+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 38

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Watch the theologians run!

    I just witnessed a person come on this blog to scam about "his" religious wisdom and how his way of believing is superior to others.

    The question is why anyone would believe anything these people say when all things which can be examined regarding their faith can be demonstrated to be lies or deceptions.

    I posted these questions which he has not replied to and no religious zealot can answer logically!

    Joxxxx 30542; what is the difference between you and Benny Hinn?

    You accept money as well, and you claim the Biblical deity is real even though there is absolutely no evidence that any of the OT legends by the Israelites are Israelite stories.

    The tales, from Genesis to Daniel are from Babylon (some of which the Babylonians got from the Sumerians) Hittites, Egyptians Greeks and others.

    There could never have been an exodus as the Bible states, you say you are educated in which case you also know that "I am that I am" was an Egyptian epithet for Amon Ra!

    Daniel reflects the turmoil in Babylon when Nabonidus attempted to reinstall the old worship of the moon God and the God who was thwarting that effort was Marduk.

    Have you read the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible? This indicates all Israelite scriptures were not completed prior to Masada.

    Have you read Prof. Donald Redford? He indicates that the Israelites were really known as the Shasu about 1300 BC.

    Have you read the Ante Nicene Fathers? If you have read these early fables you would be aware that Josephus never mentioned Jesus, the Christians falsified Josephus after Eusebius to justify their Jesus.

    There is no evidence for your Christ, there is no evidence anything in Judaism is correct so what is the difference between you and Benny Hinn?

    You accept money as a messenger of this God who only exists in people's fantasy, Benny Hinn may peddle his cult harder than you but you are booth making a living by misleading people!



    Best Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    97

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    yes very interesting, read the book 'jesus the man' by barbara thiering, it blows me away when i read a different view and history on jeshua based on using the pesher technique of reading the dead sea scrolls...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Yes j*man, I have read a book by Thiering and while I do not agree with her find of Jesus among the Dead Sea Scrolls she rises some valid points.

    What was really interesting to see was the evangelist who came on here and desired to impart to us his wonderful "message"; when I confronted him about the lies of the Christian cults he disappeared like a spooked rabbit.

    These people pray on the innocent and the uneducated, lining their pockets with ill gotten gains without as much as a pang of conscious remorse.

    The human race is inherently honest, ethical and moral, there is a small percentage which is evil, perhaps as high as five percent and these seem to converge in the ranks of religion.


    Best Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,298

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    i personally dont think the "religions" are the "seats" of the "highest" evil(doers).the highest evil doers are INVISIBLE to scrutiny by normal methods.they can only be REVEALED by god.but i have to ask you......why you spend so much time DENOUNCING the christ of god called jesus!?if you had something BETTER to offer,or if you really had found a more SUITABLE answer to your OWN LIFE and/or desires!?wouldn't it make more sense to just express this so the WILLING could follow!?why would you try to CONVERT everyone to your way!?if you actually KNOW A WAY!?or are you just lookin for GROUPYS like THOSE YOU ACCUSE!?hehe!!just askin.........

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    lexx; religions are the seats of ignorance and the cause of "man's" low self esteem. There is a far better way to look at it and it is that; all of humanity is basically good, honest and ethical; to do anything which transgresses this is an insult to man and an affront to God!

    The image of man as sinners brings out the worst in the human race and to say otherwise is to ignore logic. As the great American philosopher A. B. Kuhn wrote back in the 1940's in his book "Shadows of the third century". “Christianity only gained the favor and held the allegiance of the masses of the populations of the West for centuries because it succeeded in accommodating its message to the prevalent levels of general unintelligence. In doing so it inevitably distorted its truths into ludicrous caricature and baneful forms of error and falsehood."

    Following Christianity means that otherwise intelligent people have to debase their mental abilities to a state which accommodates the simpleton’s views of life.

    This is destructive to humanity and curtailing it is the most urgent situation on earth today!

    I'm not looking for anyone to follow the way I think, I'm only looking for people to open their eyes and see what is going on.


    Best Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,736

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    lexx; religions are the seats of ignorance and the cause of "man's" low self esteem.
    I don't think it's the cause of man's low self-esteem at all.
    There are many religious people who have high self-esteem, and many atheists who have low self-esteem. In fact I think religious people are probably more likely to have high self-esteem because ignorence is bliss. Mind you atheists are known to be self-righteous, at least vocal atheists. Hmm. Ignorance vs. arrogance, it's a tough one.
    Anyway, I don't see how religion can be called the source of low self-esteem. Explain.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    SubJunk; Christians think of themselves as sinners, as sinners they are self righteous because they have this weird notion they are the only one's who are saved.

    While they walk around in that self righteous aura they lack the self respect which comes to the individual who knows that he is honest, ethical and moral.

    Being subjugated to the whims of the deity portrayed in the OT hoping the mediator in the NT can atone for them will not make the Christians walk with dignity, dignified sinners do not harmonize.


    Best Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,736

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    SubJunk; Christians think of themselves as sinners, as sinners they are self righteous because they have this weird notion they are the only one's who are saved.

    While they walk around in that self righteous aura they lack the self respect which comes to the individual who knows that he is honest, ethical and moral.

    Being subjugated to the whims of the deity portrayed in the OT hoping the mediator in the NT can atone for them will not make the Christians walk with dignity, dignified sinners do not harmonize.


    Best Rasmus
    I think you may be applying the attitudes of a few and applying them to the many. There certainly are the "self-righteous Christians" and there are a lot of them, but there are also good Christians who don't get snobby about it. I've met both kinds of Christians and in my experience the latter is more prevalent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    But SubJunk, the point is that they consider themselves sinners and all the rest of humanity as sinners, sure there are "good", Christians and the rest of humanity is all basically good. Christians are all too often self-righteous because they are the only sinners who have been saved, yet as I illustrated in my first post on this thread there is absolutely no reason to believe any of their Bible is correct.

    How could anyone believe that the illogical things in the Bible about a heaven and a hell could be correct when all the logical things in the Bible are shown to be false?

    All things which can be tested regarding the Bible and its claims are easily shown to be false!


    Best Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,736

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    But SubJunk, the point is that they consider themselves sinners and all the rest of humanity as sinners, sure there are "good", Christians and the rest of humanity is all basically good. Christians are all too often self-righteous because they are the only sinners who have been saved, yet as I illustrated in my first post on this thread there is absolutely no reason to believe any of their Bible is correct.

    How could anyone believe that the illogical things in the Bible about a heaven and a hell could be correct when all the logical things in the Bible are shown to be false?

    All things which can be tested regarding the Bible and its claims are easily shown to be false!


    Best Rasmus
    Well I agree with you that the Christians who believe the literal truth of the Bible are perhaps illogical, but the thing is a lot of them also don't care if it's true or not.
    A lot of people don't give any thought to whether or not the Bible is true, their interest in Christianity is that they feel a connection to a higher being so Christianity allows them to feel closer to it.
    I personally am not the kind of person to affiliate myself with something unless it adds up logically, but not everyone is like us.
    If they were using it to to bad things I would think it was wrong, but if they're using it to fill a void in their life or pursue a connection (imagined or not) with a higher being, then I think it's good for them and if they don't want to know about how false the Bible is there isn't really any problem with that either.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Maybe you are right SubJunk; after all, those millions of Christians who impede the development of their Children by giving them false information are just what one should expect.

    The fact that Christians impede scientific research by their doctrines has never had any effect on society.

    The fact that Christians have murdered more people than any other group of people in the name of their God makes no difference; we know they will never do that again.

    The fact unethical people in power have employed the weaker people who need something to lean on by scaring them up so they can use them to gain power and/or wealth doesn't make any difference. We know that will never happen again.

    No, these things doesn't matter at all, the fact these people employ their faith to stifle research into spiritual matters which would be against the church doesn't matter either, after all, we know there couldn't be anything else since Christianity is a farce.

    The one thing however which I can't stand for is that the Church paint humanity as sinners. This makes it impossible to implement a civilized form of philosophy; people employ this as their excuse for crime and corruption so that is what I won't stand for!

    Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,736

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    Maybe you are right SubJunk; after all, those millions of Christians who impede the development of their Children by giving them false information are just what one should expect.
    Exactly how does it impede the development of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    The fact that Christians impede scientific research by their doctrines has never had any effect on society.
    Christian beliefs don't impede scientific research; many great scientists have been Christian, and to this day roughly 40% of scientists in the U.S. are religious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    The fact that Christians have murdered more people than any other group of people in the name of their God makes no difference; we know they will never do that again.
    People kill people. They can use religion to justify it if they're looking for justification.
    Do you hold all Germans accountable for World War I?
    Do you hold all white people accountable for the prosecution of the blacks in America?
    I suspect the answer to those questions is "no", so why would you hold the actions of Christians who are now all dead against Christians who are alive now and have nothing to do with those people who commited the numerous acts of war in the name of Christianity?
    Christianity has nothing to do with war, the only way it is related to it is when it's misused for justification purposes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    No, these things doesn't matter at all, the fact these people employ their faith to stifle research into spiritual matters which would be against the church doesn't matter either, after all, we know there couldn't be anything else since Christianity is a farce.
    Certain Christians do this, not the majority.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    The one thing however which I can't stand for is that the Church paint humanity as sinners. This makes it impossible to implement a civilized form of philosophy; people employ this as their excuse for crime and corruption so that is what I won't stand for!
    As Christianity defines sin we are sinners.

    A lot of what you've mentioned can be and is applied to most other religions as well, are you against all religions?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    97

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    this thing called sin/sinning is just a word the christians somewhere in the middle east living in the desert thousands of years ago decided was not good for you, like.. it wasn't good enough to be a normal human, you had to be closer to a godlike figure, so they fasted and prayed and abstained from sex and certain foods etc, etc,.. so all these rituals and rites were made up and all the other folly that comes with it...i like to nail it down to one word 'BELONGING' how many of us feel the need to belong to something and how empty we feel when we don't belong to anything, take away your friends,family beliefs, sport,religion politics etc etc,...pretty lonely isn't it !
    this is why i think people join religions, groups etc and then fight and argue over who belongs to what more than the others..'LOVE' theirs another word than causes alot of pain and destruction, love of sport, love of country, love of religion,love of politics etc etc..
    this word the christians call sin is just our 'HUMANITY' its all the things we don't like about ourselves and try to deny..christians seem embarassed and ashamed about their humanity and think they need to be more 'GODLIKE' or like god (whatever that,it,he or she is) try bieng perfect for a day an see how far you get...
    i decided to walk out of church at the age of thirteen and never go back, it was so boring full of old people all sitting up the back singing worn out old hymns, performing worn out old traditions,(from thousands of years ago) trying to feel special, holy, devout etc, but it doesn't last long a couple of days later and their back to bieng ordinary humans with weeknesses for alcohole,ciggarettes,gossiping about the neighbours and all the other stuff that comes with bieng a human etc...
    the main problem free thinkers have with the bible is the... sin and you will go to hell, be perfect and you will go to heaven bit, so hell is hot and fiery and heaven is cool and perfect is it ? hmmm, i thought love was a warm and sometimes fiery feeling, where'as hate and fear left you feeling very cold and alone, seems alot of things are back the front ? !!!

    we all belong to this beautifull place called earth with all its creation and destruction, we all belong to a massive family called humanity, all alone on a tiny planet that seems to be all by itself in an infinite universe, no wonder we are sending up ships to look for other life out there, just not happy bieng here are we, just not happy bieng ourselves, its never enough..our ego's run us around doing this owning that achieving stuff, creating and destroying...

    what religion, (apart from all the high morals you have to somehow live up to) teaches you all about yourself and how you work and fit in this world, all the aspects of your personality and where it comes from...? none of them ! do they sit you down and talk to you personaly do they help you find yourself, do they teach you what love is and what it really means to love, why you can't have that relationship you want why you can't get that perfect job you so desire why your life seems so ****y sometimes, why you have no money, why you can't pay the rent, why some people put you down, shut you down, let you down and all the other stuff that comes with daily life...huh! no religion does, no religion nails it and shows you who you really are and teaches you to be yourself and to accept and honour the aspects of your personality,the parts you like and dislike, instead its blame blame blame deny deny deny...who you have become all stems from the impression you had as a child of your parents anyway, and all the highs and lows you went thru as that child, most people can't even re-member bieng one, hmm.. what do you think happened to that little person anyway (its still their, you just grew up around it and forgot about it) try asking a priest about that one ! he'll pat you on the head and say 'ah my child god loves ya' then ask you to confess your sins or the things that make you human....then he'll go of and deny his sexuality so much that he becomes attracted to innocense (but his powerfull holy club will cover it up for him and send him to another parish and it'll happen again and again untill the denial stops.)

    i went of and discovered this my-self without the aid of religion,there are other humans walking around who can do this who help people help themselves, who don't preach a re-ligion that causes wars and power struggles, if re-ligion means 'to bind together' or whatever the real meaning of the word is..?then its been taken the wrong way,somehow saying jesus or god loves ya' just doesn't cut it, or go off and read your bible(go ask someone off the street what the gospel of thomas is all about and ask them to decipher the hidden meanings) somehow saying that a word called 'god 'sent his only son to save us from our sins seems to me to be so rediculose and primitive and makes me laugh and shake my head at he folly of it all...
    having said that i do believe there was an ordinary man/human called jesus/jeshua who had some good philosophy to impart on the world spirituality that is eternal and deepset in all humanity and will allways be there, he was just one of the many hero figures(that is an archtype of the rising and setting sun) that we think is gonna come back and save us from ourselves...(or in the book 'jusus the man' was the one who would return the david king line back to its original power, because king herod and the romans were occupying the royal toilet, but somehow went from that to saving the world from its sins ????)

    iv'e got an idea ! how about we save ourselves from forgettfullness amnesia and ignorence, how about we work on ourselves do some re-search on history read some books, work on ourselves stop blame and denial and break the cycle, maybe start a new religion called humanity where you get to be yourself and choose your own path and what you want to be what you came to this earth plane for,

    hmmm.. maybe a big flag with a picture of the earth on it...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,736

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Quote Originally Posted by j*man
    this thing called sin/sinning is just a word the christians somewhere in the middle east living in the desert thousands of years ago decided was not good for you
    Yes, that's why I said "as Christianity defines [it]".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    SubJunk wrote:

    Exactly how does it impede the development of children?

    By giving Children false ideas of who and what they are along with a false impression about life and the most important aspects of life which is the mind free to find its own answers.

    SubJunk wrote:


    Christian beliefs don't impede scientific research; many great scientists have been Christian, and to this day roughly 40% of scientists in the U.S. are religious.

    How about stem cell research as one example of current impediments to science?
    How about "Intelligent design" as another? There are a lot of examples and to say Christianity does not impede science when Christianity states it is a sin to question the word of their imaginary God is absurd.

    SubJunk wrote:
    Christianity has nothing to do with war, the only way it is related to it is when it's misused for justification purposes.

    Excuses for the Christians actions show that you are an inherently good person. Had Christianity been an enlightening religion instead of a repressive one you would not need to create excuses for their past misdeed or how people can employ it to their own corrupt ends.

    SubJunk wrote:
    As Christianity defines sin we are sinners.

    A lot of what you've mentioned can be and is applied to most other religions as well, are you against all religions?


    Christianity defines sex as a sin, sex is no sin it’s as natural as eating and drinking.
    They define not following their make believe deity as sin. Not believing in a lie is no sin.
    Christianity define lusting after a member of the opposite sex as a sin unless you are married, this and countless other things are sins.

    I do not condemn all religions; only repressive one's which do not encourage science and spiritual advancement. (Don't say Christianity is a spiritual religion, its material, the difference between material religions is that the one seek material resurrection while the other seeks spiritual enlightenment).


    Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66

    Re: Watch the theologians run!

    Good post j*man; you raised some of the real questions every religious person should ask him/herself.

    That we should all take stock of what it is we have and enjoy this beautiful planet is wonderful, that we should follow some cult of any kind which pretends to have all the answers when all they give us are false promises and unsubstantiated threats is absurd.

    We are here; let us work harder at making this a wonderful place for each and every human being rather than to please some god who does not exist.


    Best Rasmus
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

    Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

Similar Threads

  1. If only we could get everyone to watch this
    By Worried_in_the_USA in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 01:14 PM
  2. watch-au is a scam like many other replica watch
    By Bruno2507 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 05:11 PM
  3. The next one to watch out for
    By JonnyRage in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 05:14 AM
  4. Watch out for this one
    By planeperson in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 01:16 AM
  5. everyone NEEDS to watch this
    By stefandozier in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
???, actions, acts, adam, affiliate, age, agree, aid, ain, alive, ame, america, american, another, anti, apart, approval, ashamed, asy, attention, aware, bad, based, basically, be aware, ben, bet, better, bible, biblical, bit, blame, body, books, break, bur, called, calls, care, cares, case, cell, cer, chris, christian, church, claim, claims, close, club, comments, complete, con, condi, connection, correct, corruption, couldn, country, cover, credibility, cult, cycle, daniel, date, david, day, days, dead, decided, defines, dei, denial, desert, deserve, deserving, destroyed, destroying, destruction, development, differences, difficult, dig, doesn, don, dont, dow, due, ear, earlier, early, embarassed, eme, ends, entire, error, ethical, eva, evening, examples, experience, express, eyes, face, factual, false, fathers, feel, feeling, felt, figures, fla, flag, flat, followers, forget, forgot, front, gave, general, give, god, gonna, good, group, groups, guarantee, hard, harder, head, heaven, held, hell, hero, hey, hidden, high, higher, holidays, holy, honest, hot, huma, human, humans, husband, ian, ica, ignorance, ignore, iii, ill, illus, image, ime, important, individuals, information, institution, insult, intelligence, interest, ion, isn, jerusalem, joy, junk, justify, killed, kind, kuh, last, laugh, lean, les, lexx, life, line, lining, lived, living, lol, long, lot, loves, loving, lying, making, mark, mass, massive, matter, mea, media, meet, mental, method, millions, mind, moon, moral, more, multi, nail, named, nature, nice, open, opposite, ora, order, original, part, pas, people, perfect, person, personality, personally, picked, picture, plane, point, pos, post, posted, posts, power, pray, problem, prove, proven, public, punishment, question, questions, quick, quote, quotes, race, rated, read, real, reality, reason, reasonable, reasons, related, religion, religious, removed, rent, rescue, research, respect, rest, rising, royal, run, scholars, scientists, search, seats, sense, sex, show, showed, shows, shut, simple, singing, small, son, sorry, source, special, speed, spend, spiritual, stage, star, start, state, stated, states, stock, stories, street, submit, subs, succeeded, suitable, sul, sun, system, table, taken, talk, talking, teach, ted, temple, the truth about, thought, thread, threats, tie, today, tough, trac, truth, une, universe, urgent, user, view, walk, war, wars, watch, weaker, week, weird, west, won, wonderful, world, wrong, years

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •