+ Reply to Thread

Stuck on 'Stupid Fucking Liberal' Mode

Their sole function is to reduce the quality of our lives.

Stuck On "Stupid Liberal" Mode
    Mark Baisley | Columnist's Archive

BLACK MARKET TOILETS
    My dad builds custom homes in California and the regulators at all levels routinely give him new, maddening impediments to practicality. The example that I remember most had to do with toilets.

In response to the apparent public outcry about excessive tank capacity, sales of toilets that exceed 1.6 gallons per flush have been banned throughout America. United States Senator Rand Paul recently told a senior bureaucrat at a Senate hearing, “Frankly, my toilets don’t work in my house, and I blame you.”

If you are like Senator Rand and don’t think that it makes sense to have to flush twice to make up for a deliberately insufficient vortex, you can buy a Canadian-made 3.5 gallon toilet on the black market. Can you imagine having that crime on your rap sheet?

POISONOUS LIGHTBULBS
    The government’s Office of ****** Efficiency and Renewable ****** (EERE) at the ****** Department also thought it would be really swell if Americans would use less electricity to match their new toilets. So, they made some suggestions, through nationwide mandates, that we replace our bright, warm, inexpensive light bulbs with compact fluorescent lighting (CFL).

CFLs don’t lend as much ambience, they are vastly more expensive, and they take a while to warm up before they can perform their singular purpose in our lives. But, they do provide an element of mercury for you to deal with when they burn out or break.

The Environmental Protection Agency recommends that, if your CFL light bulb breaks, first get all people and pets out of the room, shut down your air conditioner for several hours (another excellent suggestion for saving ******), and thoroughly collect every bit of glass and powder into a sealed container.

The government’s ****** Star program argues that this mandate actually reduces mercury emissions in American households because CFLs demand less electricity from mercury-generating coal plants that poison the fish we eat.

FUNNY THING ABOUT PHOSPHATES
    About a year ago, I called the manufacturer of our dishwasher with a performance complaint. The 10-month-old appliance was simply no longer getting the dishes clean. The repair guy approached the situation like the main character on the TV show House.

His assessment was that all three name-brand detergents we had on hand were too low on phosphates to get the job done. It turns out that ours is one of millions of households victimized by the latest regulation - low detergent phosphates. We now dump in twice the normal amount of detergent and set the cycle to “stupid liberal mode” which runs the dishwasher for nearly three hours, using 50% more water and electricity.

BOGUS BUREAUCRATS
    It is hard to believe that these busybody bureaucrats are simply trying to improve the environment. Evidence to the contrary includes the results of an investigation by the Government Accountability Office. They received an ****** Star label for their application of a gas-powered clock radio (really).

With a full staff of uniformed gropers at every airport, Obamacare and government controlled thermostats on the horizon -- I mean, if one were to undertake the goal of listing the most personally intrusive acts that a government could commit against its people, I think this list would just about be it.

With their hands in my pants, my physical health, my home, and even my toilet, I have never felt so uncomfortably close to my government.

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Re: Stuck on 'Stupid Fucking Liberal' Mode

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    Surely the filth are working as we speak to outlaw any loopholes you might discover.

What else would they be doing? Making the world better? LOL

Facts just aren't your strong suit.

Dim Bulb
    AmeriPAC, a conservative Republican political action committee, sent out a fundraising letter recently that accused Democrats of banning incandescent light bulbs:

The Democrats have already voted to BAN our conventional lights bulbs (that you and I use even today!) in favor of DANGEROUS fluorescent light bulbs. … Help put an end to governmental interference in our lives! Help put an end to Mr. Obama interfering with free enterprise!

PolitiFact reviewed this claim and rated it a “Pants on Fire” lie. In the first place, Republicans voted for this bill too. In fact, it was signed into law by George W. Bush.

Secondly, the bill does not ban incandescent light bulbs at all. It only requires that light bulbs be 25% more efficient, while producing equivalent amounts of light. This is a good thing, since it will save consumers money on their ****** bills, reduce ****** consumption by $18 billion a year, and reduce global warming.

But here’s the good part. PolitiFact questioned them about their claim that the bill bans incandescent light bulbs and they replied that it was a de facto ban because it is not possible to make incandescent bulbs that meet the new efficiency requirements:

We believe ‘ban’ is an accurate term because there is no such thing as what they require. If it’s available, where can I buy it? Why doesn’t Home Depot carry them?

Well, the truth is that Home Depot already does carry them. The Philips EcoVantage bulb is an incandescent (halogen) bulb that is for sale in Home Depot and meets the proposed efficiency requirements. Osram Sylvania and GE also make incandescent bulbs that meet the new ****** requirements, but they are sold at Lowe’s.

And finally, even if the bill did ban incandescent bulbs, you still wouldn’t be forced to buy florescent bulbs, since manufacturers are now making LED bulbs that meet the new ****** requirements. As as for claims that florescent bulbs are dangerous because they contain small amounts of mercury? PolitiFact found those claims to be wildly exaggerated. In fact, the use of florescent bulbs actually reduces the amount of mercury that is released.

I’ve been trying to figure out how we can deal with outright intentional lying without infringing on free speech. We already have laws against libel and slander, but they don’t work during political campaigns since by the time you could win a lawsuit against someone who lies about you, the damage would be done (in many cases, the election itself would be long over).

Maybe we need something like a political lie court, where a panel of judges (picked to be non-partisan or at least balanced) rules on political lies in a timely manner. If a politician is found guilty of a blatant lie, they should be required to correct the lie in public and apologize.

For example, AmeriPAC would be required to send out a letter correcting their false claim. Or anyone who claimed that the new health care law creates “death panels” (PolitiFact’s lie of the year) would be required to apologize on TV.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Facts just aren't your strong suit.
    Maybe we need something like an instruction manual for liberals on how to post your drivel.

A link would be nice...especially when trying to blame Bush for the lightbulb debacle.

Moron.

/
    --Thomas Jefferson

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    Maybe we need something like an instruction manual for liberals on how to post your drivel.

A link would be nice...especially when trying to blame Bush for the lightbulb debacle.

Moron.

/
    Interesting. You post is proved to be bullshit...and you cannot defend it so you deflect.

No wonder everyone here considers you an asshat.
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Interesting. You post is proved to be bullshit...and you cannot defend it so you deflect.

Filthy little bastard--the point is that you can't prove shit with a blind unlinked statement--much less that Bush is responsible for this signature piece of liberal legislation

It is no deflection--simply how things are done in the internet forum age. You can't hang and are too stupid to learn, that's all.

Still no link...what does this tell us? LOL

The collection of simpering little lying liberal pukes here is just disturbing--

Last edited by pwrone; 07-12-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    --Thomas Jefferson

PolitiFact, you lazy sheep-wad. Do you own ing research. I know you won't because you're not interested in learning the truth because it would mean having your ignorance validated.

Best wishes, Cumstain.

PolitiFact, you lazy sheep-wad. Do you own ing research. I know you won't because you're not interested in learning the truth because it would mean having your ignorance validated.

Best wishes, Cumstain.
    I prefer the term "cum-guzzling ass goblin."

He is consistent though, gotta give him that.

Besides, all us "conservatives" know global warming is bullshit.

2011 already costliest year for natural disasters

Expert: 'We are rewriting the financial and economic history of disasters on a global scale'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43727793