+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 77

Thread: MLM Trash

  1. #1

    MLM Trash

    Is there anyone else here who agrees that MLM/Pyramid Schemes are trash, along with the scrubs that go along with them to try and make easy $?

    Does anyone else here also see these people as dreamers, and not thinkers? People who think they are "successful," but deep down know they will NEVER live the life of a real reputable, successful person?

    Any conversation would be appreciated. I just want to see if I'm in the right boat...

  2. #2
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    Is there anyone else here who agrees that MLM/Pyramid Schemes are trash, along with the scrubs that go along with them to try and make easy $?

    Does anyone else here also see these people as dreamers, and not thinkers? People who think they are "successful," but deep down know they will NEVER live the life of a real reputable, successful person?

    Any conversation would be appreciated. I just want to see if I'm in the right boat...
    Yep, you are in the right place.

    May I be the first to say...

    "Welcome to the fourm"
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    657

    Re: MLM Trash

    Yep - if u r a hater you came to the right place if you are gullible and easily swayed.

    Some companies and reps are great - some aren't.

    The industry is solid - you just have to weed out those companies that aren't compliant.

    If you listen to the haters here - then you will become one of them.

    Hopefully - you are a big boy and can make your own decisions.

    Tom
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways different ideas won't work.
    ― Thomas Edison

  4. #4

    Re: MLM Trash

    to cruisin_man and iamwil -

    My experience has only been a few videos and a presentation done by some little lady in a property management office trying to sell me "world ventures." She bragged about how successful she was and blahblah blah, her kids in med school, nice cars, etc. Yet she was sitting here giving a 3 hour presentation to 3 people - me, another guy and his wife (who actually own a real business).

    My old barber also got involved in one, and tried to get me in it. It seemed too shady or fishy, so I didn't mess with it. I didn't like the idea of making a percentage off of what someone else sold, and knowing that in order to sell this non-tangible piece of shit, I had to go around in circles talking about professionalism, punctuality, and drive.

    I've made my decision - all MLMs are scams and I hate them. They disgust me. I go out of my way at work just to flag *****slist posts and read what the unfortunate have to say about how they were tricked.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    to cruisin_man and iamwil -

    My experience has only been a few videos and a presentation done by some little lady in a property management office trying to sell me "world ventures." She bragged about how successful she was and blahblah blah, her kids in med school, nice cars, etc. Yet she was sitting here giving a 3 hour presentation to 3 people - me, another guy and his wife (who actually own a real business).

    My old barber also got involved in one, and tried to get me in it. It seemed too shady or fishy, so I didn't mess with it. I didn't like the idea of making a percentage off of what someone else sold, and knowing that in order to sell this non-tangible piece of shit, I had to go around in circles talking about professionalism, punctuality, and drive.

    I've made my decision - all MLMs are scams and I hate them. They disgust me. I go out of my way at work just to flag *****slist posts and read what the unfortunate have to say about how they were tricked.
    So you based your views about a whole industry on TWO people you hardly knew (a little old lady and a barber)! Right.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Probably West of You
    Posts
    427

    Re: MLM Trash

    It sounds like you've already made up your mind. If you are looking for someone to change your mind, I'm sure Chris "Pathological Liar" Doyle will be here any minute to lend his advice. Or if you're lucky, you'll hear from Kerry "Apartment Manager" Hein with his links of shame.

  7. #7
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I've made my decision - all MLMs are scams and I hate them. They disgust me. I go out of my way at work just to flag *****slist posts and read what the unfortunate have to say about how they were tricked.
    That's the correct decision.

    Stick around here and watch out for 3 characters that post here who have a combined 60+ years in mlm toward thier original 2-5 year plans.

    They are hilarious....and quite pathetic at the same time.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: MLM Trash

    Most people agree with you screwdriver. MLMs are not something most people want to involve themselves with. And those that do, like myself, usually only briefly participate and then lose money. Then they are forced to lick their wounds and go back to where they came from with their tale between their legs, hoping their friends and family accept them again. That's the reality of MLM.

    Who wants to lose money, waste time, alienate friends and family, then be made to look and feel like a failure?

    And the alternative is not much better. Yea, you can make some good money if you are one of the lucky ones, but you still have to scam people all day long and sell your soul to the MLM. Too much effort and too much scamming for my tastes.

    Also, MLMs have been proven to be economically illogical--which means they can work, but they don't make sense as business models, particularly when compared to other companies who provide similar products and services. Take your pick, there are a lot of different reasons why MLMs suck.
    Last edited by needs2stop; 06-28-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    Also, MLMs have been proven to be economically illogical. This means they don't make sense as business models, particularly when compared to other companies who provide similar products and services. .
    Have you bothered to read the pullout from the Wall Street Journal and the financial experts views on Direct Selling/MLM? They seem to be opposite to your views. What makes you think you're better informed than them?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Have you bothered to read the pullout from the Wall Street Journal and the financial experts views on Direct Selling/MLM? They seem to be opposite to your views. What makes you think you're better informed than them?
    I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking the pullout is more addressing how much money is in MLM, and not that it is in-and-of-itself a great business opportunity. You'd have to take into account success vs. failure rates in order to make that claim, and we all know that nobody wants to do that. Thus far 3% success rate is the HIGHEST I've seen for MLMs, and that's is awful.

    What if I gave you a stock reco that had a 97% chance of losing your money, a 1% of breaking even, and a measly 2% chance of profitting. Would you take that investment Mr. Wallstreet journal?
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post
    It sounds like you've already made up your mind. If you are looking for someone to change your mind, I'm sure Chris "Pathological Liar" Doyle will be here any minute to lend his advice. Or if you're lucky, you'll hear from Kerry "Apartment Manager" Hein with his links of shame.
    Sure, I'll be the fly in your Anti-MLM ointment!

    Be my guest! Read em & weap!

    Cynics...

    :judges:

    Kerry Hein
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking the pullout is more addressing how much money is in MLM, and not that it is in-and-of-itself a great business opportunity. You'd have to take into account success vs. failure rates in order to make that claim, and we all know that nobody wants to do that. Thus far 3% success rate is the HIGHEST I've seen for MLMs, and that's is awful.

    What if I gave you a stock reco that had a 97% chance of losing your money, a 1% of breaking even, and a measly 2% chance of profitting. Would you take that investment Mr. Wallstreet journal?
    Try reading the pullout (hint, financial experts are saying that its a great opportunity for ordinary people to start their own businesses) first, then comment. Its always easier that way.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Try reading the pullout (hint, financial experts are saying that its a great opportunity for ordinary people to start their own businesses) first, then comment. Its always easier that way.
    I wish that publication was released when I was in MLM! I would've loved to have said to prospects: "Well WSJ has an article in it today which said it's a great opportunity..."

    It might be more accurate to say "It's one of the ONLY opportunities for regular people to start their own business." Then it would be more accurate. But all that shows is how hard it is to start a successful business nowadays, especially without a million dollars reserve in your pocket or a great "facebook" idea to bank off of.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    I wish that publication was released when I was in MLM! I would've loved to have said to prospects: "Well WSJ has an article in it today which said it's a great opportunity..."

    It might be more accurate to say "It's one of the ONLY opportunities for regular people to start their own business." Then it would be more accurate. But all that shows is how hard it is to start a successful business nowadays, especially without a million dollars reserve in your pocket or a great "facebook" idea to bank off of.
    Absolutely! I would say its nearly impossible for people of ordinary means to start off a traditional business.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: MLM Trash

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Absolutely! I would say its nearly impossible for people of ordinary means to start off a traditional business.
    So then they might as well say that selling crack is a good a way for an ordinary person to start a successful business. If the only criteria is that it is easy to do and can make you good money, then it's as good of a choice as MLM. Sure, 90% of crack dealers get robbed, killed, or imprisoned, but that's better than how 97% of the MLM losers fair.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    657

    Re: MLM Trash

    So it seems the OP is just as misinformed as most of the other MLM haters with no education on the subject of network marketing.

    Typical . . .
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways different ideas won't work.
    ― Thomas Edison

Similar Threads

  1. Is - Trash Your Timeshare - Legal
    By ramboandrocky in forum Hotel Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 11:06 PM
  2. Australian Trash - No Respect
    By Yawn... in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM
  3. Put That Trash Back Where You Found It!
    By naturefreak2101 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:39 AM
  4. WHO Called the Palestinians Trash?
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
  5. Why is that Islamic trash on a sticky?
    By Ronster in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 08:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •