+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Re: Israeli terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Good Ronnie of Toronto;

It might help you to preface the Israel position on this if you look at it from a similar scenario.

America goes after Afghanistan.....Why did we go after them? The TALIBAN! That's why.....The Taliban were allowed to flourish and control a large area of Afghanistan....Did America hate Afghans, or want to keep you from visiting there via: their lovely ports of calling? ----NO----!

Our beef wasn't with the 86 year old working Afghani grandfather, it was with the Taliban....period.......
    Hold on. You're comparing two different things, here. You can't treat Afghanistan and Lebanon the same.

Reasons:

1) Bin Laden has sworn an offensive policy against the U.S. threatening to do worse than 9/11. Wheras with Hezbolah, we're talking about a few clowns who thought it would be a good idea to kidnap Israeli soldiers to swap for Hezbolah soldiers. The magnitude of these two offenses is much different.

2) Taliban rule is incredibly different from Hezbolah. We've all heard the story of women's oppression under the Taliban, but that doesn't exist in Lebanon. Hezbolah actually gets involved in construction and social services. Their presence there has one purpose - keep invaders like U.S. or Israel out. In fact, that's how they got started. They were suddenly formed from the last Israeli invasion.

3) Bin Laden has killed far more Americans and cost America millions of dollars more in damages than those across the border rocket attacks, which seems to have killed very few people.

4) There's already democracy in Lebanon. Under the Taliban, there was not.

Now please understand, when you consider that Hezbolah fired rockets on Israel, Israel has the right defend itself by going after them. And vice versa. If Israel attacks anyone, that person has the right to go after them.

It's a fight. When you challenge someone to a fight, expect them to punch back. It's fair. So I'm not restraining Israel here.

I merely tried to open a debate on whether blowing up highways and airports was retaliation against the organization, or against a bunch of civilians that had nothing to do with those recent events.

And now, I'm trying to prevent right-wingers from making the most unusual of comparisons, comparing Hezbolah to:
    • Japanese during WWII, who attacked Pearl Harbor
      Nazi Germany
      And now, thanks to Raider, the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden

And now, I'm trying to prevent right-wingers from making the most unusual of comparisons, comparing Hezbolah to:

* Japanese during WWII, who attacked Pearl Harbor
    Nazi Germany
    And now, thanks to Raider, the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden
    lol -- we are dealing with the flying monkey brigade ... gigantic leaps are to be expected from the chimps .. ... making connections where none exist .. leaping from tree top to tree top .. a big stretch .. only to fall on their collective faces...

Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli
    And what the Radical Muslims are any better? They walk into crowds of people with explosives strapped to their back, and call it freedom fighting. They kill and torture, their people, other people and turn countries that were once some of the greatest areas of culture and commerce into slums and areas of filth and pestilence. Israel has at least built something of themselves, they have risen above the trash that is Gaza, and while they may not be right or justified in their actions. At least they try to be something more than terrorists. Which these radical muslims do not. they wish women to be nothing more than property, they wish children to be bringers of death, and preach to them they will end up in paradise with 70 virgins to do their bidding when they kill innocent people. You judge who is more immoral. Because heres what it comes down to. Every culture has corruption, every area has people that will lie, cheat, steal and kill their way into power. But as a whole, how do those people live and what do they do on a daily basis. The muslim people are not taking responsibilty for actions of the radicals admist them. They may not condone it, but doing nothing to ebb the flow of evil in their midst is almost as bad as being a part of it.
    You are a racist. I bolded the first sentence that shows your seething contempt and hatred for a people of a geographical area. I don't mean that to say that you're opinion isn't valid or to put you down. I just mean that you have a problem and you could use some help.

The Muslim people have already condemned terrorists. What more do you want them to do? I think it's hypocritical of you to ask for the assistance of civilians to defeat your enemies, when you don't care to answer the pleas from civilians who plead for yours.

Look at the oppresive Communist China regime, and how they slaughter the Tibetan people. You didn't come to their aid. In fact, China is one of the biggest business partners to the U.S.

Plus, the fact is that sometimes civilians are just helpless. I'm not Muslim, but I can imagine a lot of them just want to live peacefully and productively, and to expect them to help you in the war on terror, especially after the insults you heap on them, is really dumb.

Does this team have a closer? You know someone who can kick this thread to the curb? Not seeing where anything's being solved here....Next......
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    In the laboratory, it's been demonstrated that Monkeys don't have a very sophisticated sense of humor...if that's what one is want to call it. True humor is reserved for human beings to express, so you'll find these Monkeys seem entertained by the most oblique, meaningless and silly little things. All the simian gibbering in the posts above, however, show that Monkey behavior can be quite comical.
    dchristie: Are you the one on the left or the one on the right? Or they both of you, one just a little older? Hard to tell with all your makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli
    Yes, he won after they threw away all the black votes in Florida...

And I did personally attack you correct? But it's great that you feel the need to resort to that.

Let's get to the facts, the Bush family is using America to advnace their own agendas, advance their fortunes, and creat the "New World Order" the Bush's have been trying to accomplish for so many years.
    You have got be kidding me. You call that an attack? Threw away all the black votes in Florida? You're kidding right? If they did, Bush would have won by a landslide. But just for fun, let's assume they did. Now, did those counter all the Military votes thrown out by the dems? You can play tit for tat all you want. I just find it funny that after all these years, all you libs can cry about is that in your demented minds Bush won in 2000. Funny, the last time I checked, you only counted votes that were legitimate. Dimples don't count, neither to hanging chads. Any 2 yearl old could have punched through the ballot. To say that an adult couldn't is really out there. Now, if you put a dozen cards in one slot and try it, different story. You people really are sick. You must have had a real bad childhood, then again you are probably still in it. How's that for the opening for an attack? Just curious, why are all of you so afraid of Fox news? If it is so, as you call it, biased, then why are their ratings so high, and beating the pants off the major's? Somebody is watching, and it isn't you kooks.

Apparently not. Like two days ago when the bigs recorded ZERO saves for the first time in like 30 years....apparently this thread will also go forever without closure.

While I'm here. I find it idiotic that anyone's talking about the 2000 election forgodsake....What have you been doing for the past 6 years....Check that...I don't want to know...What's funnier is that folks respond to that rhetoric.......Well not funny really cuz it illustrates the vast polarity going on in this country and others as well. The polarity notwithstanding this house needs to get in order prior to demanding some other's do.

Quote Originally Posted by blogtommy
    Does this team have a closer? You know someone who can kick this thread to the curb? Not seeing where anything's being solved here....Next......
    I think that's ridiculous. When was anything ever "solved" on this forum. We'll never "solve" the abortion issue, the gay marriage issue, and pretty much all the major devisive issues. Even if you did get your request of closing this thread, we'd start another one with a different title.

kids.stop fighting. you know what i really think.we can first and foremost stop being hypocritical and say UNITED WE STAND(and no it doesnt mean UNITED STATES WE STAND) what you guys didnt see is the super mega ultra fine print. UNITED WE STAND divided we fall.the left and right are always going at it.I see our country is going downhill.ladies and gentlemen we are the new Rome.

Its what our enemies wanted.and we are giving it to them right at their doorsteps.this cant be stopped as i see it. Ihope i wont see it in my lifetime.but aww shucks im still young.well whatever then the world will fall into choas after that after the massive iron gates once called America crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I think that's ridiculous. When was anything ever "solved" on this forum. We'll never "solve" the abortion issue, the gay marriage issue, and pretty much all the major devisive issues. Even if you did get your request of closing this thread, we'd start another one with a different title.
    Have fun in your world. You must be a real joy to be around. For your information many questions are answered and things are solved here. Scams are exposed and idiots are put in check. Well some are.

Quote Originally Posted by blogtommy
    Have fun in your world. You must be a real joy to be around. For your information many questions are answered and things are solved here. Scams are exposed and idiots are put in check. Well some are.
    Not in Politics section, friend.

TheWorker Guest

Bombing the airport is no different than the US bombing the Baghdad airport during the Iraq war. the country harbors terrorists and refuses to do anything about the hizbollah control of an entire region of their country. The modern days war on terror apparently goes by the notion that if you are a government/country that knowingly does nothign about large and destructive terrorist organizations, then your country is a target....all of it.

Not saying I agree with the infrastruture bombings that in the end only hurt the civilians, but that is why the Israelis are turning back the Lebonese clocks.

oh and if you read the articles and listen to news accounts, the highways are the links to Syria, a suppliar and place of retreat for the Hezbollah.

I'm neutral in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. I think the two should co-exist. But I just want to talk about the bombing of the airport in Lebanon.

I, as a Canadian, feel violated by this attack. I also felt violated by the WTC bombings. I believe that if I wanted a career in those towers, I could have pursued one. As well, if I wanted to land in that airport, I could. I feel that Israel's attack on that airport was unjustified. Neither Hamas, nor Hezbolah, owned that airport.

That airport was an essential part of Lebanese economy. That airport was your and my freedom to go to Lebanon. Now 25 000 Americans are stranded there, and Bush is trying to figure out a way to get them out if war breaks out.

Israel did have the right to retaliate, to find its kidnapped soldiers and bring the people who did it to justice. But to attack an airport is absurd. It's terrorism.

Israel also bombed a Lebanese highway. Instead of going after Hezbolah, it is attempting to strangle the economy of an entire country.

Rush Limbaugh is comparing Israel bombing Lebanon to what the Americans to Japan after Pearl Harbor. It is totally irresponsible to compare modern day terrorists to the Japanese, to compare this war to WWII.

The Japanese were partners with Hitler. They should have been bombed before Pearl Harbor.

I'm tired of complaints about how the media is questioning the president, about how they didn't do that during WWII. Hitler was a much, MUCH greater threat than the enemies in this war. To take the same measures we took against Hitler, against, say, an insurgency is insane. It would be insane to drop an atomic bomb anywhere, such as we would have done in WWII.

I don't support actions against Israel, and I don't mean to deny them justice, but you don't get it by blowing up airports and highways. This is terribly immoral and I hope people can come down from their seething anger and hate and see that. This kind of behavior just breeds more of it.

You are a racist. I bolded the first sentence that shows your seething contempt and hatred for a people of a geographical area. I don't mean that to say that you're opinion isn't valid or to put you down. I just mean that you have a problem and you could use some help.

The Muslim people have already condemned terrorists. What more do you want them to do? I think it's hypocritical of you to ask for the assistance of civilians to defeat your enemies, when you don't care to answer the pleas from civilians who plead for yours.

Look at the oppresive Communist China regime, and how they slaughter the Tibetan people. You didn't come to their aid. In fact, China is one of the biggest business partners to the U.S.

Plus, the fact is that sometimes civilians are just helpless. I'm not Muslim, but I can imagine a lot of them just want to live peacefully and productively, and to expect them to help you in the war on terror, especially after the insults you heap on them, is really dumb.
    I am not a racist, I am a firm believer that all people are a wonderful creation of whatever god they believe in. Any skin color, creed, race, religion, it doesn't matter to me. I believe that I used the term RADICAL MUSLIMS. Never once referring to the billions of other muslims on the planet that do no harm.

Let me put a scenario in front of you. I have a gun in my hand, and in front of me I am watching the murder of an innocent person, by someone who has no right to killing that person. I decide to condem the murder but not help the innocent person and use the gun. Am I right or wrong? I believe that is wrong. When America wanted it's freedom, we took it with force. Now I'm not saying America is the end all be all of nations. But the same has been true for many countries in many time periods.

The Muslim people don't have a clear defined path right now. They've got two personalities within them The Koran which says to kill your enemies and die for the cause of religion. Some of them, the RADICAL ONES, believe that the Muslim nation will only rise to power once all their enemies have been slaughtered. And that is every one, every christian, every catholic, every bhuddist, ever person that is not of muslim faith. They are preaching this, and then you ahve the rest of muslim society, that only pays lip service to the Koran in that respect. So you tell me, how is it that when you have billions of people, that do not believe in what these RADICALS are doing, how can they not stop them when they outnumber them so easily. It's a crime of ommission. Most do not know which side to believe, and they sit idly by, waiting for leadership. If the Muslim people wanted to squash these RADICALS once and for all they truly could. It would not be difficult. This is what i speak of.

Oh and as for my Gaza comment, i was not referring to the people as trash. It is the area. It is one big slum. And the RADICAL Muslims keep it that way. Because thats the life they want. Power for few, nothing for the rest...
    Last edited by cscirpoli; 07-18-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne
    You have got be kidding me. You call that an attack? Threw away all the black votes in Florida? You're kidding right? If they did, Bush would have won by a landslide. But just for fun, let's assume they did. Now, did those counter all the Military votes thrown out by the dems? You can play tit for tat all you want. I just find it funny that after all these years, all you libs can cry about is that in your demented minds Bush won in 2000. Funny, the last time I checked, you only counted votes that were legitimate. Dimples don't count, neither to hanging chads. Any 2 yearl old could have punched through the ballot. To say that an adult couldn't is really out there. Now, if you put a dozen cards in one slot and try it, different story. You people really are sick. You must have had a real bad childhood, then again you are probably still in it. How's that for the opening for an attack? Just curious, why are all of you so afraid of Fox news? If it is so, as you call it, biased, then why are their ratings so high, and beating the pants off the major's? Somebody is watching, and it isn't you kooks.
    lol you probably believe Bush has your best interests in mind. and you also probably believe bush is a good and fair leader, and hes an intelligent leader. Tell me that, and I'll try to keep a straight face. You obviously have your opinion and there's nothing i can say to change that. So i wont try, it's not worth my time or effort to try and change the mind of a small minded individual toting the cry of a president most of this country knows to be an idiot and a puppet on a string.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Here's a couple of examples of those creatures that we are considering
    that have occupied Lebabnon, set up training camps, command centers,
    munitions supply stroages ("dumps"), entrenched theirself in the Lebabese
    Government and, given time, intended to take over Lebanon, as their slimy
    Taliban Brothers did in Afghanistan...

Aren't they really nice and presious? Would your trust them with your
    children?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne
    As compared to NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN calling Gore the winner hours before the polls closed in Florida? Of course none of these networks are biased. That's hard to say with a straight face. Problem is Bush did win. I realize that is a hard pill for you to swallow, but he won in 2000 (all 5 times the votes were counted), and 2004. Grow up.
    it's NOT that he won that BOTHERS SANE individuals but the fact that HE WON by CHEATIN!?let me explain for the HANDICAPPED!?(cowards!?)!?hehe!!is a man GOOD for HIS WORD!?OR NOT!?and is this NOT the very THING that seperates the LIBERALS form the CONSERVATIVES or NOT!?for a man's word is his BOND!?his claim to FAME or his RIGHT to RULE!?hehe!!so enough about the founding fathers already.GWB PROMISED in HIS campaign that he WAS MEANT to be KING by GOD!?and furthermore he PROMISED cooperation in CREATING a CLIMATE of BY PARTISAN SUPPORT to MOVE america FORWARD!?hehe!!now if you consider the ELECTION COUNT in FLORIDA(FOR INSTANCE) you cannot but HELP to SEE that the forces behind HIS election WERE IN COMPLETE CONTROL.......NULLIFYING HIS CLAIM to a godly POSITION!?i say this because it really COMES DOWN TO A PERSONAL(not POLITICAL) decision when the BUCK STOPS HERE!?hehe!!so by AGREEING to the forces BEHIND his election and NOT saying STOP!!to these forces is PROOF ENOUGH to me!!or in other WORDS.when the REPUBLICAN MACHINE interfered WITH THE RECOUNT BOTH PHYSICALLY and POLITICALLY,GWB LOST ALL INTEGRITY as far as HONEST PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED!?so i have to ask......ARE YOU AN HONEST PERSON!?hehe!!DO YOU GET IT!?hehe!!just askin........