+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone know how gofundme.com works?

A friend of mine sent me a link to fund someone who's father is ill and they need money to visit him before he passes. I would like to help but how do I know this is actually going to that person or if they are really going to use the money for this? It's to knew to me so I am a little weary. Does anyone know how legit this is? Or how it works. How much of the $ I donate will actually go to the person, etc..

Re: Does anyone know how gofundme.com works?

Hello Silly, yb:

I am pretty sure it's a scam. The reason I know that is because I sent money before.Help someone you know face to face! Do not send any money.Trust me.

Hello - you can see who's collecting the money on GoFundMe in the 'Created By' area of the donation page. GoFundMe helps protect donors by displaying the following information about the person collecting the money:

1. The person's Facebook name, photo and number of friends. If this info looks fishy, don't donate. The user would need their Facebook login/password in order to display this info. Don't donate to users who are not Facebook Verified.

2. The person's PayPal account email address that's used to process the payments. If this email looks suspicious, don't donate and report the user to GoFundMe and PayPal.

Finally, GoFundMe doesn't actually collect payments. The service connects directly to users' very own PayPal accounts to allow people to accept payments from others. This ensures that all GoFundMe users receive their payments immediately.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I actually just gave the money to my friend to send to him. I trust her. But at least in the future I will know what to look for. Again thankyou for your help.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I know a Lana Zouroum also known as Lana Abdelsalam Chukri who has created 2 accounts on gofundme.com....One was shared with her friends and family where she pretends to help children and people in need. The other account she created just a day before is under Lana Chukri.Now this account she mistakenly shared it on facebook. A second later it was deleted but it was too late. The goal for both accounts is to help her pay her rent only. She is getting evicted from her apartment. This is only the 3rd time she gets evicted

http://www.gofundme.com/xjgh7fc

http://www.gofundme.com/xh8g3g8

I dont understand people.

yah interesting site! definately worth some time to check it out!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you