Experienced or Entry-Level Financial Advisor

Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc. is one of the fastest growing financial services firms in the Northwest with our corporate offices located in Bellevue, WA. Currently directing the financial lives and managing the assets of thousands of individuals and businesses. We are seeking high caliber individuals who will succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment in our Lake Oswego office. Our market is comprised of high income tax bracket individuals and business owners, where our expertise in tax planning and tax sensitive investing provides added value. We provide superior support and compensation for entry-level and experienced Financial Planners.

Job Description

To assist up-scale and emerging up-scale individuals meet their long-term financial goals such as retirement, college tuition, and estate planning, with heavy emphasis on tax reduction. Once a comprehensive financial plan is developed, to assist the client in all phases of implementation. Also, design and implementation of 401(k) and other retirement plans, with special emphasis on Selective Benefit Plans for highly compensated employees and owners. Training program leads to Certified Financial Planner and/or Chartered Financial Consultant designation(s). Salary plus commission plus bonuses. Full benefits.
Requirements

Job Requirements

Bachelors degree or higher; financial services, finance, economics, business administration, accounting or law preferred.
Track record of success in academic and/or career endeavors.
Can handle long hours and rigorous training.
Impeccable character: All applicants will be subject to extremely thorough background checks, including criminal and credit checks.

Applicants must have lived in the greater Portland area for three years or more.
What I've found out: They're privately operated, but sell services solely through Hornor, Townsend, & Kent and I've found a couple instances of them being fined. HTK is owned ** Penn Mutual.

I've heard potential Financial Adviser hires get lied to and mislead and I can't find any specific information about this being a scam. I did notice that this job listing has been posted multiple times since May - odd for a small company hiring people with no experience in an area with high unemployment. I've heard that these companies often times charge their employees for using office services, which, with a base pay of $24,000, is a dealbreaker. Their website is also pretty weak: http://www.pcrg.com/

I have an interview tomorrow and plenty of questions to ask. In the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts?