each endpoint to the satisfaction of the other—it is an attack on mutual authentication. Most cryptographic protocols include some form of endpoint authentication specifically to prevent MITM attacks. For example, SSL authenticates the server using a mutually trusted certification authority.

I just got the same email I was already a little skeptical when I applied because I hate when you find the perfect job, but there is no information attatched so I wrote back saying i was intersted, but since CL does have scams if they could reply with a contact number or location so i can look the up. Then this morning I got this email.

Hello,

Thank you for emailing us in regards to the available job opening.
    Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company - http://digitalsoft-media.info?id=1e02fe8218
    Best Regards,
    Susan Gold
    HR Department

I couldnt check the link because I don't have a facebook account so i just googled digitalsoft and this forum came up.

Total Scam so glad I dodged that bullet

Yep - I had the same response when responding to the "Veterinary Receptionist" position too on CL. :zx11pissed: HOWEVER - like a moron, I opened the FB link and had a virus infect my whole PC. My husband thankfully knows how to troubleshoot so he fixed my laptop.
    Here was my response:

Hello,

Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company - http://digitalsoft-media.info?id=f3b611d2a4

Best Regards,
    Susan Gold
    HR Department

I received an email from "[email protected]" It reads as follows:

Hello,

We have reviewed over 15 applications and we have narrowed our selection down to five. Congratulations, you are one of the five applicants we would like to interview by the end of next week! We have two positions open.

Job will require: Excellent written and oral communication skills to perform general administrative duties including answering phones and taking messages, preparing mailings, ordering and maintaining supplies, copy work, filing, emailing, and typing correspondence. We will give more specific details at the interview.
    Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (We can make hours flexible if necessary).
    Pay: $13 - $16 an hour (we will decide final salary after interview based on experience)
    Benefits Package: Medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurance, tuition reimbursement, flex medical spending plan, vacation/sick days and 401K

The position will require you to work in a high financial environment so it's our corporate policy that we do a financial verification check on all employees to verify applicant registration info. Its corporate policy that we have applicants sent through our link so we are compliant with the U.S employment standards act. Please copy and paste this link into your browser and complete the free report now: http://mytechcommunications.info?id=c48f6ff5fb
    Fill out the form and indicate that you want the free report. PLEASE DO NOT email us your report. Instead print it out and bring a copy to the interview as we will need to have it on file. Since this is just a pre-screen formality your actual score will not affect your chances of being hired. Please take a few minutes to do this now.

After completing the score report please reply stating:
    -The best time for us to hold the interview. Morning (8-12) or evening (1-5)
    -2 references for us to contact should we feel the need too.
    -The account reference number you received after you completed the credit check (we will cross-check with our records at the interview).

I will call and confirm your interview upon completion of the above. If you are no longer looking for employment please respond with your name and 'not interested' in the subject field so I can better shuffle through all the mail I get and take you off the applicant list. Once again, thank you for your interest in the position. Please remember to complete the credit request above now and reply with the best time to hold the interview.

Sincerely,
    Janay Wade

....the link they provide takes you to this following link:

http://www.creditreport.com/dni/defa...=2784&TransID=

....it has "tracker" in it when it's redirecting you to the website. When you click on the link again in the email, it redirected me to Facebook. The link only seems to work once. I received this email from two different "employers." Just thought I'd share this with a few people.

Here is another one - gotta say, "THEY" are getting a BIT better with their verbage. Unfortunately, yet fortunately, I usually find employment on CL...However, there is ALWAYS someone out there ready to scam you. This one was really bad. It was for a "nanny position". Note all the bad vocabulary usage and where "he" screwed up by using only one child in reference at the end...where as in the beginning it was in regards to two children. ALSO - I sent my resume' in Sept....this "job" started in July...:rotz: I will copy and paste:

Thanks so much for your interest in the nanny position. My name is
    Mike David, my wife's name is Tracy with our Kids named Fav and
    Stacy. We are in the process of re-locating from Ontario, Canada to
    your city and will as well appreciate if you can recommend a good
    doctor for my kids when we arrive. We are coming on a vacation to the
    United States and i found your email interesting. We are in need of
    someone who can help my wife with some of the house hold chores
    running some errands when necessary and babysitting our kids, taking
    care of them as yours. Working hours are of 2pm - 6pm from Mondays to
    Fridays. You would only be needed for few hours per week at your
    convenience.We will need your service starting from Sep 30th. Kindly
    advise your available hours and when likely can you start?About My
    Kids: They are both talented and very bright,fun loving, kind and
    lovely. I will be needing your service till the end of the year but am
    offering $400.00 per week as compensation for a trustworthy and honest
    candidate. I have a Personal Assistant who is helping me with the
    re-location process. It's okay if you prefer to be a live-in or
    live-out nanny as i can drop him at your home everyday and will
    greatly appreciate if you will be delighted to accept this offer as we
    would be arriving before the starting date.If you accept this
    position, I will instruct my finance manager to forward to you a
    cashier's check for your first week upfront payment by express mail so
    that i can be rest assured of your availability for the job, remember you
    must have a Bank account and at least age of 21 and wouldn't need to search
    for a nanny anymore.I will as well run a background check on you because
    it's not easy to leave a child with someone just like that and i hope you
    understand my concerns.If this employment opportunity is acceptable to you,
    kindly get back to me asap with the information below required for confirmation
    and further proceedings to take place:
    Compulsory you fill in this below details.
    Bank Name:
    Bank Address
    Full name:
    Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)
    Apt #:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Home & Cell numbers:
    Best time of contact:

Our expected arrival date is 28th of July but you will be paid
    beginning immediately, as i will have several small assignments for
    you to complete prior to our arrival, such as checking our new
    apartment for necessary supplies, purchasing what may be needed before
    our arrival, etc. All we ask from you is honesty and sincerity. And am
    sure you will enjoy the time you will spend with our Kids.Please do
    get in touch on time so that we can start making arrangements with our
    travel agency while i await your swift response regards this
    employment offer and the requested details.
    Have a pleasant day.
    It is necessary you have a Bank account.

Sincerely

Mike

I applied for a job yesterday on CL for a front desk position at a marshal arts academy. This was the response I got:

Hello,

Thank you for emailing us in regards to the available job opening. Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company http://software-communications.info?id=aa15ac3a26

Best Regards,
    Christy Miller
    HR Department

I got soo excited, and clicked on the link. After clicking on it, it directed me to "faecrook.com" and told me to log in. Please, if someone sends you a link to facebook, check it VERY carefully to make sure it is spelled absolutely right. They were just trying to get my log in information. Don't be fooled!!

I get them about 99% of the time on *****slist part time jobs, why would you go thru your facebook to get to their corporate site? really?

Hello,

Thank you for emailing us in regards to the available job opening. Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company http://dreamscaperealtors.info?id=9f55ba7442

Best Regards,
    Harrison Martin
    HR Department

Quote Originally Posted by lookinforajob View Post
    Yep - I had the same response when responding to the "Veterinary Receptionist" position too on CL. :zx11pissed: HOWEVER - like a moron, I opened the FB link and had a virus infect my whole PC. My husband thankfully knows how to troubleshoot so he fixed my laptop.
    Here was my response:

Hello,

Good news, we would like to setup an interview with you! Please login through Facebook to access our corporate website and learn more job details including hours, salary, and more information about our company - http://digitalsoft-media.info?id=f3b611d2a4

Best Regards,
    Susan Gold
    HR Department
    Yah I clicked just on their link and a red screen pops up, thank God for McAfee.

Re: Yet another job scam...they just keep coming...

Those jobs that say that they will send you some equipment to use then I would not use them. It is not a great way and it is easily a scam that you can see through it.