+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLM advertising

MLM advertising

MLM's state that word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising, which I agree with.

The problem is this: what do you do when your warm market has been exhausted. How do you advertise to the cold market?

I've seen so many of these scam artists online peddling great leads and all that but how do you advertise when your warm market is gone or you didn't have much of one in the first place?

WOM sounds great in theory but it doesn't always pan out.

Chris and Ohein post away :)

Re: MLM advertising

Quote Originally Posted by bsc8987 View Post
    MLM's state that word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising, which I agree with.

The problem is this: what do you do when your warm market has been exhausted. How do you advertise to the cold market?

I've seen so many of these scam artists online peddling great leads and all that but how do you advertise when your warm market is gone or you didn't have much of one in the first place?

You've raised the crucial issue, IMO.

What does one do in MLM/DS when one has worked their way through their 'warm' market?

Most people quit in frustration, way before they're finished with their warm list, TBH. The next step after the warm market though, is learning to develop ones own leads, or use someone elses,(ie, rent a leads list & learn how to prospect).

Regardless, commitment is required. For most people, that's the toughest part.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc8987
    And...?!:rryumy:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

A warm market, for most people, is ongoing. There are always new relationsips being formed through business, friends, and chance meetings. A warm list continuously grows... provided you don't puke your business all over everyone as soon as you meet them.

One thing most people fail to take into consideration is that you don't need to personally sponsor a huge amount of people in your business if you build responsibly and your customer base will grow fastest if you personalize and cultivate it. Your initial goal when you first enroll in a business is to recoup your initial expense whether it be ** retail sales or enjoining others to work with your distribution team.

Your question sounds sales oriented so I'll focus there but in reality the base principle applies to both selling and sponsoring. A key to WOM advertising is that more people than just yourself have to speak highly about somethng to generate large scale results. Thus referral sourcing bears the weight of WOM advertising. It is natural that a few of your customers will speak about their results that they got from your product or service. Some will be asked ** (b y - have no idea wy that word is sensored) others about visible results they have noticed. Too many people let it go at that. You need to follow up on that sector. Ask for referrals at the time of sale. The "who do you know" questions can be asked at any time. When you courtesy follow up with your customers find out if they have shared information on the product or service and if so ask for an introduction to the person.

Leads are a good way to expand your market but you have to remember that far more people are curious than they are serious. Depending on the type of lead you buy, you may have to go through dozens just to find someone interestedenough to want more info. How you communicate and control the information flow will have a large influence on your results.

So the thing to remember is it's Words of Mouths, plural not singular, and that you need to be the initiator. One other thing on that... once they see you show their friends the same courtesy they receive. They start contacting you with referrals before you even get to them, reducing the time you need to spend withcontacting them and allowing you to cultivate those new relationships and move them to warm market status.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc8987 View Post

Last edited by GeryD; 07-26-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

One word ''referrals''. You need never run out of people to talk to with referrals.
    Did you know that most adults know at least 250 people, and all those 250 know another 250 and so on......

My favourite book explains it perfectly, ''Endless Referrals'' b-y Bob Burg. Using his principles, you would never need spend a penny on advertising.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    My favourite book explains it perfectly, ''Endless Referrals'' b-y Bob Burg. Using his principles, you would never need spend a penny on advertising.
    And yet you spend all day here advertising.

You'd think if 1% of what you say is true, you'd own an island somewhere and wouldn't have to bother advertising.... yet, you don't.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    And yet you spend all day here advertising.

You'd think if 1% of what you say is true, you'd own an island somewhere and wouldn't have to bother advertising.... yet, you don't.
    1. I dont spend all day here. (I was down my allotment for 4 or 5 hours today). I am usually on here during frequent breaks in my sports trading which earns me a very nice living and also when I'm relaxing in front of the tv as I am now.

2. I dont advertise here. I dont mention anything about my business unless asked. The sigline is just there, it takes no input apart from the initial one and costs nothing.

Nice try though cal, but wrong again.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

1. I dont spend all day here. (I was down my allotment for 4 or 5 hours today). I am usually on here during frequent breaks in my sports trading which earns me a very nice living and also when I'm relaxing in front of the tv as I am now.

2. I dont advertise here. I dont mention anything about my business unless asked. The sigline is just there, it takes no input apart from the initial one and costs nothing.

I see cal's obsessing over signature lines again.

He seems to go back & forth between "Liar liar liar pants on fire", and Signature file police... moment b.y moment...& all the while being 'right' as the centerpiece.

Cals play-book follows...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    The Art of Being Right

The following lists the 38 stratagems described b.y Schopenhauer, in the order of their appearance in the book:

The Extension
    The Homonymy
    Generalize Your Opponent's Specific Statements
    Conceal Your Game
    False Propositions
    Postulate What Has to Be Proved
    Yield Admissions Through Questions
    Make Your Opponent Angry
    Questions in Detouring Order
    Take Advantage of the Nay-Sayer
    Generalize Admissions of Specific Cases
    Choose Metaphors Favourable to Your Proposition
    Agree to Reject the Counter-Proposition
    Claim Victory Despite Defeat
    Use Seemingly Absurd Propositions
    Arguments Ad Hominem
    Defense Through Subtle Distinction
    Interrupt, Break, Divert the Dispute
    Generalize the Matter, Then Argue Against it
    Draw Conclusions Yourself
    Meet Him With a Counter-Argument as Bad as His
    Petitio principii
    Make Him Exaggerate His Statement
    State a False Syllogism
    Find One Instance to the Contrary
    Turn the Tables
    Anger Indicates a Weak Point
    Persuade the Audience, Not the Opponent
    Diversion
    Appeal to Authority Rather Than Reason
    This Is Beyond Me
    Put His Thesis into Some Odious Category
    It Applies in Theory, but Not in Practice
    Don't Let Him Off the Hook
    Will Is More Effective Than Insight
    Bewilder Your opponent b.y Mere Bombast
    A Faulty Proof Refutes His Whole Position
    Become Personal, Insulting, Rude

Click Here!
    Keep yer blinders on Cal.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

2. I dont advertise here.
    your sigline says exactly the opposite.
    I dont mention anything about my business unless asked.
    Except for every post you make...sigline.
    The sigline is just there, it takes no input apart from the initial one
    it takes no input...yet you are constantly tweaking it to advertise your products and opp.
    and costs nothing.
    leave it to MLMers to not understand the concept of opportunity cost.
    Yes, you are wrong. We get that.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    i like how you say I'm obsessed. Pointing out simple facts isn't obsessed, it's merely telling the truth. You should try it sometime.

He seems to go back & forth between "Liar liar liar pants on fire", and Signature file police... moment b.y moment...& all the while being 'right' as the centerpiece.

Cals play-book follows...

Keep yer blinders on Cal.
    Lets be honest shall we, the king jester would not be posting here if links was removed from the signatures. He is using this forum as a form of advertising, if it work is up to him to decide but fact is that he wouldn't be posting unless he had the link in the signature. If I'm wrong he could remove the link for a month and keep posting. We both know this won't happen since he is desperate for business...

I really don't see how you could perform any form of advertisement with regard to MLM, if you show the product you could find yourself brining business to some other guy in the network not affiliated to you. If you market the opportunity few will be interested. You could try, but I doubt investors will be all interested in starting their own business.

I do not understand this leads people are talking about, what do you really buy in this? If I had 1000 people I knew would buy something from an MLM I would not sell these to someone else. I would sell to them myself instead! The guys I would sell are all the people who don't buy anything.

The only real strategy for marketing you have is to get lucky and find customers at random encounters. Targeting your family may sound good, but you will still at some stage need to find customers outside your family. Unless it is a really big family that is. I would also believe that some family members will ask you to take a hike if you try to sell them the junk most MLM's peddle. Approaching friends is probably a good idea if you want them to stop being friends...
    "This thread is as much of a failure as you are at MLM."

MLM explained

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Another blatant lie...eh Doyle?

Is this another one of you infamous misunderstandings about how other people interpreted your lies?

You should just admit to it and move on. Why lie?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    i like how you say I'm obsessed. Pointing out simple facts isn't obsessed, it's merely telling the truth. You should try it sometime.
    Nice...

#14- Claim Victory Despite Defeat

# 38 - Become Personal, Insulting, Rude

(Nice try at #8 Cal!, ...didn't work, at all!;-)

Of course, you're right again, what else?!, it's Cal!?:freak3:

(Now, should we start to debate the meaning of the word "obsessed", till we land on your particular definition of the word?!:freak3:)
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
    Lets be honest shall we, the king jester would not be posting here if links was removed from the signatures. He is using this forum as a form of advertising, if it work is up to him to decide but fact is that he wouldn't be posting unless he had the link in the signature. If I'm wrong he could remove the link for a month and keep posting. We both know this won't happen since he is desperate for business...

I really don't see how you could perform any form of advertisement with regard to MLM, if you show the product you could find yourself brining business to some other guy in the network not affiliated to you. If you market the opportunity few will be interested. You could try, but I doubt investors will be all interested in starting their own business.

I do not understand this leads people are talking about, what do you really buy in this? If I had 1000 people I knew would buy something from an MLM I would not sell these to someone else. I would sell to them myself instead! The guys I would sell are all the people who don't buy anything.

The only real strategy for marketing you have is to get lucky and find customers at random encounters. Targeting your family may sound good, but you will still at some stage need to find customers outside your family. Unless it is a really big family that is. I would also believe that some family members will ask you to take a hike if you try to sell them the junk most MLM's peddle. Approaching friends is probably a good idea if you want them to stop being friends...
    If you had a clue, you'd know this just is not the case.

If you approach a 'friend' about a business venture, or if you try and 'sell' them something, and they, "stop being friends", because of your approach, IMO, they weren't your "friends" to begin with, and more than likely, you're better off without them.

Next!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I dont advertise here.

Cholesterol challenges? Take a look at our NEW product!

What would your life look like if you left the 97% who choose to remain average and walked away and joined the 3% who want more out of life?
    This is got to be the most blatant lie here b-y Chris Doyle. He is saying completely opposite things in the same breath.

You are such a sewer rat. Now off and take your scamming elsewhere.
    Odds of success in MLM is as slim as winning the lottery, but except in lottery, every player has an equal and random chance, whereas in MLM the winners have all been pre-determined.

If you had a clue, you'd know this just is not the case.

If you approach a 'friend' about a business venture, or if you try and 'sell' them something, and they, "stop being friends", because of your approach, IMO, they weren't your "friends" to begin with, and more than likely, you're better off without them.

Next!
    MLM is not a business venture that can compare to me opening a garage or restaurant and looking for people to buy shares. When I was approached ** a guy at my job I put him in the no-friend-of-mine box instantly. I generally don't do business or sell/buy from friends since I know that only bad things can come from this. If I give them a bad investment opportunity they will blame me and are right when doing so. If I sell them a bad product they have their right to blame me, if I buy some crap from them I will blame them for selling me this.

Business and friendship don't mix and I would advice everyone who read this to be very careful when trying to mix the two...
    "This thread is as much of a failure as you are at MLM."

MLM explained

Quote Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
    MLM is not a business venture that can compare to me opening a garage or restaurant and looking for people to buy shares. When I was approached ** a guy at my job I put him in the no-friend-of-mine box instantly. I generally don't do business or sell/buy from friends since I know that only bad things can come from this. If I give them a bad investment opportunity they will blame me and are right when doing so. If I sell them a bad product they have their right to blame me, if I buy some crap from them I will blame them for selling me this.

Business and friendship don't mix and I would advice everyone who read this to be very careful when trying to mix the two...
    As I said, you're 'friend' that you discarded so readily, wasn't your 'friend' in the first place. And, IMO, if he was a true friend, you aren't much of a friend for trashing your relationship with him over something as relatively insignificant as approaching you with a business venture!

Some 'friend'. I'd suggest that you get off your self-centered ego trip and try and help your friends in their time of need, instead of "expecting bad things", if they want to do business with you, their so-called 'friend'. BS

I'm glad my friends aren't as shallow and inconsiderate as you are with your 'friends!':judges:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard