+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: How Liberals Injure Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by bushmanbigtime
    There can be no respect from such a word. I take it that some of your "best friends" are black. Take that exactly as it sounds my dear (:

simon
    Some of my friends are black and of the "gangsta" persuasion. Some of my friends are black with college educations and middle class incomes and up and some of my friends are white from various income brackets and some of my friends are colors in between. I enjoy the company of all of them for their own unique and individual qualities.

I don't choose my friends by the color of their skin nor the size of their bank accounts.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Then my friends would call you a "nigga" but not with any respect.
    From Wikipedia

A more offensive term with the same meaning is house nigger (as contrasted with field workers from the days of slavery).

Sometimes, women who tom are called Aunt Jemima after the popular pancake mix that long depicted a kerchief-headed family cook of that name.

A roughly equivalent term (for African Americans) is Oreo, from the chocolate sandwich cookie with white filling (implying that one is black on the outside but white on the inside). Bounty, from the coconut-filled chocolate bar, is a similarly used term in France. Coconut has the same meaning for Latinos (and Black British), and Twinkie or banana for Asians. American Indians sometimes will use the ter*ms "Uncle Tomahawk," and "Apple". These ter*ms are considered by some to be racist and offensive in contemporary society.

Oreo. Uncle Tom. Boot-licking Uncle Tom. Straight-up Uncle Tom. Judas. Boy. Bug-eyed. Foot-shuffling. Sugarcane Negro. Handkerchief head. Trojan Horse. Anti-black. Pro-white. Remus. Sambo. Sambo-Tom. The Anti-Christ. Clarence Thomas supporter. Sniveling weasel. Evil. A-s-kisser. Coconut. Wannabe white. Nickering nabob of negativity. This catalog of names I've been called comes from my new book, The Ten Things You Can't Say in America. - Larry Elder

LS
    Ainka-dasa'yegwide mukua-i

bushmanbigtime Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar
    From Wikipedia

A more offensive term with the same meaning is house nigger (as contrasted with field workers from the days of slavery).

Sometimes, women who tom are called Aunt Jemima after the popular pancake mix that long depicted a kerchief-headed family cook of that name.

A roughly equivalent term (for African Americans) is Oreo, from the chocolate sandwich cookie with white filling (implying that one is black on the outside but white on the inside). Bounty, from the coconut-filled chocolate bar, is a similarly used term in France. Coconut has the same meaning for Latinos (and Black British), and Twinkie or banana for Asians. American Indians sometimes will use the ter*ms "Uncle Tomahawk," and "Apple". These ter*ms are considered by some to be racist and offensive in contemporary society.

Oreo. Uncle Tom. Boot-licking Uncle Tom. Straight-up Uncle Tom. Judas. Boy. Bug-eyed. Foot-shuffling. Sugarcane Negro. Handkerchief head. Trojan Horse. Anti-black. Pro-white. Remus. Sambo. Sambo-Tom. The Anti-Christ. Clarence Thomas supporter. Sniveling weasel. Evil. A-s-kisser. Coconut. Wannabe white. Nickering nabob of negativity. This catalog of names I've been called comes from my new book, The Ten Things You Can't Say in America. - Larry Elder

LS
    Ainka-dasa'yegwide mukua-i
    All of which tend to lend credence to the post that started this thread, that any time you disagree with a minority you are "naturally" a racest. Thank you all for proving Grim17's point.

"simple" simon

bushmanbigtime Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Some of my friends are black and of the "gangsta" persuasion. Some of my friends are black with college educations and middle class incomes and up and some of my friends are white from various income brackets and some of my friends are colors in between. I enjoy the company of all of them for their own unique and individual qualities.

I don't choose my friends by the color of their skin nor the size of their bank accounts.

Lady Mod
    Yep, I should have known - went right over your head!

simple simon

All of which tend to lend credence to the post that started this thread, that any time you disagree with a minority you are "naturally" a racest. Thank you all for proving Grim17's point.

"simple" simon
    Bushman, I hate to say it but you're right. Of course not everbody that dissagrees with a minority get's bagged a racist, but a lot of times we do. It depends on who you're disagreeing with. Call it a stereotype if you will and sometimes we even get bagged by the nonminorities as a racist.

I know this from personal experence (high school, college, work) and from what I see on the television. I usually choose to avoid it because I don't like to incur wrath that I have to defend, especially when I'm not racists.

Yep, I should have known - went right over your head!

simple simon

Oh, were you trying to make a point simpleton? Do enlighten us won't you? You seem to know so much about the topic.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    Bushman, I hate to say it but you're right. Of course not everbody that dissagrees with a minority get's bagged a racist, but a lot of times we do. It depends on who you're disagreeing with. Call it a stereotype if you will and sometimes we even get bagged by the nonminorities as a racist.

I know this from personal experence (high school, college, work) and from what I see on the television. I usually choose to avoid it because I don't like to incur wrath that I have to defend, especially when I'm not racists.
    I am who I am, if I disagree with someone I say so, as diplomatically as I can. You can disagree without confronting or insulting someone. Since we all come from different backgrounds, different upbringings and different life experiences it stands to reason that because of our differences we will disagree occassionally.

Lady Mod