+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Recommended MLM's for Fitness Equipment?

I'm heavily into olympic weightlifting, kettlebells, powerlifting, ring work, crossfit type metcons, etc. I'd like to know if there are any compatible MLM's that deal with any of these categories.

I'm looking into starting a personal training business. I intend to maybe work out of a gym, but preferably out of my two car garage, or ** travelling to the client's home and bringing my equipment to them. I'm going to start a blog, a facebook page, a youtube page and a main site, something along the lines of www.mikemahler.com or www.rosstraining.com. I'm going to partner with various sites that I buy equipment from, like muscledriverusa, lifelineusa, rogue fitness, etc. to earn residuals from their affiliate programs. I could easily push the MMA High Altitude Training Mask given my occupation as a firefighter. I'd consider doing a compatible MLM as well, if I can find an honest one.

I looked at teambeachbody, but I'd like to sell more than just the Insanity, P90X, and supplements. There's a whole lot more to general physical preparedness than what they have. I'd also like to be able to direct MLM customers to my personal site for the affiliate residuals and online training, and from there to the MLM site.

Anybody got anything?

Re: Recommended MLM's for Fitness Equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    I'm looking into starting a personal training business. I intend to maybe work out of a gym, but preferably out of my two car garage, or ** travelling to the client's home and bringing my equipment to them.
    Good idea. There's a huge market for this type of business if you know what you're doing.

I'm heavily into olympic weightlifting, kettlebells, powerlifting, ring work, crossfit type metcons, etc. I'd like to know if there are any compatible MLM's that deal with any of these categories.
    Other than supplements, nothing I'm aware of.

People can buy this equipment (and quality supplements) so cheaply on line that MLM just wouldn't work.

I'm looking into starting a personal training business. I intend to maybe work out of a gym, but preferably out of my two car garage, or ** travelling to the client's home and bringing my equipment to them. I'm going to start a blog, a facebook page, a youtube page and a main site, something along the lines of www.mikemahler.com or www.rosstraining.com. I'm going to partner with various sites that I buy equipment from, like muscledriverusa, lifelineusa, rogue fitness, etc. to earn residuals from their affiliate programs. I could easily push the MMA High Altitude Training Mask given my occupation as a firefighter. I'd consider doing a compatible MLM as well, if I can find an honest one.

I looked at teambeachbody, but I'd like to sell more than just the Insanity, P90X, and supplements. There's a whole lot more to general physical preparedness than what they have. I'd also like to be able to direct MLM customers to my personal site for the affiliate residuals and online training, and from there to the MLM site.

Anybody got anything?
    Hey Boxy, we have a subject we can talk about without being nasty and disrespectful to each other. ''Powerbuilding'' (I know its not a proper term, but I like it) is my hobb-y and I'm planning on entering a powerlifting meet one day, though I'm in my fifties and my lifts aren't great, but its a great hobb-y!
    Last edited by ChrisDoyle; 08-18-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Anybody got anything?
    I do - STOP seeking out MLMs.

Your comments in other threads tell me you got burned.... yet here you go again looking for more ass biting flames.

I'm looking into starting a personal training business. I intend to maybe work out of a gym, but preferably out of my two car garage, or ** travelling to the client's home and bringing my equipment to them.
    And I might add, if you're serious about starting a business, distance yourself from anything MLM if you want clients to take you seriously.

Look at these Isagenix "PERSONAL CLEANSING COACH" folks.

Or that little butterball Matthew Adams calling himself a "Team Beachbody Coach".

What a joke!

Get some proper certs.

If you aren't aware of the good ones, here's an excellent article ** Tom Venuto in case you haven't read it:

So, you want to be a personal trainer?

We sell fitness equipment... hell, we sell everything, why limit yourself... If there is a particular vendor of equipment that you like and we dont have em listed?... we will list them.. Customizable

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    Good idea. There's a huge market for this type of business if you know what you're doing.

Other than supplements, nothing I'm aware of.

People can buy this equipment (and quality supplements) so cheaply on line that MLM just wouldn't work.
    That's my reservation with selling supplements and vitamins online. I can find the products cheaper either in stores, or on conventional web based stores.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Hey Boxy, we have a subject we can talk about without being nasty and disrespectful to each other. ''Powerbuilding'' (I know its not a proper term, but I like it) is my hobb-y and I'm planning on entering a powerlifting meet one day, though I'm in my fifties and my lifts aren't great, but its a great hobb-y!
    I recommend doing a lot of kettlebell work before you start moving serious weight on the big three. If you're in your fifties, you need to regain your lost mobility, and kettlebells are the best way to do that, IMO. Powerlifting on top of functional mobility issues is strongly discouraged. Check out Pavel's "Enter the Kettlebell." The program minimum, which is simply swings and Turkish get-ups are a good place to start. He says that get-ups are great for shoulder rehab, and I've seen that to be true in my own experience. Goblet squats are also good for getting a$$ to grass on the squats. Westside Barbell uses kettlebells, and so does Glenn Pendlay from California Strength Weightlifting. Gymnastic ring work wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperUltraJulie View Post
    I do - STOP seeking out MLMs.

Your comments in other threads tell me you got burned.... yet here you go again looking for more ass biting flames.
    It would have to be up to my standards. If I don't come across anything to my liking, then I won't pull the trigger. I'm doing fine with my career, and I plan to do well with the business plan I outlined above, with some intellectual property for sale if things go well. I'd incorporate a fitness MLM if it were complementary, and if it didn't repel customers for my main business, given MLM's stigma. TeamBeachbody seemed good on paper, until I saw www.teambeachbodysucks.org which made me change my mind.

I'll probably stick with plan A, work 25 + 3 in the DROP, buy investment properties somewhere near military such as Stafford or Woodbridge for example, (a co-worker is racking up with this at the moment), sell my primary residence, put 20% down on a residence in a Southern state with a lower tax burden, mortgage the rest and let that plus the DROP/457 money pay my mortgage, and see where the personal training/fitness site w/ intellectual property sales and affiliate commissions goes.

There's a guy in the shopping center behind Fairfax Station 31 that owns a fitness studio, trains people ** appointment, has a few people working under him that he schedules clients with, and also sells bumper plates, kettlebells, bars, sleds, and other fitness equipment out of his studio. I might try something like that, so that I could have somebody train my clients while I'm at work, since I do rotating shift work. There's also lots of money out there in group classes. Zumba is huge right now. The Franconia fire station rents out their bingo hall for Zumba every Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Boot camps are also quite lucrative. I could easily buy some kettlebells, and hold calisthenic/kettlebell boot camps in the park, or at one of the various VFD halls in my area. I could then hire people, teach them what I know, and have them run these group sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    And I might add, if you're serious about starting a business, distance yourself from anything MLM if you want clients to take you seriously.

Look at these Isagenix "PERSONAL CLEANSING COACH" folks.

Or that little butterball Matthew Adams calling himself a "Team Beachbody Coach".

What a joke!

Get some proper certs.

If you aren't aware of the good ones, here's an excellent article ** Tom Venuto in case you haven't read it:

So, you want to be a personal trainer?
    Good point. I would keep the MLM seperate from the other business, given MLM's stigma. I don't want to be seen as a "whore" that's trying to sell anything and everything at one time.

The TBB "coach" thing is laughable. You need education and experience to be an effective coach. "Mentor" or "Fitness Partner" would have been more appropriate, perhaps. www.teambeachbodysucks.org turned me off to that MLM as well. He was doing well with sales and working with his customers one on one, then the company whored themselves out ** overemphasizing the network building at the expense of their customers, among many other things.

Great link, thanks. I like Mike Mahler's youtube speaking clips on how he conducts his online business. He talks about marketing his intellectual property, visitng other sites for ideas w/o copying them, the most cost effective way to produce, store and distribute product via a third party, how you offer a free e-book when they buy a product, to add value, etc. etc. Great stuff!

As far as certs, I'm getting the NCSM cert and working within my FD as a Peer Fitness Trainer with recruits, with those that fail our yearly Work Performance Evaluation, and also ** visiting fire stations and working with the crews. I'm looking into the HKC (kettlebell) cert, then the RKC. I'm looking into the USAW (Oly Weightlifting) cert, since I have an Oly background with the Lost Battalion Hall Weightlifting Club in NYC, and I might do the Crossfit Level one, since I know Crossfit Fairfax's owner, and they're also opening up a box in my area. It's not worth it to pursue a 4-6 year degree for the business, since this will likely be an on-the-side thing. My FT career more than pays my bills already, and I've been there less than five years.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Watch it on house purchases right now...

You gotta buy way..way below market deals in order to last through what this recession currently looks like.

Be cash positive from rent for taxes, mortgage and insurance in 10 months or forget it.
    My co-worker bought several properties in Prince William County, VA not long after the housing crash, since they were the hardest hit in the area to the tune of 40-50%. There were a high proportion of subprime mortgages in the area that defaulted. Renting to military is a sure bet, and he's racking up with the BRAC re-alignment. Plenty of Gov't contractors moving into the area as well. Ft. Belvoir and Quantico are right there as well. There are some steals in Stafford County right now for the same reason. When the housing market takes a hit, rentals will be in higher demand. I'll probably wait until I get a few step increases and a promotion before I get into rentals, so that I can cover the mortgage if I get a squatter or a vacent property. I'll also incorporate as a LLC to keep that business away from my primary residence.

I recommend doing a lot of kettlebell work before you start moving serious weight on the big three. If you're in your fifties, you need to regain your lost mobility, and kettlebells are the best way to do that, IMO. Powerlifting on top of functional mobility issues is strongly discouraged. Check out Pavel's "Enter the Kettlebell." The program minimum, which is simply swings and Turkish get-ups are a good place to start. He says that get-ups are great for shoulder rehab, and I've seen that to be true in my own experience. Goblet squats are also good for getting a$$ to grass on the squats. Westside Barbell uses kettlebells, and so does Glenn Pendlay from California Strength Weightlifting. Gymnastic ring work wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Cheers Box, I've been training for a couple of years now, so past the beginners stage, but I use KB's for warming up and conditioning work.
    Glenn Pendlay is one of my mentors, but my main one is John Scheaffer - Johnny Pain of Strengthvillain.com
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

That's my reservation with selling supplements and vitamins online. I can find the products cheaper either in stores, or on conventional web based stores.

Not true box... Ill show you how we exceed all industry standards ** 70% in bioavailability, efficacy, quality control and value... Mg to MG bioavailable we come out on top every time.. What good is it to ** little chunks of glue from GNC taht has "some Vitb12 in it... I dont care if its five bucks.. you just flushed 5 bucks down the tiolet.... Multiply the cost ANYTHING in a pill or tablet form ** a minumum of 5Xs to equal what you would get from an isotonic bioavailable product...

Quote Originally Posted by mssi2 View Post
    We sell fitness equipment... hell, we sell everything, why limit yourself... If there is a particular vendor of equipment that you like and we dont have em listed?... we will list them.. Customizable
    http://www.muscledriverusa.com/

http://www.roguefitness.com/?gclid=C...FUKo4Aod1iy98A

http://www.againfaster.com/

http://www.trainingmask.com/?gclid=C...FYLd4AodIheZ8A

http://ringtraining.com/?gclid=CLCLx...FYmK4AodRinu6g

These are all things that I actually use, or would recommend. In particular, I use the Pendlay Econ Bumpers and the V3 Gray Series Kettlebells from Muscledriver (the bells have to be single cast, not with the welded handle), the bars from rogue fitness, the mma training mask (it replicates SCBA greathing with a blacked out mask quite nicely, and the elite rings.

Including shipping, I would need to sell thes products at or below cost as advertised on the sites I've provided, or it's really not worth it.

Do you have prices on J. Robb protein powder that are cheaper than retail at Whole Foods?

I refuse to waste my time selling products that can be found cheaper elsewhere. If you can provide a price that matches or undercuts the supplier's main site, incuding my commission, then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by mssi2 View Post
    Not true box... Ill show you how we exceed all industry standards ** 70% in bioavailability, efficacy, quality control and value... Mg to MG bioavailable we come out on top every time.. What good is it to ** little chunks of glue from GNC taht has "some Vitb12 in it... I dont care if its five bucks.. you just flushed 5 bucks down the tiolet.... Multiply the cost ANYTHING in a pill or tablet form ** a minumum of 5Xs to equal what you would get from an isotonic bioavailable product...
    I take it you have some FDA comparison studies you'd like to show us?

OMG with the FDA thing... ha ha I love that.. Like I havnt heard THAT one before... REALLY????

Ok ill go into it so next time you dont sound so ignorant to those that actually have the education to chime in on comments like that...

FDA has no regulatory juristiction over the suppliment industry>> The side effects from FDA approved products kill over 200,000 per year.. Do you really want their stamp on anything??

The FDA can however regulate the manufacturing process which our manufacurers comply and exceed the grading ** 70%.. (No I dont have Documentation on that but if you want to be a wise ass about it Ill be happy to put you on the phone with the compliance and or scientific and medical teams if you would like) Infact all of our quality control and maufacturing complies with the new standards to be set forth in the coming years.. When they actually do make the changes we already comply.. MOST other companies will be assed out. We are even geared up for the next generation of changes after that.

The suppliment industry is monitored ** DSHEA for a comprensive overview look up the relationships between the two at the USDA website.

Im not going to run around and site case studies for you because you will just say im making it up myself... Yes I have access to tons of material stating those facts. ALL the clinical data is posted right on the site along with the product.. There is more there than you will ever want to read You can research till the sun comes up if you want.. I aint doin it for you.. Unless you want to buy something and try it that is.. Then ill be happy to walk you through it. ha ha