+ Reply to Thread

net-ARB.com scam

Hi,

Great to see a forum to expose all the internet scams.

We are a US based small business which has just been scammed by net-ARB.com. We outsourced some work through a website called Elance.com and paid over $10,000 in fees. In the end, project was never delivered and we asked Elance's help in recovering our money from an indian company. Elance was quick on telling us that they didn't want to do anything with us and asked us to use a company called net-ARB. Even then they wouldn't guarantee that our money will be returned but if we didn't use net-ARB, they will assume that fraudulent indian company was right and will suspend our account.

Just come to think of it, you have lost more than $10,000, Elance won't come to rescue, make you pay another $199 to some scam business and will also suspend your account.

If you are looking to outsource, NEVER think of ELance. Go to Odesk or Getaprogrammer.com or another outsourcing site. Elance always sides with the provider and NOT with the buyer.

http://www.net-arb.com/ net-ARB URL

Now we are NOT sure if net-ARB is a legitimate company or a ploy by Elance to get themselves out of the whole thing. The other option we have is to contact the credit card company and do a chargeback on Elance for non-delivery.

Initial research on net-ARB is NOT very encouraging.

1) NO address on the website
    2) NO phone number on the website
    3) NO company details
    4) Some really negative reviews all over the internet
    5) From a review on another site, it appears that net-ARB is JUST one person and they always side with provider as that's how they get paid.
    6) Another complaint on Webmaster forum suggests that net-ARB is fake entity and domain is registered NOT under a business but under some person which is odd. The phone number of domain registration is dead as I have tried calling it.

With all the experience on this website in spotting scam, I need advice on this company (if it is a company) and whether to just do a chargeback on Elance.

Also, what legitimacy they have when they don't even list their business name on the website?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris

Re: net-ARB.com scam

Lesson learned. Never outsource work to India.

Go ahead and do a chargeback if you can. Otherwise, you need to contact a lawyer.
    Legal Problems? Find a Lawyer

Found this in Google search and would like to share my recent experience.

If you are being forced to participate in an arbitration ** Elance.com or Escrow.com, Please read this carefully.

DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ARBITRATION!!

If you are a buyer, call your credit card company and a do a reversal for non-delivery of services from Elance. If you paid through Paypal, just raise a dispute as soon as possible.

I repeat, DO NOT USE NET-ARB.COM

Why:

1) Net-Arb.com is just one person and not a company. They always side with Elance as they are being paid ** Elance. They will go to any lengths to decide against you.

2) Once you have participated, you may loose your legal right to sue Elance or the provider. Although Net-Arb.com has NO legal credibility at all - almost zero.

3) Elance will tell you that you have agreed to participate in arbitration when you signed up for your account. They will refer you to their terms & conditions. Remember that Elance's terms & conditions are worth NOTHING in legal terms. They can't supersede your consumer rights.

4) Forced Arbitration is a matter of extreme controversy as companies chose their own arbitrators who get paid ** the same companies. More than 92% of the times, arbitrators will go against you to help the company. Read the facts in below report:

http://www.citizen.org/publications/...ct.cfm?ID=7705

5) Net-Arb.com has no credibility or ability to enforce anything. In simple terms, Elance is asking you to go to a third party and asking you to agree to whatever outcome that third party (Net-arb.com in this case) decides. Now when you participate, you are bound ** the decision because you agreed to it. However, Elance forces you to participate in arbitration ** threatening you with a suspension and net-Arb.com is paid ** Elance so Net-Arb.com ensures that not only you run out of your options and then they screw you with a decision in the favor of Elance.

6) One key benefit of arbitration is that it takes months and you only 6 weeks to 2 months to reverse a credit card transaction hence at the end of arbitration, you are left with no recourse.

Now a little bit about net-Arb.com:

Complete scam - no physical address. This is the only public information I could find on them from Georgia Secretary of State website:
    http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?406361

Profit Corporation - Domestic - Information
    Control No.: 0582469
    Entity Creation Date: 12/8/2005
    Jurisdiction: GA
    Principal Office Address: 3560 EAGLEROCK DRIVE
    ATLANTA GA 30340
    Last Annual Registration Filed Date: 3/14/2011
    Last Annual Registration Filed: 2011
    Registered Agent
    Agent Name: MARTY LAVINE
    Office Address: 3560 EAGLEROCK DRIVE
    ATLANTA GA 30340
    Agent County: DEKALB
    Officers
    Title: CEO
    Name: MARTY LAVINE
    Address: 3560 EAGLEROCK DRIVE
    ATLANTA GA 30340
    Title: CFO
    ATLANTA GA 30340
    Title: Secretary
    ATLANTA GA 30340
    There is another video on internet on this company.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu3X56Bd0Co

The names that they use for their arbitrators are mostly fictitious pen names.

Once again, I can stress this enough, JUST DO THE REVERSAL THROUGH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY or RAISE A PAYPAL DISPUTE. Elance and net-Arb have no interest in protecting you as a buyer. They are paid ** providers (10% commission) and they will go to any length to rip you off. It is just NOT worth your time or effort.
    Last edited by finmyw1; 08-05-2011 at 06:55 PM.

I also lost 2000 Dollars. Elance is misleading employers to trust fraudulent contractors. I want Elance to pay for its wrongdoing. If anybody takes any legal action against Elance I will gladly join.

I am a service provider on eLance and I had an entirely different experience. The client filed a dispute notice, would not seek mediation, so there was no option left but to seek arbitration with net-ARB. The client was so impressed with my writing, he offered co-authorship for fee waiver. When I declined that, he pressed charges of plagiarism --- without proof. On the contrary, I submitted a detailed copyscape report, dared the client to run the copy on any other anti-plagiarism software, but he did not.
    Yet, guess what --- net-ARB ruled against me!!! and asked me not just to refund the client but also transfered the copyrights of the material to the client!
    My question is: if the material was plagiarized, why was the client offering me co-authorship and why would the arbitration panel decide to transfer the copyright over "plagiarized material" to the client!
    The best part, net-ARB begins to pitch its business through emails to both parties even before a ruling is announced and afterwards, entertains no queries or objections!!!
    For "able arbitrators" their English writing skills are also far from impeccable :)
    Never again, would I opt for arbitration and certainly not from net-ARB...thank you so much :)

Net-Arb Elance are a truly twisted alliance. Not only does Elance refuse to provide any protection to the buyer if the worker fails to finish the work or finishes the work with unacceptably low quality but they will trick you into thinking your only recourse is to use their "arbitration" service. This is a 100% complete scam. Do not ever use this service.

I was an unfortunate victim of their scam and have posted my trials and tribulations on numerous sites. Elance and Net Arb are now posting responses that are complete fabrications about myself and my company in an effort to discredit me; making statements that they could not possibly have any knowledge of.

I hired a contractor to build an instant messenger module and laid out approximately 10 requirements very clearly in the initial documentation. It was quickly evident that the contract was not competent enough and too inexperienced to finish the project. After laboring through a month of excuses and extending the project an extra two weeks to allow him some time to finish, he still only had about 3 of the 10 requirements completed. Nearly ever feature expected from a generic instant messenging application was missing. A fact I brought up on multiple occasions to the contractor. I informed him of these shortcomings before I extended the project for him and thereafter. After two more weeks of little progress I had enough and kindly explained to him that I would pay him for the work he had done and offered him $800 out of the $1500 project which was very generous on my part.

He sent me to Elance's arbration/mediation and my only recourse was to use Net-Arb who they offer as the only arbitration firm you can use. I should have done my research ahead of time and might have known better. There are experiences similar to mine all over the internet. They have no physical address, very few employees, they do not use a "panel" of judges that they claim to have. They work extremely closely with Elance and are in direct collusion. In most cases they side on the side of the worker so that Elance does not have to refund the money or their fees. They will not review any evidence you provide. Their arbitrators are either incompetent or seem as so because they have no intention of offering you a fair hearing. They ask for evidence that has very little to do with the case and ignore essential questions like: Did the programmer complete all of the work? They will ask a non-technical person to look through all of the code and explain why the code does not work.

I thought that it would be enough to explain that only 1/3rd of the work was complete. So of course they made a decision against me which never addressed the issue of the work not being complete, a fact that the programmer never disputed. They wanted me to look through the lines of code to tell them exactly what was wrong. If I could have done that I never would have needed the programmer in the first place

I have made an effort to get the word out to as many people are possible. Net Arb and Elance are trying to fight back by offering utterly absurd stories that they have fabricated. Here is an example, my company "failed because of my poor management which stemmed from a culture of scapegoating and that only employees left were those that had been the most negative about other employees."

I own a startup business that does not even have any full time employees and they have never spoken with anyone that has worked for me. They have no knowledge of our business or how we run it. Be careful with this company, they are as crooked as they come.

Using Net-Arb.com through Elance cost me a ton of money. I honestly don't know whether they're a scam or not, but they just want to get it over fast. So the other side can lie and lie, and Net-arb won't do anything about it, and won't take the time to look at your evidence.
    HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

Quote Originally Posted by zafer View Post
    I also lost 2000 Dollars. Elance is misleading employers to trust fraudulent contractors. I want Elance to pay for its wrongdoing. If anybody takes any legal action against Elance I will gladly join.

I totally agree with the post from Ryheena. The experience that Ryheena described is eerily similar to my experience as a client. I have been recently victimized by the elance and net-arb scam. It took their so-called arbitrator 2 months to render a decision sprinkled with errors and bias.

I am trying to resolve my complaint by various means but if that does not work out (and it probably will not) I will consider legal action. Zafer - I suggest that you contact me via PM or email so we can explore ways that we might handle a lawsuit. I would like to know some details about your claims and your location. I am in Texas.