+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Don't buy a used car here

Hello,

This is my first post and I joined your forum in the hopes of helping others as well as to seek help avoiding internet scams.

I am interested in buying autos and houses at the prices mentioned but I know the score and they are 'too good to be true'. I hope someone here can enlighten me as to the veracity of this info site.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark

Re: Anyone have info on www.stateauctions.org?

Yea , I have gandered at the site & as usual ya need a credit card to get any further to buy 9 story homes for $20.00. These sites are a dime a dosen.Get a dealers license or look into your state laws on buying auctioned cars,( standard wise). However it is possible to buy a vehicle dirt cheap, with low miles, reason being its the depreciation that plays a factor as well as year, & possible damage. I bought my76 Pacer for $20.00,A few years back it has only 35,000 on the odometer , with no rust or damage. The real suprise of the vehicle was it has a 304 (V8) . Don't by anything you can't kick first.
    HEATHER FOREVER!!!!!Heather O'Rourke,I Love you!!:D 1975 -1988

Vehicle Escrow - Fraud cavetcom.com

http://www.cavetcom.com/
    so who is this stealing from us ?
    whois -h whois.opensrs.net cavetcom.com ...
    Registrant:
    Lunarpages Web Hosting
    100 East La Habra Blvd.
    La Habra, CA 90631
    US

i have been emailing them for a month. they will not take it down till somebody proves to them it already has victims. anybody that registers at
    http://www.cavetcom.com/register.php will already be identity theft victim when they press submit button.

Don't buy a used car here

BUYER BEWARE

Pre-Checked Autos in NY are not legit.

It is run by a scam artist.

I was scammed.

Pre-Checked Autos
    Pre checked autos
    PreChecked Autos
    Pre-Checked Autos
    Pre checked autos
    PreChecked Autos
    Pre-Checked Autos
    Pre checked autos
    PreChecked Autos

Specialtyusedcars.com

They claim if you advertise your vehicles on their site, and after 90 days, if they don't sell then you will recieve your money back. This is simply a lie!!!Please be aware of this scam!

Pre-Checked Autos, LTD.

I am sorry to have to confirm this. I was also scammed here. The # they used was 888-881-0300. Hit by Paypal.

BUYER BEWARE

Pre-Checked Autos in NY are not legit.

It is run by a scam artist.

I was scammed.

Pre-Checked Autos
    Pre checked autos
    PreChecked Autos
    Pre-Checked Autos
    Pre checked autos
    PreChecked Autos
    Pre-Checked Autos
    Pre checked autos
    PreChecked Autos

Cole Hernest Auto Scam

Cole Hernest strikes again:
    My nanny fell for this one. 2004 Acura for 3,900.00 She was contacted by email that she was the winner of the auction. His emails and websites are very convincing. Lots of detail re: security deposits thru safetrade etc. links to said site, ebay motors logos and the like.
    She wanted to pay thru paypal, but of course he wanted a western union wire transfer as soon as the car had left his lot to be delivered. He gave a confirmation # in an email that linked her to a bogus site that says the car had been shipped. Thats when she sent the wire transfer.

Lesson learned . . . never wire money to anyone but your college student who needs to buy books.

Buyer beware. :mad:

After some more research, this scam originates in Nigeria, Secret Service, FBI, local and state agencies can do nothing but document the fraud because the Nigerian Govt refuses to help.

Big SCAM in Belgium Auto Van Dessel

I bought a car from belgium and they did not refund the money I shouldn't left as warranty but I was tricked by them to give. Now they don't admit that I payed for the plate numbers and export documents even though I have the facturen(receipt) they didn't complete the papers for export and I had to pay extra money again for the EUR1 document of the car. Also they asked for a warranty untill I gave them back the export document that they needed but they couldn't even do their work with the papers. This is outrageous and I will never buy car from Belgium EVER !!! so keep i mind this name and be aware !!!!!

http://www.vandessel.com

Fortis Escrow

Fortis Escrow is a reputable company, but watch out for scams that use their good name then end up communicating from fortis-escrovv.com! The two "V"s together look like a W. We saw a car on craigslist that seemed too good to be true. The Vin# matched that car (where ever it may really be), the owner had plenty of pictures, etc.

We thought the car was local, but it turns out that the owner was in the UK and the car was in a Fortis warehouse in Texas. Hmmmm, curiouser and curiouser. We told him that we would go ahead with the deal for $6800 which of course required a $2800 deposit via Fortis Escrow. Try as I might I could not find anything bad about this company...only thing is that they didn't really seem to handle small personal deals (a yacht or your original Van Gogh, yes). We received 2 very official looking emails from support@fortis-escrovv.com detailing the transaction and how it should be handled.

We were to Western Union money to an agent in the UK (for a netherlands based company in order to get a car that's in Texas. We were to wire money to an agent, Sam Stone, in Glascow and wait 3 days for a tracking #, etc. The usual.... the seller was going through a divorce and needed to sell the car quickly. Just a heads up to everyone just in case. Don't want these *&$!!@#s to get away with this!!

RaceWay Motors New Hampshire

I recently purchased a used car from raceway motors, they told me they would help me out and everything not knowing that they were tricking me into buying this used car, it drove so good for three weeks.. the exhaust fell off and it would start. after the three weeks when I stuck the key in the egnition it just had trouble started... so I fixed most of it up myself spent $54.00 and added labor at $200 an hour.. they never gave me a chance to tell them truth.. for the VIN number came a void twice, and the right tire was grinding something in the front..... and the worse thing is they said i said a pay here, buy here paper which I didn't.. sneaking in some oddly paper work.. I am sick in tired of being scam by people that don't know how to run a bussiness... if you have any comments let me know

myautosold.com DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Last week I was contacted by a guy claiming that he had a buyer for my truck listed in the Auto Trader. He told me that he was working for a company called myautosold.com. He told me a bunch of crap about how this buyer had contacted them because he had bad credit and they were a company that provided loans to people with bad credit. He told me that this guy was already pre-approved for the amount of the Truck and if I paid them a small fee of $322 they would have the transaction completed within the next week. Even though I was hesitant, in all of my stupidity, I fell for it. I have not heard from them, and now they won't answer any of the phone numbers they gave me. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS PUSHY A#$HOLE TELLING YOU WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP A SURE THING!!!! I even told the guy that I am a single mom and couldn't really afford the $322, and he said all the more reason for me to make some money on my truck. I can't believe that people actually can live with themselves by ripping off single moms, and probably old people too!!!! These guys are a total scam and I wish I would have been a little smarter about the whole thing. When googling them, it looks like these guys have been caught before running internet insurance scams, so be careful....
    Pissed off MOM!!!

Re: myautosold.com DON'T DO IT!!!!!. you're right.

i'm sorry about that m'am. it's a shame what scam artists do. they have no regard for others. this autosold sham has hundreds (yes hundreds) of complaints with the BBB. a co-owner of such company is a russian party boy immigrant to Canada who scams people for a living. it wasn't your fault. we have fallen to their schemes as well. don't trust anyone over the phone next time. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lynettem
    Last week I was contacted by a guy claiming that he had a buyer for my truck listed in the Auto Trader. He told me that he was working for a company called myautosold.com. He told me a bunch of crap about how this buyer had contacted them because he had bad credit and they were a company that provided loans to people with bad credit. He told me that this guy was already pre-approved for the amount of the Truck and if I paid them a small fee of $322 they would have the transaction completed within the next week. Even though I was hesitant, in all of my stupidity, I fell for it. I have not heard from them, and now they won't answer any of the phone numbers they gave me. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS PUSHY A#$HOLE TELLING YOU WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP A SURE THING!!!! I even told the guy that I am a single mom and couldn't really afford the $322, and he said all the more reason for me to make some money on my truck. I can't believe that people actually can live with themselves by ripping off single moms, and probably old people too!!!! These guys are a total scam and I wish I would have been a little smarter about the whole thing. When googling them, it looks like these guys have been caught before running internet insurance scams, so be careful....
    Pissed off MOM!!!

Buycarsnow.ca Is A Huge Scam! Aka, Buy Cars Now

1. They will go to all the used car websites to harvest phone numbers.
    2. You get a phone call saying they are finance agents and they have a buyer for your car. BS!!!
    3. They'll say that since they are not a "Dealership" they can't release the buyers name but with a small up front fee they will make sure they connect you to this buyer. COME ON!!!
    4. You tell them to go fly a kite with a steel line on a golf course in a lightning storm.

Oh, hopefully you'll get the "You've never heard of us? Wow, we have been on feature TV shows and in this magazine...blah blah barf!!!!!"

Re: Buycarsnow.ca Is A Huge Scam! Aka, Buy Cars No

YEP big scam ! I just got burned to the tune of $300.00 . They never did have a buyer for my vehicle, and when it came to giving me a refund they suddenly changed addresses . Their refund policy is time sensitive and guess what ! I was over the amount of time ! B.S I jumped through all their hoops and when I was given their "New" address I was to enclose my postmarked returned envelope , which I did, but of course they recieved all the correct paperwork except the returned postmarked envelope. WoW we have a mail fairy who steals vital pieces of mail then sends the rest on. My point here is DO NOT deal with these folks or believe any of their crap !! I wish I lived in Vancouver so I could find this address and start my own investigation !!

FreeAutoKey.com

Hello All,
    I was looking through my local paper and noticed an ad for FreeAutoKey.com. In a nut shell you pay a one time fee of $39.95 and have access to cars that have advertising on them.
    You drive them, and gas, insurance, etc is paid by the company that sponsors the car.
    Has anyone heard of that? Sounds too good to be true.
    What are your thoughts?

Thanks Max yb:

Re: FreeAutoKey.com

There are companies that would let you to use a car for advertising. I have never heard that they would pay for gas or insurance though.

You should read this article before signing up on anything
    http://www.leaseguide.com/Articles/freecar.htm

It lists reputable directory companies at the end.