+ Reply to Thread

Action Aid International....Phillip Castillo

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I just received this today on *****slist.... BEWARE!!!!!

Hello,

Thanks for responding to the AD and I'm Phillip Castillo, The new director of works at Action Aid International (USA), we have gone through your resume and feel your are competent for the job so we need to know if you are capable of repairing computers in large volumes (6-10 computers for trials), the organization distributed few computers to a missionary home in Lima, Peru, and there objectives was to hold a free computer training section for the kids at the Mission Home, we got information that the computers all malfunctioned and They are shipping the computers back to us, we need to fix them and have it returned in time, are you available for this job? we need your urgent response to this ad.

Very Respectfully,
    Phillip Castillo
    Action Aid International.
    www.actionaid.org

Hello,
    Thanks for the swift response, Here are some few details you need for the job, We supplied 30 Pentium IV dell laptops to the mission training home, after some couple of months we got an information that 8 of the systems malfunctioned and results into crashing, first we made enquiries about how they all malfunctioned and we found out that Below are the things needed to be done on the laptops;

(1.) Format Hard Drive
    (2.) Install Win Xp or Vista with Service Pack 2 or 3
    (3.) Microsoft Office Package
    (4.) Recent Anti Virus Software with (Free Lifetime Updates)
    (5.) Adobe Acrobat
    (6.) Diagnostics of the entire system after to check hard drive, CD & DVD ROM, floppy Disk.

Get back to me with your total cost for the services of 8 units ( Labour Only). We would Include all the necessary software's and licenses (Original) needed for the service installations and would be paying you with a certified Company Check, and i want you to know that the Laptops will all be shipped to your location by our shipping agents, we will give you a totality of one week to finish up with the repairs after which it will also be picked up by the shippers. This is a Contract Job which might lead to a full time position with the company after you have successfully completed the first task within the specified time. Kindly send me the following information's to have the Check mailed out to you;

Full Name:
    Physical Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip code:
    Cell phone #:

I am currently in Remote area in Lima and the phone service is very poor here, My cell phone is unavailable at the moment. I am in the process of switching plans. It will be a day or two. I await your urgent response so we can make moving arrangements and delivery of payment as soon as possible.
    The Director of Works.

Phillip Castillo
    www.actionaid.org

Re: Action Aid International....Phillip Castillo

I also received a similar email, indeed this is definitely a scam! Action Aid seems to be a legit organization, but people who don't work for them are trying to use their name for scamming purposes. They have a phishing warning on their site as well.

A dead giveaway is the fact that the emails come from "@yahoo.com", or "@gmail.com" addresses, and should come from "@actionaid.org" if they were from the actual organization.

The English is also terrible in these letters. Do not give these scammers any of your info, do not accept any checks, or sign any papers, or give them your credit card number or a check to "pay their trusted carrier back", or any of your personal information! If you have, I would call your bank or your local police station right away!

I have received these messages also from "matt beast beastmatt03@gmail.com", and "tery mark trmark9@gmail.com" :

Hello,

How are you? I'm, The director of works/IT at Action Aid International, we need to know if you are capable of repairing computers in large volumes, the organization distributed few computers to a missionary home in Lima, Peru, and there objectives was to hold a free computer training section for the kids at the Mission Home, we got information that the computers all malfunctioned and They are shipping the computers back to us,we need to fix them and have it returned in time,are you available for this job? we need your urgent response to this ad.

==============================

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry for the late response and i am okay
    with the price we have all the necessary software's needed for the
    service installations,but i will need a breakdown for the state
    service charge. This is an organization and there are logistics
    process to be followed.Once you have been confirmed. We will instruct
    the Organization financier to prepare a check for you on your name and
    address.Do send me your full name and address and your cell phone # so
    as to prepare the check and shipping of the laptops to your address.
    We have a reliable shipping agent that will handle the drop off &
    pickup of the laptops when you are done with it, payment sent to you
    will have to include shipping charges, you will deduct your total fee
    from the payment been giving to you by the organization financier for
    working for us and have the rest sent to the shipper for immediate
    delivery of the laptops to your location, and this shipping charges
    includes the laptops been returned back to Lima Peru were they came
    from.

I am looking forward to hearing from you, so we can have payment and
    shipping logistic sent to our financier ASAP.

Thanks...

Thank you, mrhozer! Today I also received a similar email from "Phillip Castro" contactsapinc.csr@gmail.com , this is definitely a scam.

Job hunting is a pain in the neck. However they are, they're adding to the pain. I found an ad for computer technician/Help Desk (ID 2506136354) which led me to these emails below:

-------------
    Hello,

Thanks for responding to the AD and I'm Phillip Castro, The new director of works at Action Aid International (USA), we have gone through your resume and feel your are competent for the job so we need to know if you are capable of repairing computers in large volumes (6-10 computers for trials), the organization distributed few computers to a missionary home in Lima, Peru, and there objectives was to hold a free computer training section for the kids at the Mission Home, we got information that the computers all malfunctioned and They are shipping the computers back to us, we need to fix them and have it returned in time, are you available for this job? we need your urgent response to this ad.

Very Respectfully,
    Phillip Castro

-------------

Hello,
    Thanks for the swift response, Here are some few details you need for the job, We supplied 30 Pentium IV dell laptops to the mission training home, after some couple of months we got an information that 8 of the systems malfunctioned and results into crashing, first we made enquiries about how they all malfunctioned and we found out that Below are the things needed to be done on the laptops;

(1.) Format Hard Drive
    (2.) Install Win Xp or Vista with Service Pack 2 or 3
    (3.) Microsoft Office Package
    (4.) Recent Anti Virus Software with (Free Lifetime Updates)
    (5.) Adobe Acrobat
    (6.) Diagnostics of the entire system after to check hard drive, CD & DVD ROM, floppy Disk.

Get back to me with your total cost for the services of 8 units ( Labour Only). We would Include all the necessary software's and licenses (Original) needed for the service installations and would be paying you with a certified Company Check/Money Order, and i want you to know that the Laptops will all be shipped to your location ** our shipping agents, we will give you a totality of one week to finish up with the repairs after which it will also be picked up ** the shippers. This is a Contract Job which might lead to a full time position with the company after you have successfully completed the first task within the specified time. Kindly send me the following information's to have the Check mailed out to you;

Full Name:
    Physical Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip code:
    Cell phone #:

I am currently in Remote area in Lima and the phone service is very poor here, My cell phone is unavailable at the moment. I am in the process of switching plans. It will be a day or two. I await your urgent response so we can make moving arrangements and delivery of payment as soon as possible.
    The Director of Works.

Phillip Castro
    www.actionaid.org
    ------------