+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Are you Athiest or religious ???

I am very much interested in religious matters. Whether god is there are not no one knows. But all religions says be good do good. That is very nice concept to keep the society so healthy. If you believe in god you follow that be good do good policy. Other wise you never be good.

What about your opinion?

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: Are you ethiest or religious ???

Quote Originally Posted by jenny4u View Post
    I am very much interested in religious matters. Whether god is there are not no one knows. But all religions says be good do good. That is very nice concept to keep the society so healthy. If you believe in god you follow that be good do good policy. Other wise you never be good.

What about your opinion?
    so, only godbots can be good? Logical fail.

Are you an adult?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

jenny4u said:I am very much interested in religious matters. Whether god is there are not no one knows. But all religions says be good do good. That is very nice concept to keep the society so healthy. If you believe in god you follow that be good do good policy. Other wise you never be good.

What about your opinion?
    This sums it up for me and many people I know:

"With or without religion you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Kenneth Humphreys
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

I used to be an "ethiest" ... but last night I was reborn! (hallelujah!) God - the true one - spoke to me last night ... not quite sure when exactly ... happened sometime after I'd finished that crate of Stella.

He said I was special, so it must be true. He said I had to go and kill all the first-borns in my town, cos they are wicked. Not sure how, or why, but God told me (hallelujah!) so it must be true.

So I'm off to find some first-borns to smite for the Lord. I may be some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny4u
    If you believe in god you follow that be good do good policy. Other wise you never be good.

What about your opinion?
    I'm assuming you wholeheartedly agree with my first-born-slaying actions, cos God told me to do it, so it must be "good"! Wish me luck!

(for the benefit of the slow, this post was intended to be satirical, while still being insulting)

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I used to be an "ethiest" ... but last night I was reborn! (hallelujah!) God - the true one - spoke to me last night ... not quite sure when exactly ... happened sometime after I'd finished that crate of Stella.

He said I was special, so it must be true. He said I had to go and kill all the first-borns in my town, cos they are wicked. Not sure how, or why, but God told me (hallelujah!) so it must be true.

I'm assuming you wholeheartedly agree with my first-born-slaying actions, cos God told me to do it, so it must be "good"! Wish me luck!

(for the benefit of the slow, this post was intended to be satirical, while still being insulting)
    "Have fun storming the castle!"
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I love when religious people say that if you don't believe in God then you must worship the devil.....ummmm...nope, I don't believe in him either.

And to answer your question, I am an Atheist and I do "good" ** having morals. I'm not a child and I don't have to believe in Santa Claus to be good.

I don't want to hurt anyone just the same as I wouldn't want anyone to hurt me.

edit: Why the heck can't you say **? It's "b y". What's wrong with that?

How about Her**?

How embarrasing.

The Stella Artois has worn off, and I find I only managed to smite a paltry two first-borns. Now the voices wont talk to me any more. My God has forsaken me!

Thankfully, he's figment of my imagination. There ends the lesson.

To the off-licence!! Then prison.

9. 07-14-2011, 06:04 PM

Reason
    cleaning up his advertising again... soft delete in case post is needed to preserve the threads integrity

RACollins said:Those who desire God desire to do good ** God ** believing God rewards doing good; they, do good, believing that if all did, evil could be done away with and the world a better place for all.
    let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be... speaking words of wisdom let it be...

Imagine there is no evil, I wonder if you can...
    Imagine all the people... living life in peace...
    You may say I'm a dreamer.... but I'm not the only one... I hope some day you'll join us and the world could live as one.
    Being obedient to get a "reward" is only self-serving and the attitude that a child would carry. I can think of a multitude of higher reasons to let the "good side" out to play... IMHO, I feel that there will always be evil on the planet just as long as there are emotionally-led follower-types who refuse to, or are unable to think for themselves and when they do its mostly about themselves, on everything they experience.

Here are a few opinions about evil and religion from some prominent folks:

The Christian resolve to find the world evil and ugly, has made the world evil and ugly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"The gods can either take away evil from the world and will not, or, being willing to do so, cannot; or they neither can nor will, or lastly, they are both able and willing. If they have the will to remove evil and cannot, then they are not omnipotent. If they can, but will not, than they are not benevolent. If they are neither able nor willing, then they are neither omnipotent nor benevolent. Lastly, if they are both able and willing to annihilate evil, how does it exist?"
    Epicurus

There is nothing good or evil save in the will.
    EPICTETUS
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    Those who desire God desire to do good ** God ** believing God rewards doing good; they, do good, believing that if all did, evil could be done away with and the world a better place for all.
    let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be... speaking words of wisdom let it be...

Imagine there is no evil, I wonder if you can...
    Imagine all the people... living life in peace...
    You may say I'm a dreamer.... but I'm not the only one... I hope some day you'll join us and the world could live as one.
    Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace
    ...and there are plenty of agnostics and atheists living "good" lives, moral lives...fullfilling lives without the need for a mythical sky fairy.

I believe in Religion.

I am Kshatriya (Warriors)

etwhore: Real Warriors

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    ...and there are plenty of agnostics and atheists living "good" lives, moral lives...fullfilling lives without the need for a mythical sky fairy.
    Is it really God watching that keeps the religious from killing everyone? How nasty their thoughts must be.

I don't kill people because I know it's wrong - Not because I think someone is watching me.

What a murderous place it would be if religious people found out there's isn't a God watching them.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

to jenny4u
    jenny woow i prefer to look at you until your cheek turn to blush. mm you,re pretty and also sexy jenny. your boobs.. mm that so big. and sexy. feel like i am watching indian movie now.. sexy like Aishwarya Rai, and Kareena Kapoor! wooow mmm sexy and she has a big boobs too.. so cute.. like papaya. mmmm delicous. Woow सेक्सी. मैं तुम्हें पसंद .

Quote Originally Posted by alisdi5 View Post
    to jenny4u
    jenny woow i prefer to look at you until your cheek turn to blush. mm you,re pretty and also sexy jenny. your boobs.. mm that so big. and sexy. feel like i am watching indian movie now.. sexy like Aishwarya Rai, and Kareena Kapoor! wooow mmm sexy and she has a big boobs too.. so cute.. like papaya. mmmm delicous. Woow सेक्सी. मैं तुम्हें पसंद .
    Yeah. Thats not remotely creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by alisdi5 View Post
    to jenny4u
    Odd, in a number of other posts 'alisdi5' has been hinting at being a Muslim. Yet, "सेक्सी. मैं तुम्हें पसंद" is not Arabic, but Hindu.

It translates as, "Sexy. I love you".
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Hardly surprising. The Muslim population in Northern India, Kashmir, and Pakistan would most likely be quite fluent in Hindi as well as in Arabic.

The choice of words, however... come as a bit surprising from an Islamic man.